Do you agree with re-signing Hartline? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

Are you pleased with a Hartline re-signing...

• Total voters
People making the argument that hartline only had 1TD and therefore isn't worth 6mil must not know much about the game of football. Last I Checked football is a TEAM sport so it takes the good play of others for one person to shine. There were at least 4-5 times where Hartline got behind the defense and for whatever reasons the ball didn't get thrown where it needed to be, either he was overthrown, under thrown or the ball was never thrown to him at all. In my book, when i'm evaluating him as a player, those count as TD, not his fault the ball didn't get to him, or that it was not thrown properly. I'm sure other GM's and Coaches see this, and his Agent is making this very clear in negotiations. He should have had at least 5-6 TD last year. so 74 Receptions 1084 yards and 6 TD's, is THAT worth 6Mil a year??? That should be the question.

Using that same logic, now subtract the times Hartline didn't get open for a TD like they drew up. The times we had to take a sack, throw yet another incomplete fade in the end zone, make a checkdown or worst of all: look in Legedu-friggin-Naanee's direction. Now how many TDs does he have in what-shouldve-been land?

lol.

Agent: Well, everyone's willing to pay our $ demands, so where do you want to play?
Wallace: It's tough man. Indy's got luck, wayne, hilton and new england's got brady, the te's, belichick and they always win. Tough to decide!
Agent: Don't forget miami. They just resigned brian hartline.
Wallace: They did? Why didn't you say so earlier! Exciting! Where do i sign?

roflllllllllllll

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

People's standards for a number 2 receiver need to be raised.

just to name a few:

Roddy White
Antonio Brown
Hakeem Nicks
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
prime Anquan Boldin
Eric Decker
Miles Austin

Go get an FA to be your temporary number 1, draft a potential number 1 in Patterson, 3-4 years down the road Patterson becomes the 1 and the FA the 2. If you get Hartline, you will have to choose between drafting a 1 and signing a 1, both wont happen

THIS my friend is the post of the day...congrats

I know there are reports out there that Jennings wants $12M. I don't think he's going to get that. Let's say he ends up in the $8-9M range, as many are predicting. Why would you not replace Hartline with Jennings? Why? Because Hartline is younger? Is Jennings not $2M better than Hartline? I just don't understand why you wouldn't do that. Probably one bird in the hand and all that, but seriously, I'm going to be super pissed if Jennings ends up signing somewhere for $8-9M, and we gave Hartline $6.5M.

He deserves a $5-$7 million a year offer...he just needs to work on getting more TD's.

He and our young QB seem to have "clicked". Yes, keep him, and add a speed WR to take the top of the defense.

What I meant by "highlight machine" is that he makes an unusually high number of pretty sideline catches. He's very good at keeping his feet inbounds.

I agree with that premise, problem with most people is that they see only one thing and thats the stats. They seriously have no clue what they're talking about.

He can get about $5mil a year elsewhere with the way the WR market is going. The problem is he is worth more to us because he knows the system, has performed well in it and stands to be in an even better position with a guy like Wallace beside him. That's what I don't think a lot of people are getting.

The whole notion that we can somehow find someone that will exceed his value to us for $3mil from free agency or in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft is just the type of thinking that people have criticized the Dolphins for in recent past. It doesn't really work out like that.

$4.5m cap hit is fine with me. Do i think Hartline is a spectacular receiver? No. Do i think he's a game changer? No. But he has fantastic chemistry with Tannehill. I think that keeping him is gonna really help Tannehill as he continues to develop.

LOL

That "fantastic chemistry" resulted in 1 TD OVER 16 GAMES

NO FAN IN THE NFL WOULD CALL THAT FANTASTIC PASSING GAME CHEMISTRY EXCEPT A DOLPHIN FAN. TOTALLY PATHETIC.

Not a fan of resigning a mediocre receiver. I thought we wanted to make this team better.

* $3-4 mill would have been good value for Hartline, I believe we had an opportunity to make that happen last offseason but Ireland dropped the ball on that one

* $4.5-5.5 mill is fair value, its not a deal thats going to help or hurt tremendously, we're treading water making deals like this which is not great for a 7-9 team

* $6-7 mill is poor value and I like Hartline but it would be a mistake. Having said that, if I'm forced to throw away a million or two I would rather throw it away on Hartline than Legadu Nannee or Richard Marshall. So while it probably is a mistake, Ireland could certainly do worse...

What I meant by "highlight machine" is that he makes an unusually high number of pretty sideline catches. He's very good at keeping his feet inbounds.

He is one of the better toe-tappers in the league and is able to haul in a lot of passes at the sideline that many WRs would drop. Unfortunately, he couples that strength with significant weaknesses, like the inability to keep his balance.

Back
Top Bottom