Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings

I can see both reason to think 11 is generous and to think that we got robbed. I could see a good argument that at this point, you have to put all playoff teams from last year ahead of all non-playoff teams. If so, we're #13. I also could understand outrage based upon where the Falcons are versus where we are. They have a rookie head coach named Mora, for Pete's sake!

don't care honestly (nothing against your post, just their rankings).....almost every year you'll see the top few teams go down in rankings and others move up. May make some feel warm and fuzzy but I'll start worrying at about week 3-4...

It's ridiculous actually to have Atlanta 7th. Ok so Vick is healthy so that automatically makes them a playoff team? Who says he wont get hurt again? They have the Rams ranked lower then Atlanta and St Louis was 7 games better then Atlanta. I dont care much for rankings anyway. The year NE one their first superbowl in the past 3 years I bet NE wasnt ranked high at all. Who cares?

There are a few I dont buy.
Philly at #2- They lost both corners. H douglas the year before and LBs. The TO signing will help but you can still double team him. The improved offense does not counter the loss on D IMHO.
Broncos at #4- Without Portis??? OK the Rat has had good luck with almost any back but for how long. His O-line, WRs & TE are a bit long in the tooth and I still dont buy Jake.
Chiefs at #5- At least this one is based on last years record. However they still have no D and that is how one wins championships. They won many games last by a nose and unless your name is Billi-jerk that just doesn't keep hapening.
FALCONS AT #7?????? HUH????? Ok Vick is incredible, but he has done nothing to show he can make this team a top ten group. I dont know who they drafted, but I cant see this at all. Thats truly BS.

LOVE BARFALO at 23 :roflmao:
The "this is our year" rumblings have already started. They are "bowl bound" :goof: Just like they said last year :roflmao: :roflmao:

The Broncos are rated too high. Always the media darling. I think I hate that team.

I don't understand how the Ravens can be ranked ahead of the Fins. I think the Titans are in trouble this year. In the AFC I put them is this order:

Pats
Colts
Chiefs
Fins
Broncos
Ravens

I like the Bills ranking though. :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The Broncos are rated too high. Always the media darling. I think I hate that team.

I don't understand how the Ravens can be ranked ahead of the Fins. I think the Titans are in trouble this year. In the AFC I put them is this order:

Pats
Colts
Chiefs
Fins
Broncos
Ravens

I like the Bills ranking though. :lol:

Chiefs were one or two "should have been called" clipping penalties away from loosing 3-4 extra games last year. They have no defense and they wont return kicks like that again this year.

dreadlockera said:
The "this is our year" rumblings have already started. They are "bowl bound" :goof: Just like they said last year :roflmao: :roflmao:
I actually hoped they ranked us at 32.

LIQUID24 said:
Power Rankings

I think that's pretty fair, what do you guys think?

absolutely fair if not generous.
There are MANY question marks on this team that anyone outside of Finheaven would see as major obstacles to overcome.

QB position
OL
WR....
the whole damn offense besides Ricky Williams basically is a question mark.
We all can see the potential but potential isn't squat unless it develops into documented results. This team has proven nothing so I think number 11 is a little generous.

Justasportsfan said:
I actually hoped they ranked us at 32.
At least they put you guys ahead of the Jets. :lol:

Seriously, while the Pats are and should be the favorites, I think the entire division will be very competitive.

dreadlockera said:
There are a few I dont buy.
Philly at #2- They lost both corners. H douglas the year before and LBs. The TO signing will help but you can still double team him. The improved offense does not counter the loss on D IMHO.
Broncos at #4- Without Portis??? OK the Rat has had good luck with almost any back but for how long. His O-line, WRs & TE are a bit long in the tooth and I still dont buy Jake.
Chiefs at #5- At least this one is based on last years record. However they still have no D and that is how one wins championships. They won many games last by a nose and unless your name is Billi-jerk that just doesn't keep hapening.
FALCONS AT #7?????? HUH????? Ok Vick is incredible, but he has done nothing to show he can make this team a top ten group. I dont know who they drafted, but I cant see this at all. Thats truly BS.

Dolphin fans say the same thing every year, and get the same results: No playoffs :goof:

Back
Top Bottom