Do we make a move for Urlacher? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we make a move for Urlacher?

Unless we plan on moving Ellerbe to the bench on third down I would say no. Urlacher can still cover, but can't play the run. He is a nickle linebacker at this point.

Urlacher has been overrated his entire career he's always been terrible at stopping the run and now he's becoming old and slow so why pick him up? I wouldn't have wanted him on the team when he was in his "prime". Dick Butkus even called him out for playing soft his entire career a while back, lol.

Just got released by the Bears. Is our linebacking core complete or would Urlacher be a solid pickup?

Was that a serious question? C'mon .....

julienshakinghead-1.gif

1. Sign Urlacher
2. Move him to SS
3. ????
4. Profit.

From what I've read they are planning on using Misi at middle linebacker.
Ellerbe played the middle in Baltimore when Lewis was out and will play the middle in Miami now that Dansby is gone.
The Dolphins believe Ellerbe will be better both in pass coverage and as a blitzer than Karlos Dansby or Kevin Burnett. His agent, Nova graduate Hadley Engelhard, got Ellerbe one of the league’s best deals for an inside linebacker (five years, $35 million; $17 million guaranteed) and said Ellerbe will play middle linebacker here. The Dolphins inquired about Ellerbe during the weekend and beginning Monday night “got more and more aggressive. We knew it would be a great fit.” Baltimore was not given a chance to match Miami's offer.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...llace-press-conference-magics-suggestion.html

Back
Top Bottom