Do you agree with re-signing Hartline? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

Are you pleased with a Hartline re-signing...

• Total voters
So...We can't strengthen other positions now because we just paid Hartline? You do realize we have more money left right? and if need be we can free up some more?

You're still not playing my game because you're still only talking about the WR position and ignoring the other positions we could strengthen. You're just talking about Hartline for 6 mil+ versus unknown rookie WR for dirt cheap but might bust, but ignoring the position(s) I'd strengthen with the 6 million you put into your 1 TD per year WR.

I'm saying 2 high draft pick WRs like Patterson/Allen and Bailey plus using that 6 million to upgrade at DB, OT or TE is better than spending 6 million #2 guy, not strengthening one of those other weaknesses, having less money in 2014-2016 and likely choosing 1 less WR than we would have otherwise, thus reducing our chances of finding a good one.

Who are the top 2 WR targets in free agency that are about to land 10+ million per year contracts after producing gobs of TDs and super bowl victories for their teams? The 52nd pick in the 2006 draft and the 84th pick in the 2009 draft. Guys teams that already had a "solid #2" probably passed on.

Bess is making about 2.5 mil..................so how much over that does Hartline deserve ??

Likewise Andre Johnson just got an escalator bumping his comp to $9.5mil in 2013. Does anyone really think Wallace or Jennings are worth a cent more than AJ let alone $3-5mil more? Gimme a guy who can push the ball down the field plus a like-compen$ated opposite end instead of paying either of those other 2 guys more than twice that alone!
Bess is making about 2.5 mil..................so how much over that does Hartline deserve ??

That line of thinking to me would be a mistake, Brandon Marshall didnt make him look any better and he is as good as either player.

Agreed. But, the other side of that would be, Marshall wasn't a system WR. He is/was a WR that needs to be fed the ball. Because of the system we are told Philbin runs, Hartline hypothetically could do better with a true #1 WR in this system. For me, if the $ isn't right, we prob could have found a better option than Hartline.

I said yes in the $4-5 million range. I would prefer him more towards $4 million, but I understand that the market is going to inflate players numbers bigger than they should be. Mike Wallace is not worth $11-12 million a year, but the market is going to get him that. If the Dolphins want to keep Hartline they are probably going to have to pay in the $6 million range. Not good for the Dolphins to have to pay that, but I understand overpaying to keep him.

I want Wallace and Jennings, so this falls below expectations somewhat, but I'll wait and see the totality of the FA and draft. It's alright. HArtline is alright. It's not like they resigned Earnest Wilford for $6 mil.

4-7 million a year? Sign me off the street for 0.5M. I will get one TD next year and have a sea of fans supporting me getting an 8 fold pay raise.

Could there be any greater demonstration of what is wrong with this team? We have a starting WR play pretty much all year, gets 1 TD, and we're hooting and hollaring about how he is good and we need him back as a starter. Meanwhile other teams, other successful teams #2 WR should score 6-8 TDs. This is so totally beyond delusional, someone associated with the Dolphins needs to learn how to set up a passing game. It is not by pairing a QB that throws 0.75 TD per game with receivers that catch 1 TD per year and then celebrating.

I will take him at 4-5 million. Great toe tappin. Clutch catches. Now we just need to get him the ball in the end zone.

4-7 million a year? Sign me off the street for 0.5M. I will get one TD next year and have a sea of fans supporting me getting an 8 fold pay raise.

Could there be any greater demonstration of what is wrong with this team? We have a starting WR play pretty much all year, gets 1 TD, and we're hooting and hollaring about how he is good and we need him back as a starter. Meanwhile other teams, other successful teams #2 WR should score 6-8 TDs. This is so totally beyond delusional, someone associated with the Dolphins needs to learn how to set up a passing game. It is not by pairing a QB that throws 0.75 TD per game with receivers that catch 1 TD per year and then celebrating.
...with successful QBs, or maybe like 12-13 teams.

I want him for 3 years 13.5 Million or 4 years 17 Million. That is plenty of money for a #2 WR.

Back
Top Bottom