Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings

cportis26 said:
Without even addressing the rest of the post, you need to realize that this will never happen. He will not be fired.

The bottom line is winning. If the Broncos can't win, MS will be gone one way or another IMO. There is a distinct possibility it can, and will happen....

Saying that will "never happen" is just wishful thinking IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

You might want to call Pat Bowlen and tell him that since he's the one who writes the checks.

cportis26 said:
You might want to call Pat Bowlen and tell him that since he's the one who writes the checks.

Why bother??? MS has already started digging his own grave. After the Broncos finish third in the AFC West this year, he'll be buried....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

YEPPERS...

the only problem is that MS has acheived GOD status in DEN. So his grave is a might bit deeper than most. VERY RARELY is a coach, who WON you a SB or sport equivalent championship, fired. The team usually has to wait until he decides to retire.

That can be a LONG and PAINFUL wait... wouldn't you say cportis26?

NathanHunt said:
YEPPERS...

the only problem is that MS has acheived GOD status in DEN. So his grave is a might bit deeper than most. VERY RARELY is a coach, who WON you a SB or sport equivalent championship, fired. The team usually has to wait until he decides to retire.

Don Shula

Anything is possible....

CirclingWagons said:
yes, you have made the playoffs more over the last 10 years...now refresh me on the scores of those games

I only responded to your implication that the Fins always miss the playoffs. Too late, you already look stupid....

NathanHunt said:
That can be a LONG and PAINFUL wait... wouldn't you say cportis26?

I like Shanahan. I have issues with some of draft decisions and FA moves, but on field he's the best coach in the league. His peers think the same too. I don't know if Sportsline did a poll of the league's coaches last offseason to see who they thought was the best, but I do know the previous two offseasons they did and Shanahan won by a good margain.

CirclingWagons said:
Dolphin fans say the same thing every year, and get the same results: No playoffs :goof:

Actually we made the playoffs for five straight years before missing out the past two, so we don't always miss the playoffs, just sometimes. :)

CirclingWagons said:
Until your team does something in my lifetime, I will always talk **** about them, regardless of how my team does...so quit crying about it and deal with it :cool:

CW,

Until your team can beat either of the two football teams in Miami you should refrain from comment. :D

What Portis does in Washington really has no meaning IMO. What the Broncos do without him does...

BS.

Portis is the best back in the league yet it doesn't matter what he does?

And Hearst may be an old man but when was the last time he averaged under 4 YPC?

Portis is good, very good in fact but not even CLOSE to Tomlinson.

These rankings, especially from Espn, mean this much:

(notice the emptiness)

But!

Based on a combination of Last year's performance and the offseason's pickups, I could legitimately place us anywhere from 9 to 11, so their ranking is debatably fair. But IMHO, I also think we have the potential to be a Top 4. Don't get me wrong, every team has potential in this parity-filled NFL, but I considered that when making my statement. Top 4 means minimum AFC Championship boys...

Well since this is freaking May I guess there is just nothing else to talk about, but I guess I will chime in as well. LT is by far the best back in the NFL IMO. Portis is awesome but does not have both power and speed. He has just the speed and moves, he can not run over you and that is why I can't understand Gibbs giving up Champ for him. The skins pound it up the middle about 35 time a game, that is what Gibbs loves to do and that just is not Portis's style. I think that was just a horrible trade for both sides. I feel Portis should have stayed in Denver at all cost. He will get about 1100 yards this year if he is lucky and miss at least 5 due to injury.
LT on the other hand can catch, run outside, AND pound it up the middle. He can run around you or run through you or get matched up with a LB and go PA streak down the sideline and catch the bomb. He is the total package. Add to that that he doesn't fumble like Ricky and yeah, he is without a doubt the best back.

Back
Top Bottom