Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings

Excuse me?? How can last place cellar dwelling Buffalo Bills fans come here and talk smack about season finishes??

At least we are in contention for playoff spots. The only thing you guys are contending for each year is a higher spot in the draft!!

As far as our rnaking goes, I agree with Trekbiz I think ours is a little generous. I would place us somewhere between 11 and 18 with apotnetial to go three spots either direction. So much depends on the QB and the line. Even if the talent is there getting all the new players to gel with the new offense in the first season is going ot be tough.

BLITZKRIEG said:
This RB C. Portis stuff is getting boring.

Bottom Line : C. Portis is the best RB in the NFL. Period.

If you don't think the Broncos will miss him, therapy is in order...

PHINZ RULE!!!

That might be a little much. You could argue he is the best, he is no doubt in the top 5. But as the best. Period. I don't know about that.......Preist Holmes, Tomlinson. There are 2 guys that are pretty good in their own right. I don't think it is as cut and dry as you make it out to be.
There is something to be said about the system in Denver. I will reserve my judgement untill I see what he does in Washington.

CirclingWagons said:
Dolphin fans say the same thing every year, and get the same results: No playoffs :goof:

Go back to your own board troll. 7 playoff appearances in the last 10 years. The Bills - 4. Pats - 6. Jets - 3.

If you are going to talk smack, at least try to not look stupid.

If you had said 'same results: no superbowl' that would have at least made sense.

Broncos are way too high. I know Shanahan can get 1,000 yards out of seemingly any running back, but you don't lose Clint Portis and vault all the way up to #4. The Broncos were the #6 seed last year and were absolutely destroyed by the Colts in the first round. Oh, by the way, say "Clint Portis" ten times really fast. Seriously, do it. Falcons are also too high. They may be able to get back to the play-offs with Vick, but to put them at #7 when they were a joke last year is quite a stretch. I would almost say the Ravens are too high, but you have to give the best (or in this case, fourth-worst) team in a division their props. Dolphins look about right to me, I might actually put them a little lower, but they've got a lot to prove this year.

P. Holmes is the product of a very balanced offense. Not to mention he's had one of the biggest, and best OL's in front of him.

As for L. Thomlinson, he's a close second to Portis IMO....

What Portis does in Washington really has no meaning IMO. What the Broncos do without him does...

PHINZ RULE!!!

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Go back to your own board troll. 7 playoff appearances in the last 10 years. The Bills - 4. Pats - 6. Jets - 3.

If you are going to talk smack, at least try to not look stupid.

If you had said 'same results: no superbowl' that would have at least made sense.
yes, you have made the playoffs more over the last 10 years...now refresh me on the scores of those games :roflmao:

DolphinzD said:
Broncos are way too high. I know Shanahan can get 1,000 yards out of seemingly any running back, but you don't lose Clint Portis and vault all the way up to #4. The Broncos were the #6 seed last year and were absolutely destroyed by the Colts in the first round.

Probably because Ferguson was out that game and he was Denver's only safety with any sort of coverage skills and Herndon had a broken hand forcing Denver to play zone virtually the entire time. Anyone who bases their opinion of Denver off of that playoff game should at least know about the circumstances that forced Denver to play the way they did. Denver was absolutely beat to hell last year, Belichek and Parcells besides Shanahan are just about the only other coaches who would have gotten them in the playoffs after who they lost. The Ferguson and Herndon injuries were the injuries that finally broke the camel's back

fin-atic said:
Excuse me?? How can last place cellar dwelling Buffalo Bills fans come here and talk smack about season finishes??

At least we are in contention for playoff spots. The only thing you guys are contending for each year is a higher spot in the draft!!

As far as our rnaking goes, I agree with Trekbiz I think ours is a little generous. I would place us somewhere between 11 and 18 with apotnetial to go three spots either direction. So much depends on the QB and the line. Even if the talent is there getting all the new players to gel with the new offense in the first season is going ot be tough.
Until your team does something in my lifetime, I will always talk **** about them, regardless of how my team does...so quit crying about it and deal with it :cool:

cportis26 said:
Probably because Ferguson was out that game and he was Denver's only safety with any sort of coverage skills and Herndon had a broken hand forcing Denver to play zone virtually the entire time. Anyone who bases their opinion of Denver off of that playoff game should at least know about the circumstances that forced Denver to play the way they did. Denver was absolutely beat to hell last year, Belichek and Parcells besides Shanahan are just about the only other coaches who would have gotten them in the playoffs after who they lost. The Ferguson and Herndon injuries were the injuries that finally broke the camel's back

Point taken, but as you may note, in fact you quoted, I mentioned they were the 6th seed, and that is obviously taking into account the regular season as well. I'm not basing it all on that one game. I just think it's a stretch to say they are the fourth-best team in football, which implies they have improved substantially since they were what, between #'s 10-12 last year, based on their play-off seeding (I think the NFC Wild Card teams were both 10-6, to go with Denver's 10-6). But hey, it's all speculation at this point.

IMHO, HC M. Shanahan will be lucky to be coaching the Broncos in 2005. He'll get fired after the Broncos miss the playoffs this year. They're fans are sick of him in Denver as well....

After this off-season has come full circle, he's only hurt his cause IMO. Who did the Broncos add again???...

RB G. Hearst???....Dinosaur
S J. Lynch???...Extinct Dinosaur

I can't think of anybody worth mentioning other than DB C. Bailey, and they gave up one of the best RB in the NFL to land him.

They added zero WR's this off-season. BIG MISTAKE. WR A. Lelie is the only current threat on their roster IMO. WR E. McCaffery finally retired, and WR R. Smith isn't very far behind him. Who is going to stretch the defense to open up the running game???...

The Broncos are being highly overrated IMO. And now without Portis, they've got no chance at winning the AFC West IMO. The KC Chiefs will destroy the Broncos this year. They may even have a tough time getting past the Raiders....

I can't imagine Hearst and Griffin doing much damage against DT's T. Washington / J. Parella / and W. Sapp. They'll be lucky to get 25 yards facing those guys IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Denver couldn't stay healthy the entire season. Portis missed 2 full games and parts of a few others. Salaam missed 4 games, Gold and Mobley, Daryl Gardener probably doesn't wig out if he doesn't hurt, McCaffrey couldn't stay healthy. Denver didn't lose margainal starters, they lost some of their better players for decent amounts of time. Jake was 9-2 as a starter last year, he stays healthy and Denver most likely would have beaten the Pats and the Vikings, that puts them at 12 wins and then Denver actually shows up for the Green Bay game since they would have had the tiebreaker over KC for the division if both had 13 wins. Denver's offense was horrific with Beuerlein and Kanell in, I think they averaged about 250 yds of total offense in the games Jake didn't start. The 11 that Jake did start and Denver put up around 400 yds and 30 points a game. I'd almost guarantee that even if all those injuries but Plummer's occurred, they're much better then 10-6 and the 6th seed in the AFC.

I think someone sold their soul for those two Denver SB wins because they just haven't been able to stay healthy since then. The majority of the injuries aren't preventable either is the ****ty part.

BLITZKRIEG said:
IMHO, HC M. Shanahan will be lucky to be coaching the Broncos in 2005. He'll get fired after the Broncos miss the playoffs this year. They're fans are sick of him in Denver as well....

Without even addressing the rest of the post, you need to realize that this will never happen. Pat Bowlen loves Shanahan. It's not the typical owner crap that they most say. As long as Bowlen owns the team, the only way Shanahan is not the coach if he MS resigns. He will not be fired.

I got one point to make about arguably the most under rated stat of last year....

100 RECEPTIONS FOR A RUNNING BACK!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I do not care where some moron ranks Miami. They have to earn being number one just like any team.Dolfanreal69

Back
Top Bottom