Dolphins Free Agent targets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agent targets

VAFinsfan72

Club Member
Reaction score
TE - Dalton Schultz - We need another pass catching option. Schultz had a good season with the Texans and he is only 28. He would be a significant upgrade over Smythe. I know McD and Grier claim to like Julian Hill but if he is so good how come we havent seen anything from him yet?

OG - Graham Glasgow - I am not sure we can afford to re-sign Hunt and I dont want to invest that kind of money on a non premium position. Glasgow is 32 so he wont command a lot of money on a short term deal.

C - Tyler Biadasz - He is the 2nd rated FA Center behind Connor Williams and he is only 26 without the injury concern of Williams.

DE - Jonathan Greenard - He had 12.5 sacks last season and he is only 27. Phillips and Chubb are going to miss a large portion of the season.

DT - Grover Stewart - We probably wont be able to re-sign Wilkins.

DB - Kendall Fuller - X is likely to be released, and even if Cam Smith works out we still need better DB's than Apple and Kohou.

S - Darnell Savage - Elliott and Jones are both FA's. He is only 27.

WR - Curtis Samuel - He could be a nice number 3 behind Hill and Waddle.

We can't sign all of them but we will have to address some needs in FA since the only meaningful draft picks we have are a first and second.

TE - Dalton Schultz - We need another pass catching option. Schultz had a good season with the Texans and he is only 28. He would be a significant upgrade over Smythe. I know McD and Grier claim to like Julian Hill but if he is so good how come we havent seen anything from him yet?

OG - Graham Glasgow - I am not sure we can afford to re-sign Hunt and I dont want to invest that kind of money on a non premium position. Glasgow is 32 so he wont command a lot of money on a short term deal.

C - Tyler Biadasz - He is the 2nd rated FA Center behind Connor Williams and he is only 26 without the injury concern of Williams.

DE - Jonathan Greenard - He had 12.5 sacks last season and he is only 27. Phillips and Chubb are going to miss a large portion of the season.

DB - Kendall Fuller - X is likely to be released, and even if Cam Smith works out we still need better DB's than Apple and Kohou.

We can't sign all of them but we will have to address some needs in FA since the only meaningful draft picks we have are a first and second.
Most of those I am afraid will be out of our range money wise this year.

I expect some low level depth type signings and that’s it, but hey maybe something happens that surprises me.

Not a good situation with lack of draft capital this year as you pointed out. I would like to try and trade down in rd 1 or 2 to get extra picks depending of course how the board goes. Unfortunately wanting to trade down just doesn’t always pan out.

Nice list...

I fear that most of these will be out of our price range, but sometimes guys fall... just like with the draft.

Elliot was not supposed to be cheap last year; but he was, and I think we'll hunt for guys like this... guys who for whatever reason just don't get the offer that everyone expects. Hell... that's why Van Ginkle came home last year.

Blue light special on aisle 5!

Juan Jennings is a guy who, I think will be on Miami's radar. He's a 6'3" WR from San Francisco. He's an absolute monster blocker from the WR postion and could be a good endzone option in Miami. He already knows the system and is an improvement over some of the other option Miami fielded in 2023.

Okay let's dive into this.

Schultz- He wants to stay in Houston, Houston wants to keep him, were in cap hell, the Texans have the 6th most cap space.

Verdict = Hes staying a Texan

Glasgow - he's a very good run blocker but hes a giant liability in pass protection. If he expects to paid off his run blocking he's not going to be worth his contract. I don't hate it but I Kinda hate it.

Verdict = I just don't love how awful he is in pass protection. We've had too many bad Olinemen over the years who can't pass block. I'm gonna pass

Biadasz - He's a smart player but he's just not a very strong person, he folds like a lawn chair if he's ever 1 on 1 in pass pro. For the money someone pays this guy, they will regret it when he's allowing DTs to run free at the QB late in games.

Verdict = Hard no, not athletic enough

Greenard - Hes seems like a Greir FA. Comming off big year, Going to be one of the most expensive FAs this year. He has a history of always getting injured. Just like TA he's never made it through a season healthy. He's the Perfect Dolphin.

Verdict = If we could afford him, I'd consider it bc we are so banged up at the position. However I don't think we even look his direction due to our cap situation. Also the Texans have alot of cap space and might resign him.

Stewart- I'd LOVE to get this guy. He's the unsung hero of that Defense. The Colts defense was garbage last year while he was out. There is an argument to be made internally by the Colts on who their most valuable FA is and there is a good argument for Stewert. The Colts know how important this guy is to their defense, he won't be super expensive and....... unfortunately for us, the Colts have a crap load of cap space.

Verdict = I'd love it, but hes gonna stay on the Colts.

Fuller - a 29 year old corner.......

Verdict= 99% of corners turn into dogsh*t the minute they turn 30. Hell No!

Savage -Injured last year, benched for bad performance for part of the year before... meh.

Verdict = Not a fan. Hard pass.

Samuel - Would be nice he's a hellova playmaker. He's prob gonna be too expensive.

Verdict= I'd like it, we prob can't afford him.

Last edited:
Edge rushers are very expensive. I think we’d be better off re-signing AVG and adding someone like Josh Uche who is still young and had a disappointing season in 2023 after a breakout 2022. Might be able to snag him at a decent price tag in the second wave of FA. He’s also from Miami so coming home might have some appeal.

Juan Jennings is a guy who, I think will be on Miami's radar. He's a 6'3" WR from San Francisco. He's an absolute monster blocker from the WR postion and could be a good endzone option in Miami. He already knows the system and is an improvement over some of the other option Miami fielded in 2023.

I like this one. Also, to echo the OP, Curtis Samuel is another one to watch for.

Good call. A clutch guy too with a lot of third down success.

Back
Top Bottom