Dolphins Free Agent targets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agent targets

TE - Dalton Schultz - We need another pass catching option. Schultz had a good season with the Texans and he is only 28. He would be a significant upgrade over Smythe. I know McD and Grier claim to like Julian Hill but if he is so good how come we havent seen anything from him yet?

OG - Graham Glasgow - I am not sure we can afford to re-sign Hunt and I dont want to invest that kind of money on a non premium position. Glasgow is 32 so he wont command a lot of money on a short term deal.

C - Tyler Biadasz - He is the 2nd rated FA Center behind Connor Williams and he is only 26 without the injury concern of Williams.

DE - Jonathan Greenard - He had 12.5 sacks last season and he is only 27. Phillips and Chubb are going to miss a large portion of the season.

DT - Grover Stewart - We probably wont be able to re-sign Wilkins.

DB - Kendall Fuller - X is likely to be released, and even if Cam Smith works out we still need better DB's than Apple and Kohou.

S - Darnell Savage - Elliott and Jones are both FA's. He is only 27.

WR - Curtis Samuel - He could be a nice number 3 behind Hill and Waddle.

We can't sign all of them but we will have to address some needs in FA since the only meaningful draft picks we have are a first and second.
Draft picks are what you make of them as much or more than where they are picked. Remember, the "Tua" magic words are "coaching" and "player development".

The move from college into the NFL is a much bigger challenge than "High School to College" is, and that includes differences based on changing physical size and a tremendous emotional maturity of many players.

Last edited:
Okay let's dive into this.

Schultz- He wants to stay in Houston, Houston wants to keep him, were in cap hell, the Texans have the 6th most cap space.

Verdict = Hes staying a Texan

Glasgow - he's a very good run blocker but hes a giant liability in pass protection. If he expects to paid off his run blocking he's not going to be worth his contract. I don't hate it but I Kinda hate it.

Verdict = I just don't love how awful he is in pass protection. We've had too many bad Olinemen over the years who can't pass block. I'm gonna pass

Biadasz - He's a smart player but he's just not a very strong person, he folds like a lawn chair if he's ever 1 on 1 in pass pro. For the money someone pays this guy, they will regret it when he's allowing DTs to run free at the QB late in games.

Verdict = Hard no, not athletic enough

Greenard - Hes seems like a Greir FA. Comming off big year, Going to be one of the most expensive FAs this year. He has a history of always getting injured. Just like TA he's never made it through a season healthy. He's the Perfect Dolphin.

Verdict = If we could afford him, I'd consider it bc we are so banged up at the position. However I don't think we even look his direction due to our cap situation. Also the Texans have alot of cap space and might resign him.

Stewart- I'd LOVE to get this guy. He's the unsung hero of that Defense. The Colts defense was garbage last year while he was out. There is an argument to be made internally by the Colts on who their most valuable FA is and there is a good argument for Stewert. The Colts know how important this guy is to their defense, he won't be super expensive and....... unfortunately for us, the Colts have a crap load of cap space.

Verdict = I'd love it, but hes gonna stay on the Colts.

Fuller - a 29 year old corner.......

Verdict= 99% of corners turn into dogsh*t the minute they turn 30. Hell No!

Savage -Injured last year, benched for bad performance for part of the year before... meh.

Verdict = Not a fan. Hard pass.

Samuel - Would be nice he's a hellova playmaker. He's prob gonna be too expensive.

Verdict= I'd like it, we prob can't afford him.
Sad, but true.
Our Cap space may be our biggest hurdle.

I'd trade down with every single pick we currently have. My goal would be to double the number of picks we have in this draft, even if alot of them are late rounders. With our 1st I want a 1st in 25 and a late 2nd rounder in 24.
I agree.

We need some more players to feed our "player development" machine that I anticipate will be in full operation with all our recent defensive coaching changes.

Biadasz - He's a smart player but he's just not a very strong person, he folds like a lawn chair if he's ever 1 on 1 in pass pro. For the money someone pays this guy, they will regret it when he's allowing DTs to run free at the QB late in games.
IOW, he'd be a perfect fit on Miami's o-line. :shrug:

IOW, he'd be a perfect fit on Miami's o-line. :shrug:
You'd think that bc he was on the Dallas oline. And I'm not saying the guy isn't good. He's very good at reading the pass rush and has sound technique.

However, he played next to probowl and allpro guards his entire career. For a 4th round pick he's really over achieved. After talking to my friend who's a Cowboys fan they want to get rid of Biadasz and bring back our guy Conner Williams bc Biadasz isn't good in pass pro and usually needs help to be an effective run blocker.

Considering the cost of Biadasz vs Williams, I'd much rather spend the extra million or two a year and just keep Williams.

Or look to the draft, you can probably find a better athlete than Biadasz in the draft and just hope he learns on the job and develops.

You'd think that bc he was on the Dallas oline. And I'm not saying the guy isn't good. He's very good at reading the pass rush and has sound technique.

However, he played next to probowl and allpro guards his entire career. For a 4th round pick he's really over achieved. After talking to my friend who's a Cowboys fan they want to get rid of Biadasz and bring back our guy Conner Williams bc Biadasz isn't good in pass pro and usually needs help to be an effective run blocker.

Considering the cost of Biadasz vs Williams, I'd much rather spend the extra million or two a year and just keep Williams.

Or look to the draft, you can probably find a better athlete than Biadasz in the draft and just hope he learns on the job and develops.
Agreed on the draft angle... I think there are at least 3 (4 if you include Barton) very fine Centers in this year's draft. We could get our choice at #21, or the 3rd or 4th choice at #55.
Either way, we'd likely have a cheap Center for at least 4 years.

Didn't he only have 12 1st downs all season,am I missing anything here?
His nickname is third and Jajuan. SF definitely looks for him there. Didn't watch them a lot this season tbh, but in the past that's what he gave them.

Agreed on the draft angle... I think there are at least 3 (4 if you include Barton) very fine Centers in this year's draft. We could get our choice at #21, or the 3rd or 4th choice at #55.
Either way, we'd likely have a cheap Center for at least 4 years.
Not to be Captain Obvious, but what Miami does with Hunt and Wilkins will tell us a lot.

If they keep both, and Williams, that does open up draft possibilities.

If the Dolphins lose Hunt, then it's hard to imagine not going offensive line in the 1st and maybe the 2nd as well.

It would be nice to be able to be flexible with that first rounder. Personally, I'd definitely like to add a pass rusher somewhere with Phillips and Chubb both coming back from injury.

Tell you what we CANT do. Mortgage future picks for this year. Terribly concerned Grier has a hot seat this year and may be willing to burn future picks this year in an effort to go for it now. Not saying going for it is bad, but a swing and a miss this year would be catastrophic for the franchise. Need to have a cool head and trade down, not up.

Back
Top Bottom