Do you agree with re-signing Hartline? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

Are you pleased with a Hartline re-signing...

• Total voters
Way too much for an average player. Par for the course.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

All this fuss about "anything over 5/6 is too expensive" :rolleyes2:

Hartline is being 1 million a season over payed to keep him off free agency? So bloody what :idk:

If we sign Jennings, Cook/Keller, Cox and keep Hartline and Starks that is a bloody amazing offseason.

Look Bowe is gone, Welker will sign this week Armendola is an injury nightmare. If Hartline hits free agency you can be sure he will be in demand and will no doubt be offered at least 6 m. he is clearly in the teams long term plans, if we pay him half a million over his market value to keep him, so what? What off season was ever ruined by a million dollars of cap space? Signing this deal now means we have one less thing to worry about next week and can concentrate on Jennings/Wallace.

All this fuss about "anything over 5/6 is too expensive" :rolleyes2:

Hartline is being 1 million a season over payed to keep him off free agency? So bloody what :idk:

If we sign Jennings, Cook/Keller, Cox and keep Hartline and Starks that is a bloody amazing offseason.

Look Bowe is gone, Welker will sign this week Armendola is an injury nightmare. If Hartline hits free agency you can be sure he will be in demand and will no doubt be offered at least 6 m. he is clearly in the teams long term plans, if we pay him half a million over his market value to keep him, so what? What off season was ever ruined by a million dollars of cap space? Signing this deal now means we have one less thing to worry about next week and can concentrate on Jennings/Wallace.
Sorry bro but because you think he will be offered 6 mil doesn't establish value and without seeing his final numbers negates any debate about paying him .5 - 1 mil over his value.

With the amount of holes and need for playmakers this team needs, a million dollars can be the difference between signing Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings.

Sorry bro but because you think he will be offered 6 mil doesn't establish value and without seeing his final numbers negates any debate about paying him .5 - 1 mil over his value.

With the amount of holes and need for playmakers this team needs, a million dollars can be the difference between signing Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings.

Nah, we can easily afford either if we want them. A million is nothing in the grand scheme of things, even if we are really stuck and need a million to sign someone, we have plenty of ways to get it, like cutting Patterson.

Clearly signing Hartline was always in the plan, if we are targeting say Cook and Wallace, locking down Hartline wont change that. It does rule out Wallace AND Jennings, but well that was never, ever happening.

$4.5m cap hit is fine with me. Do i think Hartline is a spectacular receiver? No. Do i think he's a game changer? No. But he has fantastic chemistry with Tannehill. I think that keeping him is gonna really help Tannehill as he continues to develop.

Do Folks realize that Dwyane Bowe is going to make $11 Mill/year and last year had rec:59 Yards:801 and 3 TDs?
Should folks in K.C. be more pissed than the folks here?

Do Folks realize that Dwyane Bowe is going to make $11 Mill/year and last year had rec:59 Yards:801 and 3 TDs?

they could if they want to. Don't see how the reaction by another teams fan base is relevant or should preclude us from having a legitimate discussion in terms of what we sign our players for and the soundness behind it.

they could if they want to. Don't see how the reaction by another teams fan base is relevant or should preclude us from having a legitimate discussion in terms of what we sign our players for and the soundness behind it.

So the comparison of Production and Reward is completely lost on you?

So the comparison of Production and Reward is completely lost on you?

no. I think your own point is lost on you. How kc's fan base reacts to a contract signed by their own player is completely irrelevant to whether or not we were wise to give hartline the rumored 6 million a year contract. You make a habit of creating strawmen

that number is not based on only one season. Bowe had two back to back 1000 yard receiving years and has 39 tds since 2007. not saying I want to pay anybody 11 mill a year but like i said its not based on just last season

no. I think your own point is lost on you. How kc's fan base reacts to a contract signed by their own player is completely irrelevant to whether or not we were wise to give hartline the rumored 6 million a year contract. You make a habit of creating strawmen

Spin-Spin away! The point was obvious.....

You know he was out for over 3 games last year right? He easily would've been 3 time 1000 yard WR with Cassel at the helm. That is impressive.

I also love how you highlight TDs...you know Hartline is not a TD machine of course.

You know he was out for over 3 games last year right? He easily would've been 3 time 1000 yard WR with Cassel at the helm. That is impressive.

I also love how you highlight TDs...you know Hartline is not a TD machine of course.

I'm just trying to help put things in proper perspective. I used Bowe specifically because he's the first "BIG" receiver name to get resigned. I think it helps in establishing proper perspective by comparing this "#1" vs. Hartline for a few reasons:

1) Folks seem to think this is the time of the year when players are signed for what they're "worth." Apparently, in our case at a huge position of need!
2) Our F.O. is ran by completely idiots and other F.O.s aren't! Check out what they're saying about the F.O in KC based on the Bowe signing
3) Value can also be Intrinsic...MOST folks don't get this!

Back
Top Bottom