Dolphins expected to show interest in Cook | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expected to show interest in Cook

For those that have watched this guy play is he a little upgrade over Fasano or A lot?

Cook is a true seem threat type TE, so I guess, you could consider him an upgrade. But Fasano is a very Durable and very Solid all around TE. It wouldn't hurt to keep Fasano around.

For those that have watched this guy play is he a little upgrade over Fasano or A lot?

It kinda goes like this, first I'm a Fasano homer so I tend to hold the guy in a little higher light than most but..........if we are talking pass catching TE Cook hands down has more speed and mismatch potential. Cook has the potential and skill to be in the top 3 in the league in terms of big play ability, he isn't there yet but he could be. Fasano has better hands however, I'm not certain there is a TE in the league with better hands than Fasano, he has dropped something like 8 passes in the last 4 years or something uncanny like that.

Cook needs to work on his run block for sure, he is raw and grades out pretty low in terms of run blocking TE's but he has gone on record stating he wants to improve that aspect of his game. Fasano is a better than average run blocker, Fasano is right up there with the best in the league in terms of run blocking. Fasano also has the edge on pass blocking but to me in todays NFL the TE should have limited pass blocking responsibilities anyway. 2011 Fasano was held in more than any other TE and that was due to the inept ability of the right side of our o-line, it was horrible. Cook is rarely asked to block and is used from he slot so much that he wants to be tenured as a slot receiver and not a TE in terms of the franchise tag.

So it goes like this, if you land Cook you need a blocking TE (very easy to find) and if you keep Fasano you need a seam stretching TE (not so easy to find). To be honest a pair of Fasano and Cook would be one of the best tandems in the league but the pairing of Cook and Eifert would have the possibilities of being they best TE combo in the league. If you can land Cook for 5M to 6M a year it is a no brianer and at that point Fasano becomes highly replaceable. Fasano at that point would have to be come back at discount 3M a year but I honestly think he might fetch 4 to 5 from someone else.

The possibility of Cook on the roster with Fasano or Eifert gives me a chubby (it should also scare the hell ouit of Egnew).

Does cook think he can wide receiver? Because on physical stats alone he looks like a upgraded version of brandon marshall at 6'5 with 4.49 speed.

Wallace& Cook in free agency.

Trade up for Dee Miliner. Show me you have balls Ireland.

Interesting idea, but how many picks would we have to sacrifice to get there? Like it, but weary of wasting away potential mid-round WR prospects. Would probably be safer to target Eiffert 1st rd.

Let's face it guys, we need to make a splash this year to compete with the big boys, not just be content being 7-9 two years in a row. If this means overpaying for Wallace and Cook (and whomever gets either of them will), then so be it. Aren't you guys tired of being conservative on the field and in the front office? It is like Dave Wannstedt on the field and in the front office. We did well last year by not biting on last year's recycled second tier QBs and drafting Tannehill for the future, but if we do not want to see our top 7 defense go to waste, we need to take some changes with offensive talent. In the meantime, if we let Reggie Bush go, I am praying that Lamar Miller is the real deal, because Daniel Thomas seems at best a change of pace back!

When did Jared Cook all of a sudden become Jimmy Graham, or Rob Gronkowski? I see people wanting to give cook 6-7 million, are you kidding me? The most Tony Gonzalez ever made was about 7 mil a year and he's one of if not The best TE ever to play in the NFL. I know Cook has some good measurables but I would under no circumstances pay that much for a guy who has never caught more than 49 passes, 760 yards, or 4 td's in one season.

When did Jared Cook all of a sudden become Jimmy Graham, or Rob Gronkowski? I see people wanting to give cook 6-7 million, are you kidding me? The most Tony Gonzalez ever made was about 7 mil a year and he's one of if not The best TE ever to play in the NFL. I know Cook has some good measurables but I would under no circumstances pay that much for a guy who has never caught more than 49 passes, 760 yards, or 4 td's in one season.

He's always had that potential. Coming out in the draft, Steve Spurrier was comparing Cook to Calvin Johnson as an athlete.

Im not huge on signing Wallace, but I was just thinking earlier about a scenario where we signed Wallace, Cook, and Hartline............... then we proceded to draft Tavon Austin and Swope.

You guys think we would have much speed on the field with those guys on the field? Just the thought brings a smile to your face dosent it. Can you imagine DCs thinking about having to face us with that kind of matchup nightmare. What do you do if Austin is in the slot or backfield or who knows where and Wallace is outside with la flama blanca Swope/Hartline lined up on the other side.

I had no idea he was this big and/or fast!

he also has 35 3/4" arms!!!! if you have no frame of reference for that number, I suggest you look at some other TE's arm lengths. dude has the wingspan of an albatross.

Im not huge on signing Wallace, but I was just thinking earlier about a scenario where we signed Wallace, Cook, and Hartline............... then we proceded to draft Tavon Austin and Swope.

You guys think we would have much speed on the field with those guys on the field? Just the thought brings a smile to your face dosent it. Can you imagine DCs thinking about having to face us with that kind of matchup nightmare. What do you do if Austin is in the slot or backfield or who knows where and Wallace is outside with la flama blanca Swope/Hartline lined up on the other side.

sorry man thats just too much when we have other gaps on OL, DE, CB, and now that im hearing that clemons might be coming back you can add FS to it too, it sounds awesome but we have other problems

I love the idea.

Back
Top Bottom