Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Game or Kids Game (Need advice)

I need you guys help making the right decision.....Believe it or not I am torned.

I coach a youth league team here in the city I live and my sons both play for the 2nd and 3rd grade team. I coach the 4th graders. BTW Keith Loneker is a coach on a rival team. He played for the Rams and the Falcons. Also in a bunch of movies to include "leatherheads"

For some strange reason this league likes to play on Sundays. My boys play at 11:15 cst and my team plays at 12:15 cst.

Now I have direct TV and I will be recording the game, but I know someone is going to let the score slip prior to me watching it.

I know this might sound easy to you guys....but what in the hell do I do?

your kids will appreciate you being there for them. They know how much you love the fins and choosing them over the fins speaks volumes to your commitment to them.

The dolphins will always be there to watch.

I need you guys help making the right decision.....Believe it or not I am torned.

I coach a youth league team here in the city I live and my sons both play for the 2nd and 3rd grade team. I coach the 4th graders. BTW Keith Loneker is a coach on a rival team. He played for the Rams and the Falcons. Also in a bunch of movies to include "leatherheads"

For some strange reason this league likes to play on Sundays. My boys play at 11:15 cst and my team plays at 12:15 cst.

Now I have direct TV and I will be recording the game, but I know someone is going to let the score slip prior to me watching it.

I know this might sound easy to you guys....but what in the hell do I do?

Why did you agree to coach such a thing? You must always be aware before making commitments as to whether or not they could possibly interfier with watching the phins. Im kinda disappointed in you dude. I thought you were legit. The 12-4 themed posts youve had got me all pumped. Now, it just dosent mean that much to me. :lol: j/k

I cant ever fault someone for going to their kids' games, hell even I would go to my kids' game and Im more hardcore of a fan than anyone, but you shouldve never signed up to coach. Bad move.

I tell ya I once coached some youth basketball, but found that it interfiered when the Mets made the postseason. After missing the first inning of game 7 of the NLCS a couple years back, I immidiately decided I wouldnt coach again next year. If the mets wouldve made the WS that year, I wouldve missed a little bit too, because I wouldnt have quit mid season, I made a committment to that year. But, next year I didnt even give it a chance to get in the way. Plus, we played a game on Sunday one year....playoffs. Luckily it was an early start so I didnt have to miss a play of a phins game. After that year I had a discussion with the athletic director and they assured me in future years if we had to play a playoff game on a Sunday, that my team would get the early game that ended before 1pm. So I stayed on for 2 more years.

But, yea, you have to be more careful about what you sign up to do. Your own children are one thing...they ALWAYS come first. So if they ever play during a phins game, youre screwed. But, signing up to coach something can commonly get in the way. You have to be careful.

:up:dude 1 word slingbox. just tell the kids you keep your playbook on your laptop

Get Sirous and you could listen to thgame intermittenly.

Also, next year get them to move the start times back.

Suck it up and drive on. Your kids > Dolphins. Tell the leauge that they need to get a quick reality check re: Playing games on Sunday.

well atleast my kids won their season opener.

Can either of them play WR? Perhaps they would like to move up a few levels. I know a favorite team of mine that could use 1 or 2 really good ones.

Can either of them play WR? Perhaps they would like to move up a few levels. I know a favorite team of mine that could use 1 or 2 really good ones.

yeah my 6 year old is a pretty good reciever....He broke his hand yesterday though and has to stick with just playing MIKE on defense.

Back
Top Bottom