***Divisional Round Thread Bucs vs Lions—Chiefs vs Bills*** | Page 113 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Divisional Round Thread Bucs vs Lions—Chiefs vs Bills***

Diggs is gone for sure
Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bills over pay for Henry, who I’m not really worried about by the way
They need another big back to take carries away from Allen.

Imagine being a RB in Buffalo where you have to do most of the work between the 5-5 and then the QB steals all the carries at the goal line. I wonder if that hurts the RB come contract time when it gets brought up that they don't score that often.

Better hope Buffalo keeps McDermott. Harbaugh in Buffalo gives Miami zero chance to compete.

Imagine being a RB in Buffalo where you have to do most of the work between the 5-5 and then the QB steals all the carries at the goal line. I wonder if that hurts the RB come contract time when it gets brought up that they don't score that often.
In the first 11 games, Allen rushed on average 5 times a game under Dorsey. When the switched to Brady as OC, that average moved to 12 attempts per game and they won every game down the stretch.

Defenses will continue to adjust to this when playing the Bills, but it is an effective play when you have the pass rush pushing upfield and the LB's out in coverage. Allen is unique in his size and toughness that he can do it consistently, but that is not normal. His body will take a pounding and it will catch up with him.

I was in a 5 year program at the University at Buffalo from 2007-2012. They were so bad the game was blacked out each week because fans refused to go to games. Spent a lot of time in the Rochester area; my wife graduated from RIT.
I went to UB for two years also, but many years before you. 1984 being my last . I went to four Dolphin games between the years of 1978- 1986 in Buffalo and before Jim Kelly showed up, there would be about 20-30% Dolphin fans at those games.

In the first 11 games, Allen rushed on average 5 times a game under Dorsey. When the switched to Brady as OC, that average moved to 12 attempts per game and they won every game down the stretch.

Defenses will continue to adjust to this when playing the Bills, but it is an effective play when you have the pass rush pushing upfield and the LB's out in coverage. Allen is unique in his size and toughness that he can do it consistently, but that is not normal. His body will take a pounding and it will catch up with him.

Yep, defenses will adjust. All of this running will shorten Allen’s career. I finally saw a few people willing to hit Allen last night. Allen is going to come across some defender that lights him up. Hell, a healthy Holland would do it. But these QBs that run, defenders need to treat them like RBs and level them.

McDershit fakes a punt on his 30...should he be fired or promoted lol
They didn’t even surrender a score there. He knew Buffalo wasn’t stopping Mahomes all night anyway so he gambled and just happen to lose. They also said on the broadcast that the Chiefs only had 10 guys on the field for that fake punt, but I haven’t looked into if that was true or not.

You kinda do with Allen, it's when his legs give out. He's a bang average pocket passer. Buffalo ain't winning **** when Allen is kept in the pocket. There is a reason they asked him to run 12 times per game for the last 8 games.

All the Josh Allen nut huggers and cucks on here would have you believe he's an elite QB but he isn't. He's an elite scrambler and Buffalo need to hope his legs hold out until the end of that contract or else they will be in trouble. Going by their logic, Buffalo should be tearing it all up right now, getting rid of the QB, coach and GM since they've had 6 years now and not even a Super Bowl appearance never mind a win to show for it.

He’s a talent passer too no doubt and he’s been blessed to have his OL intact all season.

But his legs are what’s creating that X factor and I’ll also say his health. He hasn’t been hurt doing what he does and imo it’s only a matter of time.

Yep, defenses will adjust. All of this running will shorten Allen’s career. I finally saw a few people willing to hit Allen last night. Allen is going to come across some defender that lights him up. Hell, a healthy Holland would do it. But these QBs that run, defenders need to treat them like RBs and level them.

I’m shocked so many defenders don’t go down low and take out his legs and knees!

It’s shocking he’s able to run the way he does.

The NFl is such a different league now.

Thats not going to work. Allen likely WANTS to run the ball himself.

Better hope Buffalo keeps McDermott. Harbaugh in Buffalo gives Miami zero chance to compete.

When did Harbaugh become this automatic HOF NFL coach all of a sudden?

A for sure can’t miss HC?

Like Nic Saban who had far more accomplishments as a College HC?

I swear the power we give others based on what I don’t even know is astonishing.

Last edited:
I’m shocked so many defenders don’t go down low and take out his legs and knees!

It’s shocking he’s able to run the way he does.

The NFl is such a different league now.

I’m shocked too! I would have thought someone would take out his knees and take a shot at his head. The league has gotten soft. A 2000s Ed Reed or Ray Lewis would have ended all of that running lol! Now I see defenders just standing and watching Allen. It’s almost like they hope he slides.

I’m shocked too! I would have thought someone would take out his knees and take a shot at his head. The league has gotten soft. A 2000s Ed Reed or Ray Lewis would have ended all of that running lol! Now I see defenders just standing and watching Allen. It’s almost like they hope he slides.

I’d never endorse a shot at his head. Thats a no no.

But defenders have always gone low on bigger ball carriers.

Not so much on Allen.

Guys try to tackle him up high.

It’s odd!

I just think things are pretty spread out when Josh runs and he gets lots of one on ones with smaller guys. I mean he’s in the size range for all but lineman and he never gets hit by them.

Back
Top Bottom