Dolphins Free Agency - Thoughts On What Will Happen? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agency - Thoughts On What Will Happen?

Hill. Ramsey. Chubb. Also can pick up another like 5 million with Seiler restructure . His 10 million this year can be cut in half by adding guaranteed $$.

Im too lazy to look up but we could easily be 30 million above cap with a few restructures.

right now all we'd need is to restructure two deals to get under the cap.....this is assuming we don’t extend Tua right now.......it seems that will take longer than this coming Wednesday but right now is showing we're 20.8mill over the cap, not counting the Smith contract so we're probably about 22 to 24mill over....have some work to do still. Free agency frenzy starts on Monday but we have till Wednesday to be under the cap

right now all we'd need is to restructure two deals to get under the cap.....this is assuming we don’t extend Tua right now.......it seems that will take longer than this coming Wednesday but right now is showing we're 20.8mill over the cap, not counting the Smith contract so we're probably about 22 to 24mill over....have some work to do still. Free agency frenzy starts on Monday but we have till Wednesday to be under the cap
Exactly. Its really not that difficult to understand and has been discussed in many threads. The original poster needs to just look and he will easily find how it can be done.

And of course X $$ post June 1st. Gives us 18.5 million.

Before the internet we only had dolphins digest for most part if you didnt live in Florida. Now its so easy to get info on such things.
I used to get Dolphins Digest and used to read it so quick that I'd read it twice cause there was nothing else to read......lol
Actually used to get the herald but it'd be like a small article here and there.......those were the days when the draft was on a Tuesday and it'd start at 8am(I was at work) and end about 2am(there were 12 rounds).....espn used to show the 1st round only and you had to wait till the next day to read in the paper about who we drafted in all the other rounds.

Can you imagine people having to wait till the next day to see who we drafted in the 2nd round....they'd go crazy

Miami has already decided what they are doing, likely restructured deals. They are re signing their own players while still over the cap, so they already know.

They just haven’t announced it yet.

FA bargain pick ups not to jeopardize comp picks for next year and no big money guys is what I am expecting.

I'm sure the team has some stuff in place like to who they will restructure .....I'm looking more to see who they’re re realistically trying to keep....we all know about the top 4....Wilkins/AVG/Hunt/Williams but there are other free agents like Elliott and Brandon Jones plus all the WR's other than Hill and Waddle

It's just hard to believe that people come here to talk Dolphins football and then get upset when someone talks about...Dolphins football.

Don't worry, not an opinion piece from me. FA hits next week. Legal tampering period starts Monday, where news starts to leak and FA officially begins Wednesday at 4pm. Having said all of that, am curious what people think will happen. Here are some questions, there are probably more:

-Question, are they even cap compliant yet, or do they need to make more moves over the weekend (cuts, restructures) to have money to spend in FA? If so, what do you think happens?

-Things are not done yet. Do they pull a rabbit out of the hat and somehow retain Wilkins, Hunt, or Connor Williams? If so, who do you think is most likely to be here?

-If these guys go, to who, and for how much money? Do you think you will be upset or happy that the Dolphins walked given the deals these players got?

-Who do you think the Dolphins sign? Who will be the biggest dollar player?

-What signing would make you the happiest, and what would make you the most pissed?

-Will they concurrently announce an extension with Tua, or will that take more time?

-When all is said and done, after a few days of FA, when most of the big moves have happened, do you think you will be happy or upset about what the Dolphins have done? This is somewhat of an expectations question too. If one has lower expectations, it is easier for them to over-achieve at this point.

I have no doubt you’re an articulate person. We’ve had debates on whether or not your posts are divisive, but this one seems genuine in an attempt at starting discussion.

Those are a lot of different topics, however. Regarding the cap, they are not yet compliant.

However, there are plenty of ways to become cap compliant. Restructures is one way.

Another part of the reason they’re over is because of players owed no money in 2024. Let me ask you this: If Miami cut Anthony Schwartz, Quinton Bell, Dayvion Nixon, Isaiah Mack, Chasen Hines, Zeke Vandenburgh and Mathew Sexton tomorrow, would your reaction be anything other than “who?”

Me either. And just doing that gets you more than a third of the way there.

I’m not saying Miami’s going to cut all of those players. The point is that they’re going to be able to create cap space.

I have no doubt you’re an articulate person. We’ve had debates on whether or not your posts are divisive, but this one seems genuine in an attempt at starting discussion.

Those are a lot of different topics, however. Regarding the cap, they are not yet compliant.

However, there are plenty of ways to become cap compliant. Restructures is one way.

Another part of the reason they’re over is because of players owed no money in 2024. Let me ask you this: If Miami cut Anthony Schwartz, Quinton Bell, Dayvion Nixon, Isaiah Mack, Chasen Hines, Zeke Vandenburgh and Mathew Sexton tomorrow, would your reaction be anything other than “who?”

Me either. And just doing that gets you more than a third of the way there.

I’m not saying Miami’s going to cut all of those players. The point is that they’re going to be able to create cap space.
Ehhhh I doubt those guys contracts are accounting for the top 51 or whatever

Back
Top Bottom