do the dolphins have a dominating player? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

do the dolphins have a dominating player?

Dolphinizzle said:
So if you had a chance to trade RW for TH straight up, you wouldn't take that deal? You must be crazy to think Henry is a better back than Ricky.
Henry is a good back... But Ricky is a superstar. With an improved line ricky will go for 1600+ easy.

As for a dominant player for Miami. It's Ricky Williams, hands down. Give him an inch and he'll take a mile. Or in this case, give him a hole and he'll take 60 yards. Ricky is the real deal.

Hey spitonsurtain... didn't Ricky run for 200+ yards against your bills, in Buffalo, in the snow? And you're second guessing him.. what a joke! :lol:
I wouldnt take that trade. But remember, this is just my opinion... if Ricky proves me wrong, then i'll take the backlash. But I do think he's overrated.

Yes, he did run for 200+ against us :fire: against our crappy defense, but he still didnt win the game for the Phins. :D

volk said:
The Bills having a crappier OL then the Dolphins last year???? Are you smoking crack? The Bills were consistently able to open holes for Henry last year, and Bledsoe was frequently given enough time to throw. Don't confuse Bledsoe's mysterious inability to remember how to throw the ball with poor blocking. They weren't stellar, but they were certainly serviceable. By comparison, the Dolphin's OL couldn't open a hole in a paper bag last year, and worse still, their pass blocking was almost non-existant. While bledsoe could take a seven step drop before getting sacked last year, Fiedler and Griese were lucky to get a three, and even then they had to move quick.
Watch the Bills/Dallas game last season, Bledsoe was like a deer in the headlights. But you are absolutely correct on one point: the Bills O-line are "supposedly" great run blockers, but mediocre pass blockers.

IMO Surtain and Ricky are the ones on the Dolphins! They wouldn't win as many games as they do without Ricky and a lot of teams don't throw to Surtain that's why he doesn't seem as dominating!

I don't know if you call them dominant, but opponents prepare for RW, CC, RMM, JT, ZT, Wale and P Surtain.

Olindo Mare is also dominating on special teams. He has the best kickoff in the NFL!

lacka said:
Olindo Mare is also dominating on special teams. He has the best kickoff in the NFL!

Now, if only he could get his dominant FG kicking back...

MIAMI DOLPHIN said:
Show me a rb who had as bad an o-line(as we did) and a rb who can produce despite the o-lines lack of skill. .

Travis Henry :D. Our OL was as crappy as yours and RW had more attempts ,played more games and Henry played w/ a rib injury and a broken leg. RW beat him by 16 yds :D

Although I wouldn't say Henry is better, I'm just showing you what another player can produce w/ a crappy OL like yours :D

Justasportsfan said:
Travis Henry :D. Our OL was as crappy as yours and RW had more attempts ,played more games and Henry played w/ a rib injury and a broken leg. RW beat him by 16 yds :D

Although I wouldn't say Henry is better, I'm just showing you what another player can produce w/ a crappy OL like yours :D
Justa, you musta mista few posts... I said the exact same thing a few posts back. ;)

Justasportsfan said:

Once again, a Bills fan is mistaken :shakeno: Not only was Buffalo's OL much better at run blocking than Miami's was last year, they also had a QB with the *potential* to light up any secondary in the league. While Bledsoe would go on to fail miserably by season's end, Henry enjoyed at least 2/3 of the season as the second threat. Every defense keyed Bledsoe and the receivers *First*, and the running game second. There were precious few 8 in the box formations for Henry to deal with,and very infrequent contact behind scrimage. This is almost a sure recipe for a good 2 or 3 yards on any carry, as the defense was typically spread out.

By contrast, Miami mustered a true passing threat in only two games I can recall last year: Dallas and the 4th Quarter of the San Diego game. Ricky saw 8 in the box the majority of the time and was met in the backfield far more often than not. A full 2/3 of his running plays should have been a loss, and yet he still did better then Henry :lol:

In short, Ricky is not only far superior to Henry, but is always the primary focus on defending the Fins...the very definition of a true threat :cooldude:

I don't see how you can't include Zack Thomas. He had 184 tackles, 113 SOLO, 71 assists, 1 sack, 7 hurries, 3 ints, 1 forced fumble, and 10 PASS DEFENDS. Despite missing games due to injury.

Back
Top Bottom