Dion jordan?? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion jordan??

He can cover like a ****ing Saftey.

He covered slot WRs last year. SLOT WRS.

He'll do more than full on rush the passer, kid is a great football player.

The more I read, the more I like. This guy will knock Brady on his ass and cover Gronk. BOOM!

if our front 7 gets pressure on the qb we dont need DB to play as well.

And if our front FOUR get enough pressure we do not have to blitz and when we do blitz, it works.

Think young, faster JT and the replacement for Cam Wake who is not going to live forever.

I'm still blown away by this pick. There's so much potential talent on our defense now.

As much as I wanted a CB in round 1, I personally don't think the first round CB's are that elite. Milliner maybe, but Jets are replacing Revis, so that's already a shaky situation.

As for OT - We'll see with Albert or Winston.

CB, OT, TE, and maybe a running back and free safety -- Get it done Ireland!

An apology

I apologize for my initial reaction. I was very upset and let my emotion get the best of me. After watching the highlight tape and thinking about it I am very happy about the pick. My apologies to everyone and to our new DE/LB!

I apologize for my initial reaction. I was very upset and let my emotion get the best of me. After watching the highlight tape and thinking about it I am very happy about the pick. My apologies to everyone and to our new DE/LB!

Could've said that in your original thread but it's no sweat friend :)

Glad to have you on board with the pick

All is good as we are all passionate about this team. It was a great pick for us without giving up a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Could've said that in your original thread but it's no sweat friend :)

Glad to have you on board with the pick

i wanted it to be seen :D and yes! i just wonder what we're gonna do with odrick/starks now

There was some beer involved as well right? You can tell me.

Dream come true! Never thought we would trade up for him.
Bravo Ireland!!!

Guys, reallly??? other that Eifert who would we have picked? Cam and Dion is freakin nightmarish for brady.......just be happy!!

Too bad he's not a DE. He barely, if ever, was in a 3 point stance at Oregon. He was an OLB who occasionally rushed the passer. He's too skinny and weak at the point of attack to be a full-time DE.

thats what they said about jason taylor too..im not saying he will become that, but undersized doesn't mean he cant bulk up and i think he can be a very good pass rusher, and others said he can cover too..so hes versatile

they said he couldn't shed blockers, but then again maybe miami has good enough dts to take up the big ol and let him free lance. Even though maybe him building alittle more muscle will help more with that and him develop to a more complete player. But he sounds like a great athlete. I remember analysts critcizing seahawaks taking bruce irvin much higher in first rd than they thought, and irvin ended up being a great DE for them this past season and anchoring the seahawks d line with clemons and solidufying the hawks defense to being as good as it is

I'm not going to say anything negative. Lately, I've lost 2 cases of great importance in my life and I am starting to wonder if its just me, have I become so cynical.

Have I lost touch or feel for this team?

I've been banned of the DD board for my views, so maybe its just me.

I hope Dion Jordan turns out to be better than Ronnie Brown, and Jake Long, 2 major busts in our history in the draft and in my sincere opinion.

d-1

While I don't know your exact circumstances, I feel a lot of kinship to your negativity. Life has it's ups and downs and I feel I've been in a decade long down.

And yes, losing optimism in life can truly impact how you feel about the parts in your life that should bring happiness. Negativity is contagious and moreso than positivity.

In regards to your comment about Long, I disagree. OT are never sexy picks. Oddly enough, the primary job of your LT is to protect the franchise. If he's doing his job, you'll never hear his name. Great LTs are not remembered on losing teams. The most impact a LT can have on your team is to give your QB the best chance to prove how good he is. Their destinies are intertwined. If you have a great QB, the LT gets his credit. If you have a bad QB, the LT gets forgotten.

Jake Long was a perennial pro bowler for a losing team with average and worse QBs. Jake was a great pick for this team, he lived up to his draft status. Unfortunately, he never protected an Elite QB and will eventually fade into Dolphin Lore as one of those great players from an era with nothing else notable to associate him.

As for Jordan, I felt the same way. When I heard the trade announced, I thought "OMG please don't revert to drafting a Tackle". Then I watched his highlights, realized his draft stock value and realized something.... Dion Jordan is so ANTI-Ireland. To trade up to get him ONLY surrendering a 2nd rounder took a big pair of nuts.

Jordan is not a move we would have made in the past 20 years. We ARE turning the corner. Jordan is a very unique player. And I realized something else, I wrote a post a few days ago stating how we have yet to truly draft in response to the athletic TE's that have eaten us alive for the past decade.

Jordan is so unique you can't project him at DE or LB. He is an athletic talent that can rush the QB from the line, off the line, from LB AND can drop back and cover a TE OR WR in coverage. He's the most utility defender we've ever drafted I can remember.

It is wrong to judge him based on this position or that position. He IS a force from many positions. And that creates problems for OLs. Instead of worrying where he fits on defense, the offense has to worry how they are going to stop him wherever he lines up. His impact is so unique, most of us don't realize how dynamic he has made us.

I applaud Ireland and company. They're doing the opposite of what they were taught. And are playing it masterfully. This is what we needed: a complete change in philosophy. It's a decision to attack and let the opponent worry about reacting... on both sides of the ball.

Conquering negativity requires hope. Each day is a new battle. Don't worry about losing. Think about winning.

Back
Top Bottom