Dion jordan?? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion jordan??

Brilliant brilliant brilliant. The best de on the board. It was one of our 3 biggest needs. Now to get Eiffert and a cb. Great move Jeff.

Look for him to play the joker position. Olb on downs 1 and 2 with his hand in the dirt on 3rd down. He is young but will grow into his body like jt, I think jt was only 240 lbs coming out of college. We had to upgrade the pass rush, and by doing so we also upgraded the secondary

I think we're going to see a LOT of zone blitzing......Jordan standing up at rush end and either rushing or dropping into coverage and allowing Wheeler or Ellerbe to blitz. We can do the same with Wake, although i'm not sure why you'd ever want him NOT rushing the QB.

This guy is one of the 8 elite players in this draft, and to get him for a second in moving up 9 spots is beyond bargain

This is the correct philosophy anyway, taking a swing at a great player. You can sit there for years relying on mid round guys and you'll never get anywhere. That's why I think Philbin influenced this move. Ireland has always been content to overstate his later picks. Philbin won't be fooled.

Oregon defenders are difficult to evaluate. They terrorize you on offense, forcing the opponents' offense to panic and press. Last year we drafted Kaddu, another skinny Oregon guy who often looked great on the attack.

I have a sense it might take Jordan a while to bloom. He'll make plays here and there but often be easily trapped or redirected. Not nearly the functional strength of Wake.

Yesterday I watched a draft preview on CSS. Ron Zook was skeptical of Jordan, saying he only played 42% of Oregon's defensive snaps, and was virtually never on the field in the red zone.

My main problem with this pick is one premier guy is not enough. I was hoping we'd take our best shot at 12, then package 42 and 54 to move within the first round, or wherever it could take us. If all we do is name Jordan, then trade the 54 for a known unspectacular player in Albert, and otherwise rely on 3rd rounders and lower, it's not an optimum investment of all our resources, IMO.

The first Philbin reference, and many more to come. Because Philin is not only the scout, coach, but also the GM. SMDH. This is going to be the story from now on. And he if end's up being a bust, it was an Ireland selection! Philbin went from being an o-line coach, to OC, and now he's a defensive expert!!!

Out of all people, I so expect better from you. But oh well!

i thought the same thing. his mom even had a "we'll make the best of it" look on her face.

to be picked #3 over all is BIG TIME!! expecially 1st defensive player off the baord. and i saw a pretty lack luster response.

BUT, i like the pic. like it more we didnt give up much to move 9 spots! and, i will be much, much happier if he is OLB and not a full time DE as they started jayson taylor out as. i think deon is a great pic, but, he isnt where taylor waz coming out. isnt as strong. and it took 3 years for jayson to get up to 270 lbs to be a factor in the run game. jorda wont have to go through all that to be an olb. 250 lb olb who CAN cover AND rush the passer works fine.

i see a pro bowl olb in jordan. i wanted CB, and its our biggest need, but, a player who actually can rush the passer AND cover the TE [mayock said they had him covering slot wr's] is big.

I have a feeling he was hoping to be reunited with Chip Kelly.

Yeah im so buzzedright now. i love that ireland shwed some balls. we neeeded a pass rusher, did nt see that coming i thought it was goina be llane johnson for sure, like the pick though!!!!!!

Olivier Vernon had 3.5 sacks, 2 FFs and was a 3rd round rookie. He wasn't supposed to do much last season, considering he didn't start and was considered a player that needed work. Dion Jordan is the only player I wanted to trade up to get. Great pick. I wanted Eifert badly and wanted to draft for ryan tannehill but, I didn't think Jordan was possible. This is a great pick. Focus on ryan for the rest of this draft though.

How in the world can people hate this pick? They got the best pash rusher in the draft(compared to Jason Taylor), bookend him with Cameron Wake and the defensive line is scary good. Ireland swung for the fences and hit a home run with this pick.

lol I know you know why, but you are too nice of a guy to type it. But it's pretty freaking obvious why anyone would fault this decision at this point.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

A very un-Ireland like move here, and I love it.

Correction, a very un-Tuna like move.

He can cover like a ****ing Saftey.

He covered slot WRs last year. SLOT WRS.

He'll do more than full on rush the passer, kid is a great football player.

if our front 7 gets pressure on the qb we dont need DB to play as well.

Back
Top Bottom