Do you agree with re-signing Hartline? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you agree with re-signing Hartline?

Are you pleased with a Hartline re-signing...

• Total voters
...with successful QBs, or maybe like 12-13 teams.

Which was covered in the "successful teams" part

If youre not that interested in being successful, by all means, order up another year of Tannehill/Hartline. Maybe they can explode for 3 TDs this year! Meanwhile Tom Brady throws 3 TDs to Welker in a single game.

If it's what the market dictates then it is what it is. Next.

I think 6 is ok. I believe its not worth a 11 to 14 mil risk to pick up Wallace or Jennings... We can draft a wr n a te in the draft

Yeah, why would we want the fastest player on the field who gets open all the time and scores touchdowns? Let's re-sign the guy who makes no plays at a playmaking position, draft a couple fat people, a RB, and call it a life.

I want him for 3 years 13.5 Million or 4 years 17 Million. That is plenty of money for a #2 WR.

The question I keep asking myself, is that what a AVG #2 WR is worth in today's NFL?

I guess when the FA period is over this year we'll a better answer.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Yeah, why would we want the fastest player on the field who gets open all the time and scores touchdowns? Let's re-sign the guy who makes no plays at a playmaking position, draft a couple fat people, a RB, and call it a life.

So you think the signing of Hartline will stop us from going after Wallace or Jennings?

The question I keep asking myself, is that what a AVG #2 WR is worth in today's NFL?

I guess when the FA period is over this year we'll a better answer.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

So you think the signing of Hartline will stop us from going after Wallace or Jennings?

No, just remarking that wanting to sign Hartline and pass on Wallace is ABSOLUTELY RETARDED

he is NOT worth any more than 3 mil per season tops...what a waste of money if hes worth 6 million what the hell is wallace worth 10 million? You can get any amendola type receiver to replace hartline in a flash...IRELAND HAS TO GO ARE YOU READING THIS JEFF???????????????

he is NOT worth any more than 3 mil per season tops...what a waste of money if hes worth 6 million what the hell is wallace worth 10 million? You can get any amendola type receiver to replace hartline in a flash...IRELAND HAS TO GO ARE YOU READING THIS JEFF???????????????
Probably not, you're clearly as impulsive and uninformed as most of the fans on here.

Wouldn't give him more than $4-5 million per season. He's nothing even close to elite. I don't even consider him much of a quality #2; I think he only survives as a #2 WR if your #1 is a premier superstar WR. He's more of a #3 to me. Dude has serious issues finding the endzone. His stats are inflated, IMO, I mean, someone's got to get the ball when there isn't much talent out wide.

Wouldn't start on half the teams in the league.

Really surprised to see people clicking the $5-$7 million range. :ponder:

i sure didnt , i picked 4-5 mil range , But if we could have gotten Jennings for around 8 mil , which i think will be his numbers after teams look at him and say that there not going to give that much for a injured prone player ,and Jennings stock will drop, then we will look like the dummies when and if that happens , yeah for 3 mil more Jennings would have been my selection .

Although I voted that I don't want Hartline back "at all" (because I feel he is easily replaced and isn't strong), I still understand the logic of bringing him back as a security blanket to play off of a deepthreat. But it's obvious he's coming back so it is what it is. Now it does seem to be hinting to a Davone Bess departure sooner rather than later...especially if we find Tavon Austin staring us in the face at pick 42 and he's still on the board.

At 6M per....we can chalk this up as Mistake #1 for this year by Ireland..

you know what the sad part is ? half the people would agree with you,, really.

At 6M per....we can chalk this up as Mistake #1 for this year by Ireland..
Please illustrate us about potential actions to save such mistake....

... signing Hartline for $4 Millions/season?
I think it's the market that states $6 Millions/season is a fair price for a 1000+ yards receiver

... signing both Wallace & Jennings each asking for $12+/year?
That's too much money for WR spots, eating all cap needed to add quality veterans for CB, RB & TE.

... waiting until draft to pick a couple of starting WR?
I could see guys like Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen starting with fine results on 2013, but other names like Ryan Swope or Justin Hunter will require a slower maturation process.

In my mind signing Brian Hartline for 6 Millions/season is well used money. But that should not avoid Dolphins from adding Mike Wallace on free agency and Ryan Swope during draft.

Please illustrate us about potential actions to save such mistake....

... signing Hartline for $4 Millions/season?
I think it's the market that states $6 Millions/season is a fair price for a 1000+ yards receiver

... signing both Wallace & Jennings each asking for $12+/year?
That's too much money for WR spots, eating all cap needed to add quality veterans for CB, RB & TE.

... waiting until draft to pick a couple of starting WR?
I could see guys like Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen starting with fine results on 2013, but other names like Ryan Swope or Justin Hunter will require a slower maturation process.

In my mind signing Brian Hartline for 6 Millions/season is well used money. But that should not avoid Dolphins from adding Mike Wallace on free agency and Ryan Swope during draft.
Is 6 mil per a fair price for a guy who has scored 3 TDs in 3 years?

Back
Top Bottom