Do we make a move for Urlacher? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we make a move for Urlacher?

If you guys don't think Urlacher can still play you're out of your minds. Arguably the greatest linebacker to play the game is a free agent. Not saying he fits what we need here, but he's going to play well for some team next year.

Not sure what you mean. "Play"? OK. At what level? No disrespect meant to him or you but this is a few years too late to make sense.

He's done. I live in Chicago and have seen his entire career. His game was speed and he doesn't have it anymore.
He was great in the cover 2 D, could really turn his hips and get up field and stick to receivers. As a traditional MLB
he was average, often swallowed up by blockers. He can't stay healthy and should retire.

Signing Urlacher would continue to foster the defensive youth movement - that's if AARP was fielding a team. No thanx.

They just dumped two older guys for two younger more athletic guys at linebacker. No way they sign a guy who will be 35 when the season starts.

I have no problem with a 35 year old guy that has proven he can still play. That being said we dont have a need for an ILB after signing Ellerbee and bringing him in makes no sense at this point.
He would possibly bring something that neither or old or new linebackers seem to have and thats the ability to create turnovers but I agree there is no way.

Bettis running over Urlacher comes to my mind instead of should the dolphins sign him when his name is mentioned.

No need for him, he is old and we are trying to get younger. I am happy with who we have in Ellerbe and I am more excited in seeing him play rather than Urlacher.

If you guys don't think Urlacher can still play you're out of your minds. Arguably the greatest linebacker to play the game is a free agent. Not saying he fits what we need here, but he's going to play well for some team next year.

No, Ray Lewis retired.

Back
Top Bottom