Dolphins expected to not use the franchise tag on Christian Wilkins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expected to not use the franchise tag on Christian Wilkins

but you are happy giving tua the 5 and 250mm? consensus around the nfl is wilkins is a better DT than tua is a QB. wilkins is also substantially cheaper than tua. but this is what happens when you line up to pay your QB all that money. tua better be the guy, because we will be shedding lots of good players to keep tua around......
Around the NFL?

😂

1. You are leaving out the actual reason New England won all the time. And why Belichick is well under .500 in his career without him.

2. They were literally punished twice for cheating.

No, not really... New England had an excellent QB, but around that QB, they always had lots of spare draft picks to fill holes... and fill them cheaply so they could afford that QB...

...and that's where we may be headed after we sign Tua. Signing Tua to a big contract insures that we'll lose players... which, in turn should give us comp picks over time.

Sadly, the immediate gratification squad that lurks here at Finheaven won't understand this... and will cry.

A lot.

Around the NFL?

😂
yes. the rest of the nfl does not think nearly as highly of tua as you do. which is why people like you go nuts all the time when nearly every single pundit comes out and calls tua an average system qb. nobody calls wilkins an average system DT. but anyway, hope you are happy when we lose wilkins, connor williams, and hunt, in addition to xavien howard who is already gone. that is the cost of lining up to give tua the 5 and 250mm. hope you are happy that the team is now a fair bit worse, but you are getting your wish. hope you are right about tua, because if not, it is going to be a 5 year sh*tshow

No, not really... New England had an excellent QB, but around that QB, they always had lots of spare draft picks to fill holes... and fill them cheaply so they could afford that QB...

...and that's where we may be headed after we sign Tua. Signing Tua to a big contract insures that we'll lose players... which, in turn should give us comp picks over time.

Sadly, the immediate gratification squad that lurks here at Finheaven won't understand this... and will cry.

A lot.
I don’t totally agree. If we’re chasing a Tom Brady level QB to have success forget it.

yes. the rest of the nfl does not think nearly as highly of tua as you do. which is why people like you go nuts all the time when nearly every single pundit comes out and calls tua an average system qb. nobody calls wilkins an average system DT. but anyway, hope you are happy when we lose wilkins, connor williams, and hunt, in addition to xavien howard who is already gone. that is the cost of lining up to give tua the 5 and 250mm. hope you are happy that the team is now a fair bit worse, but you are getting your wish. hope you are right about tua, because if not, it is going to be a 5 year sh*tshow
You said the consensus around the league.

Which is why I laughed because it's not it's your opinion.

I'd be a bit shocked if Tua gets 50m/yr, I think it will lean closer to 55/yr but hoping for team friendly structure, incentives, etc

I don’t totally agree. If we’re chasing a Tom Brady level QB to have success forget it.
Obtaining a young star QB is the only real way to have continued success.

Yes, you can bring in a vet and win for a year or two... but then you crash.

I understand that some people prefer this method, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather have a ten year period of being competitive and always have a puncher's chance.

Just bleeping tag him. Don’t let him walk. He’s the heart of that defense. He’s a culture setter. He was the first building block. He’s a leader. More intangibles here than meet the eye.
we will def tag or sign long-term. I think the org wants long term to free up some cap.

We have not won any playoff games and yet we can’t kept our home grown talent? If we were a two time Super Bowl champ, that would be one thing but we aren’t.

The cap goes up every year and they had more space than they realized they’d have. This becomes a choice.

If you slap the tag on him, that’s your leverage. Use it.

Back
Top Bottom