Dolphins Free Agency - Thoughts On What Will Happen? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agency - Thoughts On What Will Happen?

You're assuming that Tua is the answer. Besides Tua, you are right that they need to come up with a better way of replenishing talent and filling holes.
I think we're 'hoping' that Tua is the answer.

Honestly, he could end up as more Brady Quinn than Drew Brees, but you have to take a shot...

I used to get Dolphins Digest and used to read it so quick that I'd read it twice cause there was nothing else to read......lol
Actually used to get the herald but it'd be like a small article here and there.......those were the days when the draft was on a Tuesday and it'd start at 8am(I was at work) and end about 2am(there were 12 rounds).....espn used to show the 1st round only and you had to wait till the next day to read in the paper about who we drafted in all the other rounds.

Can you imagine people having to wait till the next day to see who we drafted in the 2nd round....they'd go crazy
I remember getting Dolphin Digest. At the time I didn't have internet, so it was the only way to read news about the Dolphins. What sucked was that for the first few years, I'd get the Digest previewing the upcoming game a few days AFTER the game! It was great when they finally sent it via first class postage, because then I usually got it on a Thursday before the game.

he better be, because once you give him the fat deal, this is the kind of treadmill you put yourself on, so fingers crossed i want this to all work out: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ews/josh-allens-cap-number-skyrockets-in-2024
Yup... it's a risk, but we saw some really exciting progress last year, and that was with a subpar line and no big receiver.
He accomplished more than Brees did at his first stop. I think that cerebral QBs only get better with time.

I used to get the Dolphin Digest, but it came a week and a day after the game they talked about.

he better be, because once you give him the fat deal, this is the kind of treadmill you put yourself on, so fingers crossed i want this to all work out: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ews/josh-allens-cap-number-skyrockets-in-2024
This is a tough call, because on one hand, although he put up some decent stats, Tua has not shown that he can work off-script turning a bad play into a good play, make the big plays when it really counts, and is worth investing in. But on the other hand, he was never given a good, solid, competent o-line, and McDaniel's playcalling was questionable and ineffective at times, so Tua is still a question mark.

This is a tough call, because on one hand, although he put up some decent stats, Tua has not shown that he can work off-script turning a bad play into a good play, make the big plays when it really counts, and is worth investing in. But on the other hand, he was never given a good, solid, competent o-line, and McDaniel's playcalling was questionable and ineffective at times, so Tua is still a question mark.
Solid points.

I think we're 'hoping' that Tua is the answer.

Honestly, he could end up as more Brady Quinn than Drew Brees, but you have to take a shot...
He may not end up being Brees, but Tua is well beyond ending up as a Brady Quinn type. He’s already earned far more than that designation even being a possibility.

I remember when everyone was clamoring for Quinn in the draft and the Dolphins shocked everyone and took Ginn. Terrible pick either way.

I remember getting Dolphin Digest. At the time I didn't have internet, so it was the only way to read news about the Dolphins. What sucked was that for the first few years, I'd get the Digest previewing the upcoming game a few days AFTER the game! It was great when they finally sent it via first class postage, because then I usually got it on a Thursday before the game.
yeah I remember that but it was still good to have something to read that was all about the Dolphins.......these young punks nowadays don’t know how good they have it....lol

yeah I remember that but it was still good to have something to read that was all about the Dolphins.......these young punks nowadays don’t know how good they have it....lol
Hell, I was really excited when I was able to go from dial-up to DSL!

in a way is good we didn’t have internet back in the day....who knows what I'd have posted back then that I'd have regretted later....lol
At least I didn't need the internet to listen to that album in your signature! 🎸

I used to get Dolphins Digest and used to read it so quick that I'd read it twice cause there was nothing else to read......lol
Actually used to get the herald but it'd be like a small article here and there.......those were the days when the draft was on a Tuesday and it'd start at 8am(I was at work) and end about 2am(there were 12 rounds).....espn used to show the 1st round only and you had to wait till the next day to read in the paper about who we drafted in all the other rounds.

Can you imagine people having to wait till the next day to see who we drafted in the 2nd round....they'd go crazy
"....they'd go crazy"?
You mean they aren't already crazy"? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom