Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Again you are not comparing apples to apples. The pats aren't a team that needs starters at every position like we do.
This year they drafted Jones, Wilson, Hightower, and Dennard,
2011: Solder, Vereen, Ridley, Mallot
2010: McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko, Deaderick
2009: Chung, Brace, Vollmer, Pryor, Eddleman

These are all players that either start of play significant time for the pats, who are worlds better than we are. And I just went back 3 years. Go back a little further and you will see they also got one of the best DTs (Wilfork), very good LB (Mayo) and maybe the best QB in the game, through the draft. And this is just taking into count the players still on their team. There are MANY that are playing for other teams.

You made the comment that "they have drafted the most players from 2006-2010", like that is some how a negative. They were awarded the same amount as everyone else, the difference is they were smart enough to understand how to trade a pick, in either this years draft or the next, to get maximum value out of it. That makes them BETTER at the draft not worse.

If you look at how the Pats have used the draft to create who they now are, and how they have managed to stay the class of the East for as long as they have, I really don't see how you can say "Pats are not good at the draft". There maybe a few teams out there that have had better success but I can't see how you could say they were not top 10, and to me that doesn't equal, "not good at the draft".
Yep, we'll agree to disagree. Not sure what Ryan Mallot or Shane Vereen have ever done in the NFL for you to think they're good players. Cunningham has 3.5 sacks in his 3 year career and Spikes is overrated, I wouldn't want either of them on the Dolphins. Mesko was a 5th round pick as a punter...Fields was a 7th rounder and I'd take him over any punter in the league. Deadrick has a whopping 3 tackles this year. Brace is a bust and has been from day 1...Pryor is not much better and Edelman...Edelman? Really? You put Edelman on your list? Edelman would be their best WR pick in the last 10 drafts, that's how bad they've been at drafting WRs...Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Matt Slater (who's still on the team, drafted in 2008 and has 1 career reception), Brandon Tate, Julian Edelmen (61 career receptions for 579 yards and 2 TDs in 3+ seasons), Taylor Price and Jeremy Ebert are the studs they've picked at WR since 2003.

A lot of the guys you listed are defensive players. Statistically the Pats defense have ranked 11th (2009), 25th (2010), 31st (2011) and 25th (this year)...if you're really good at drafting you're not sitting in the bottom 3rd in the league for 3 seasons and that's that they spent 2 first rounders on defense this year.

Yep, we'll agree to disagree. Not sure what Ryan Mallot or Shane Vereen have ever done in the NFL for you to think they're good players. Cunningham has 3.5 sacks in his 3 year career and Spikes is overrated, I wouldn't want either of them on the Dolphins. Mesko was a 5th round pick as a punter...Fields was a 7th rounder and I'd take him over any punter in the league. Deadrick has a whopping 3 tackles this year. Brace is a bust and has been from day 1...Pryor is not much better and Edelman...Edelman? Really? You put Edelman on your list? Edelman would be their best WR pick in the last 10 drafts, that's how bad they've been at drafting WRs...Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Matt Slater (who's still on the team, drafted in 2008 and has 1 career reception), Brandon Tate, Julian Edelmen (61 career receptions for 579 yards and 2 TDs in 3+ seasons), Taylor Price and Jeremy Ebert are the studs they've picked at WR since 2003.

A lot of the guys you listed are defensive players. Statistically the Pats defense have ranked 11th (2009), 25th (2010), 31st (2011) and 25th (this year)...if you're really good at drafting you're not sitting in the bottom 3rd in the league for 3 seasons and that's that they spent 2 first rounders on defense this year.

boom goes the dynamite

:lol: OH PLEASE enlighten me ol wise one. Tell me how you can read his thread where from 06-10 the fins still have 12 of their picks and the pats 15. And where the pats, on one of the best teams in football, still have drafted 8 starters and the fins (one of the worst teams in football over that time) only has 10 starters from those drafts. Yet some how the pats are terrible at using the draft to better their team, yet we are pretty good even though we have obviously done worse than the pats. Since I don't know anything about football. :lol:.

SOMEBODY has to start for the Dolphins, in order to field a team at all.

The difference is that our 10 starters are marginal wannabe talents that were picked by ireland, whereas the 8 still with the pats are at a much higher talent level. Ask yourself this question... how many of the 10 starters we still have could be starters for the pats? Or worse... how many of the 10 starters we have from that era COULD EVEN MAKE THE pats 53?

You would NOT like the answer.

Whats really depressing is if Long goes we'll likely have to use our first on a LT so that'll make 3 first rounders, a second and a third used on the O-line during Irelands tenure. Plus we'll need to draft another guard or two at some point too.

Whats really depressing is if Long goes we'll likely have to use our first on a LT so that'll make 3 first rounders, a second and a third used on the O-line during Irelands tenure. Plus we'll need to draft another guard or two at some point too.

Sad but true. I'm inclined to swap Martin and long for the remainder of the year and see how Martin handles the left side. We will have FA money to get a vet guard (levitre?) if longs gone.

Back
Top Bottom