Dion jordan?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion jordan??

After watching his highlight film, I feel a little but better about the pick.

Olivier Vernon hasn't done squat yet. I wouldn't even consider him a viable pass rush threat at the moment.

Jordan would have never made it to our pick....seriously?

On a lot of boards he was a top ten pick and as high as #2. Surprised me, but like some others I felt good when I found we only gave up a second round pick.

Is it me or did it look like Dion was upset?

i thought the same thing. his mom even had a "we'll make the best of it" look on her face.

to be picked #3 over all is BIG TIME!! expecially 1st defensive player off the baord. and i saw a pretty lack luster response.

BUT, i like the pic. like it more we didnt give up much to move 9 spots! and, i will be much, much happier if he is OLB and not a full time DE as they started jayson taylor out as. i think deon is a great pic, but, he isnt where taylor waz coming out. isnt as strong. and it took 3 years for jayson to get up to 270 lbs to be a factor in the run game. jorda wont have to go through all that to be an olb. 250 lb olb who CAN cover AND rush the passer works fine.

i see a pro bowl olb in jordan. i wanted CB, and its our biggest need, but, a player who actually can rush the passer AND cover the TE [mayock said they had him covering slot wr's] is big.

have u seen this guy's stats? not too impressive. If Miami can maneuver a way to get Carradine now, id be ecstatic. Or Werner.

Olivier Vernon hasn't done squat yet. I wouldn't even consider him a viable pass rush threat at the moment.

true!!

This is the correct philosophy anyway, taking a swing at a great player. You can sit there for years relying on mid round guys and you'll never get anywhere. That's why I think Philbin influenced this move. Ireland has always been content to overstate his later picks. Philbin won't be fooled.

We have the fire power this year and we have that fire power because of the things we did last year...things Ireland and his team did. Ireland gets some credit. However I think Philbin's input would have been more from the "if this guy can rush the passer" it helps with the mediocre CBs. I'm very eager to find out what we are doing at CB.

Mayock has Jordan as his 5th rated player overall in the draft and he was considered one of the 8 elite players in this draft. I'd say we got a very good player with the potential to be great.

If i recall, Aldon had only 6 sacks hsi sophmore year before he declared. That means nothing.

I just hope we get JT and not manny Lawson because I see similar players in those 3.

STATS DONT TELL IT BUDDY!! I hate when people say this, understand that this kid is a do it all DEFENSIVE PLAYER. Lol I can't even get mad at you dude, lol you just don't know better, it's not your fault;) just know that we just got a fantastic player that is 6"7 and can not only pass rush but is great in coverage and ADDS A DIFFERENT dynamic to our D!

I have had a mancrush on DJ since the 2011 Season. Look at some of my early mocks and posts up to the 2013 combine.

After the combine, I did not think it was possible for the phins to draft Jordan @ 12 and did not think Ireland would trade up.

Raiders got hosed. Conceptually, Miami should have give up both 2nd's & 3a!

I was so excited I swear I needed Oxygen.

Very happy. Pash rush is the most important thing in defense in this new nfl.

We have an elite pass rusher, and now a top talent who could also develop and be elite. It's a wonderful thing

Odrick to dt to replace Starks next year. It's where he belongs anyway. He is no 4-3 end

Look for him to play the joker position. Olb on downs 1 and 2 with his hand in the dirt on 3rd down. He is young but will grow into his body like jt, I think jt was only 240 lbs coming out of college. We had to upgrade the pass rush, and by doing so we also upgraded the secondary

Back
Top Bottom