Did the light go on for Harris last night? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the light go on for Harris last night?

It's only week 1 and there's enough bad o line play and lack of quality depth out there to ruin seasons short of top shelf defenses hiding the exposures.

I'm pretty sure Miami can't afford a tackle injury. It's not as dire as the starting nickel lbs health but it's damn close.
What's your take on our OL vs the Chargers front seven ?

As far as the original question... It depends. Has the power come back on in Miami?

Guys let's knock off the personal shots and get back to discussing the topic.
Keep it up and i'll start deleting posts.

Thanks for your cooperation.

If u ever get the chance to look at their scheme let me know, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

At first glance, Wash's use of Myles Jack is impressive & effective and I like how's he's tweaked his 4-3 Over front to continue the usage of 2 gap lineman like Bradley did. That's going to be the saving grace in that front.

. . .

They make the proper adjustments to motions that switch strengths, too.

. . .

They also vary their front alignment. Conversely with us, if an offense is on schedule you'll see a 1 and a 3 tech every damn time.

. . .

Jalen Ramsey . . . what a player, incredible instincts. He had a great PD on Hopkins by reading the QB and staying with him on a deep dig despite Cover 6 which erased any conflict of passing him off to the inside CB who had just passed off the inside vert to the FS vs 12 twins.

. . .

Regardless of Savage, Watson, or that it was the Texan's offense in general, Wash does a great job of utilizing his defenders and putting them in the best spots to succeed in both gameplan and playcalling. Great variations for a modern 4-3. Jags defense will be damn good this year. It's a shame they'll have to put up with Bortles dealing them shitty field position and TOP.

Last edited:
At first glance, Wash's use of Myles Jack is impressive & effective and I like how's he's tweaked his 4-3 Over front to continue the usage of 2 gap lineman like Bradley did. That's going to be the saving grace in that front.

. . .

They make the proper adjustments to motions that switch strengths, too.

. . .

They also vary their front alignment. Conversely with us, if an offense is on schedule you'll see a 1 and a 3 tech every damn time.

. . .

Jalen Ramsey . . . what a player, incredible instincts. He had a great PD on Hopkins by reading the QB and staying with him on a deep dig despite Cover 6 which erased any conflict of passing him off to the inside CB who had just passed off the inside vert to the FS vs 12 twins.

. . .

Regardless of Savage, Watson, or that it was the Texan's offense in general, Wash does a great job of utilizing his defenders and putting them in the best spots to succeed in both gameplan and playcalling. Great variations for a modern 4-3. Jags defense will be damn good this year. It's a shame they'll have to put up with Bortles dealing them ****ty field position and TOP.

Great Insight, I think the Jags will have the Number 1 defense this year, they have the Titans coming up.

We should of moved up to draft Jack in the 2nd or Jaylon in the 3rd.

Just back on Harris, a lot of us saying they wouldn't have drafted him. Me included. Might be interesting for the doubters to nail down who they would have drafted instead of him at 22. We can come back to this down the line and see who was right.

My shortlist at 22 would have been Bowser, Baker, White, Njoku. I'd have taken Bowser I think, though they're all tempting.

Forrest Lamp, Budda Baker, Malik Mcdowell, David Njoku would have been my top choices at 22, Players too good to pass up despite scheme fit are Watt and Bowser, Players I wanted in the later rounds were Jordan Willis, Daeshon Hall, Derek Rivers, Jojo Mathis, Dan Feeney, Tedric Thompson, Eric Saubert and Reuben Foster.

I would've tried my hardest to get out of that pick, dejected that Barnett, Hooker, Allen, and Davis were gone and hoping to somehow snag both Walker and Williams in the next round. Felt like 22 was sorta no man's land with how it played out.

Tons of talent went in rounds 4-6 so stockpiling DBs would've been high on my list as well. Those DTs look promising and Asiata was a need (age would've stopped me) so not complaining.

But this is all just crap I was thinking when the draft was going on.

But for these purposes : Walker, Kwon, Williams, Cunningham, Peppers, White, and Wilson in that order. Let's go Walker to avoid redundancy.

Foster, Robinson, and Teez would've gotten long looks to determine how crazy/hurt/all of the above they were.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom