Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins #11 in ESPN Power Rankings

CirclingWagons said:
lmao liquid, that quote is almost as funny and overused as, "But she's different, guys" :lol:

Is that related to the "she's got a good personality" line? :lol:

How are the Broncos rated too high?

Portis has never been truely special, they got a NICE pickup in Garison Hearst, and another in Tatum Bell (awesoem drafting). Those two will do nearly as well as Portis. Then you add on top that they just got Champ Bailey, where they used to have NOTHING, and that team is suddenly scary.

Yes, it pains me to say that - The Broncos are my most hated team.

CirclingWagons said:
2nd cousin to that line :lol:

usually follows the phrase, "isn't she ugly?"

No, usually you hear that one when someone is trying to hook you up with their Niece/cousin/best-friend's daughter ... and Immediately you KNOW it means she's ugly. :)

CirclingWagons said:
lmao liquid, that quote is almost as funny and overused as, "But she's different, guys" :lol:

my favorite is, "But he's nice to me."

Which is usually followed by

"I can't believe what that jerk did to me"

Mebervine...you have got to be kidding...two 1500 yards seasons is not " special " to you....You are mistaken...Portis is a special back...one that can go the distance at any time and any defense that doesn't defend him that way will pay for it. But, in general it seems the media wants the Broncos to be better than they turn out to be...Of course, 2 years ago Oakland and KC were real good and last year KC was real good (at least in the reg season), so they kinda got overlooked. Kinda like the Fins are overshadowed by the Pats, and right now, rightfully so....

Portis isn't particularly special.

He's good, don't get me wrong: top 10 back. But he's not awesome.

Until a back fails in that offense, it's the system that does it.

Basically the Broncos did far better than people give them credit for.

Im always interested to c wut espn sez about us... i guess its ok because there were 8 teams ahead of us that made the playoffs... and those teams dont look like they are gonna do any worse... so i think its fair we gotta prove em wrong though!

Kind of silly to have a power ranking in frikkin May if you ask me. :shakeno:
I could care less if ESPN ranked us 1st or 31st right now. It mean squat.
But I guess it does gives us something to talk about 'till Sept.

Mebeverine said:
Portis isn't particularly special.

He's good, don't get me wrong: top 10 back. But he's not awesome.

Until a back fails in that offense, it's the system that does it.

Basically the Broncos did far better than people give them credit for.
this guy is top 10?nothing special? :lol: and what is your opinion of Ricky?

T. Davis is special
O. Gary is special
M. Anderson is special
C. Portis is special
Q. Griffin is special
T. Bell will be special

After all those specials, what ya got?
An injured has been
Someone who fell off the map
A converted fullback
A Big Contract given by the Publisher's Clearing House
A dude somewhere on the depth chart
The New Dude somewhere on the depth chart

After a while, you realize the SYSTEM is special. Especially after you've perfected the cut block to an art form.

Portis is good.. but GREAT? He's young, got the tools, has great stats and has got the $$$. But, he's going to a new system. Between the tackles is little different game. Granted he did his fair share of "up the middle" work in DEN, but let's see what happens when he faces DAL D 2 times, PHI D 2 times and NYG D 2 times. You have to admit, playing against OAK, KC and SD 6 games a year REALLY helps your run stats.

In 2003 alone, he had 806 yards on 126 carries.... that's 6.4 yd/carry. He got 51% of his total rush yards (1591) in SIX games. Against BAD run defenses.

Let him bang around in the NFC East for a while... then let's see.

This RB C. Portis stuff is getting boring.

Bottom Line : C. Portis is the best RB in the NFL. Period.

If you don't think the Broncos will miss him, therapy is in order...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
This RB C. Portis stuff is getting boring.

Bottom Line : C. Portis is the best RB in the NFL. Period.

If you don't think the Broncos will miss him, therapy is in order...

PHINZ RULE!!!
I love Portis, but he can't carry Tomlinson's jock right now.

NathanHunt said:
T. Davis is special
O. Gary is special
M. Anderson is special
C. Portis is special
Q. Griffin is special
T. Bell will be special

After all those specials, what ya got?
An injured has been
Someone who fell off the map
A converted fullback
A Big Contract given by the Publisher's Clearing House
A dude somewhere on the depth chart
The New Dude somewhere on the depth chart

After a while, you realize the SYSTEM is special. Especially after you've perfected the cut block to an art form.

Portis is good.. but GREAT? He's young, got the tools, has great stats and has got the $$$. But, he's going to a new system. Between the tackles is little different game. Granted he did his fair share of "up the middle" work in DEN, but let's see what happens when he faces DAL D 2 times, PHI D 2 times and NYG D 2 times. You have to admit, playing against OAK, KC and SD 6 games a year REALLY helps your run stats.

In 2003 alone, he had 806 yards on 126 carries.... that's 6.4 yd/carry. He got 51% of his total rush yards (1591) in SIX games. Against BAD run defenses.

Let him bang around in the NFC East for a while... then let's see.
he's had more yards than RW w/ 98 carries less last year. No one's saying he's great. Only time will tell but to say he's nothing special is downplaying his achievements.

Back
Top Bottom