Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice)

Easy decision, go to your kids games and coach in yours. Tivo the phins. You may want to start every conversation you have with other adults with something like "I'm tivo'ing the dolphins game so please don't talk about it, Hi, nice to see you."

or
"If you mention the Dolphins game, your kid sits the bench"

A nice set of earplugs won't hurt....or maybe those headphones that the guys wear to guide the planes into the terminals ;) If all else fails, wear a sign that says "If you tell me the score of the Dolphins-Jets game, I may be forced to thrash you"

LOL love the Tshirt idea..... kids without a doubt

I also coach youth sports and had a situation come up where I had to choose coaching my U15 basketball team in a tournement or go to my son's soccer playoff game in Corpus Christi.
I coached basketball.

Go to your kids game! Or you could buy tickets to the fins game and take your son. And years from now your son will say, "Dad, remember when you took me to see the Dolphins destroy Brett Favre and the stinkin' Jets? That was such a great day! You are the best dad in the whole wide world!!!"

Wait I've got it!!!! Fertilize the field the night before the game and put up a sign saying "stay off"....then when the kids are disappointed that the game will have to be called off, suggest that it be played in your backyard and just have a tv easily accessible through a window or sliding glass door.....it's a win win situation for all!

You made a committment to coach and be a father, you go to your kids' games. (That probably sounds more harsh than I meant it to. It's supposed to sound like advice, not condiscending.)

If you ask me he's 100% right bro. Go and spend time with your kids.

Shouldn't be a hard decision really, these are your kids after all. But I have the same situation, my son's U10 soccer team has a game at 1pm (his 1st game of the season). So, I'll be the good Dad and watch, but will make constant trips to the car to listen to the game on Sirius. And his game lasts only an hour.

Feel 4 ya...gotta bounce from Game#1 at halftime, for my boy's first day of Fall Baseball! It's about the kids.

(Besides...there's always the 'Divr'!)

you cut their balls off and put them in softball next year..:up:

I need you guys help making the right decision.....Believe it or not I am torned.

I coach a youth league team here in the city I live and my sons both play for the 2nd and 3rd grade team. I coach the 4th graders. BTW Keith Loneker is a coach on a rival team. He played for the Rams and the Falcons. Also in a bunch of movies to include "leatherheads"

For some strange reason this league likes to play on Sundays. My boys play at 11:15 cst and my team plays at 12:15 cst.

Now I have direct TV and I will be recording the game, but I know someone is going to let the score slip prior to me watching it.

I know this might sound easy to you guys....but what in the hell do I do?

I need you guys help making the right decision.....Believe it or not I am torned.

I coach a youth league team here in the city I live and my sons both play for the 2nd and 3rd grade team. I coach the 4th graders. BTW Keith Loneker is a coach on a rival team. He played for the Rams and the Falcons. Also in a bunch of movies to include "leatherheads"

For some strange reason this league likes to play on Sundays. My boys play at 11:15 cst and my team plays at 12:15 cst.

Now I have direct TV and I will be recording the game, but I know someone is going to let the score slip prior to me watching it.

I know this might sound easy to you guys....but what in the hell do I do?

Dude, I love the Fins and all, but family ALWAYS comes first

LOL guys of course you know Imma going to coach my team and watch my boys game. Like many of you said. Wifey would break a brick on me if I didn't.

I just wanted to relay my pain to you guys. We only have 8 games unless we go to the playoffs.....so by midseason Ill be able to watch live.

But Im still curious...A former NFL player is one of our leagues chairperson........He should have known better.

But bro if anyone leak scores i swear I will bench thier kid.

Well you guys enjoy the game. I cant wait to come back after my youth league games and see the final score and stats. <head hung low>

Back
Top Bottom