do the dolphins have a dominating player? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

do the dolphins have a dominating player?

Its Zach, no ? about it..He does not get enough credit..the guy loves to win :fire:

shalafi3455 said:
IMO Surtain and Ricky are the ones on the Dolphins! They wouldn't win as many games as they do without Ricky and a lot of teams don't throw to Surtain that's why he doesn't seem as dominating!
I want to agree with the above. Our best offensive player is Ricky Williams and Surtain had a fantastic year last year and has been excellent for a long time. Surtain went games without his guy catching passes last year. I remember reading there was a time where he had more picks than balls caught against him (early in the year) last year. Jason Taylor didn't play that great last year, but he has been dominating in the past. Nobody else in my opinion is dominating.

darkoak said:
Randy McMicheal, this year everyone will realise it too.

I hope you're right. I see a lot of potential in him to be great for us too. I sure am glad I got me a McMike Jersey for my Bday! ;)

volk said:
Once again, a Bills fan is mistaken :shakeno: Not only was Buffalo's OL much better at run blocking than Miami's was last year, they also had a QB with the *potential* to light up any secondary in the league. While Bledsoe would go on to fail miserably by season's end, Henry enjoyed at least 2/3 of the season as the second threat. Every defense keyed Bledsoe and the receivers *First*, and the running game second. There were precious few 8 in the box formations for Henry to deal with,and very infrequent contact behind scrimage. This is almost a sure recipe for a good 2 or 3 yards on any carry, as the defense was typically spread out.

By contrast, Miami mustered a true passing threat in only two games I can recall last year: Dallas and the 4th Quarter of the San Diego game. Ricky saw 8 in the box the majority of the time and was met in the backfield far more often than not. A full 2/3 of his running plays should have been a loss, and yet he still did better then Henry :lol:

In short, Ricky is not only far superior to Henry, but is always the primary focus on defending the Fins...the very definition of a true threat :cooldude:

Good post, you are 100% correct. :)

I would say Ricky is one of the most dominating RB's in the game and that is a great position to have dominate!

it depends on what you think of the word dominating...

only a few teams have a total playmaker that can totally change the fate of the game. not many teams have a guy like ray lewis or mike vick that can make a comeback late in teh fourth quarter or make a timely tackle to stop a drive

t2thejz said:
Its Zach, no ? about it..He does not get enough credit..the guy loves to win :fire:

Preaching to the choir. Zach Thomas is my second favorite Fins player of all time (behind Marino and just before Ricky). The guy embodies heart, intensity, work ethic, and the ability to overcome the odds and be successful. To truly comprehend Zach's greatness as an athlete requires knowledge of the fact that no one actually thought he was big enough to play in the NFL...That's the kind of guy I admire.

Let others whine about how "undynamic" they think he is, or how they feel he has "lost a step", but all I see is a guy who plays his heart out and consistently produces numbers that 3/4's of the rest of the linebackers in this league can only dream of. That kind of year after year consistancy helps make Zach one of the top 4 most important players in the Dolphin's organization.

I think it could be Chambers. He was open alot last year, but was always overthrown or underthrown. Get a more accurate QB and teams will have to respect him and RW. When that happens, our O will score big.

Justasportsfan, you are wrong. The bills o-line was easily better than the dolphin's last yr. As my fellow dolfan has pointed out, ricky gets 8 in the box all day, henry doesnt. The D's main focus against us is to stop ricky, unlike the bills. Defenses are geared towards stopping drew. Its a lot easier to run when you have a better line and you dont have to go up against 8 men in the box all day. Ricky did more with our line than any other rb in the nfl could have done given the lack of talent. Bills had Rueben Brown (former pro bowler, exp vet). We had a bunch of scrubs trying to make a block.

SpitonSurtain, you are entitled to your opinion however misguided it may be, As i recall ricky did run all over that D in the snow. Lucas threw the gm away, ricky was on pace to break the single gm rushing record. Anyway we did sweep you this past yr didnt we? Ricky will prove you wrong, he is a beast.

Back
Top Bottom