Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

I"m not resigning Long period. Hes getting hurt and his play has downgraded significantly.

i'd let starks go in a heartbeat if it meant i was getting henry melton of the bears in free agency...meltons the best interior pass rusher in the league and if chicago did somehow let him hit free agency i'd be burning off a call...

bush can leave tomorrow for all i care...guy just will not press the damn hole b/t the tackles...and in a zbs it's a must...bye

Perception is greater than reality I guess. SCOTTY is right, Pats are not good at the draft.

If you looked through my post from a few weeks ago you'll notice they have drafted the most players from 2006-2010 and more than half of them are no longer in the NFL, less than 30% of them are still on the team. Pats are good at free agency...not so good at the draft.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...006-2010)-Conclusions-and-more&highlight=2006
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Again you are not comparing apples to apples. The pats aren't a team that needs starters at every position like we do.
This year they drafted Jones, Wilson, Hightower, and Dennard,
2011: Solder, Vereen, Ridley, Mallot
2010: McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko, Deaderick
2009: Chung, Brace, Vollmer, Pryor, Eddleman

These are all players that either start of play significant time for the pats, who are worlds better than we are. And I just went back 3 years. Go back a little further and you will see they also got one of the best DTs (Wilfork), very good LB (Mayo) and maybe the best QB in the game, through the draft. And this is just taking into count the players still on their team. There are MANY that are playing for other teams.

You made the comment that "they have drafted the most players from 2006-2010", like that is some how a negative. They were awarded the same amount as everyone else, the difference is they were smart enough to understand how to trade a pick, in either this years draft or the next, to get maximum value out of it. That makes them BETTER at the draft not worse.

If you look at how the Pats have used the draft to create who they now are, and how they have managed to stay the class of the East for as long as they have, I really don't see how you can say "Pats are not good at the draft". There maybe a few teams out there that have had better success but I can't see how you could say they were not top 10, and to me that doesn't equal, "not good at the draft".

I mentioned henry melton as a free agent target in another thread. So if it were to become a possibility, I'd let starks walk as well.

I honestly don't think long is going anywhere. I have no idea what kind of deal he will be signed to, but If the plan was to just let him walk after this season, we should have traded, and I would hope that we would have tried. WE didn't, which leads me to believe they will do everything they can to resign him to a fair deal.

for me, priority in the draft is CB and WR... as 1 and 1a... sometimes flipflopping... sean smith is well below average in my book. He really should dominate with his length, but I dont ever even see him try to. He can't locate a ball to save his life, and gets turned around in coverage far too much for my liking... he better come real real cheap. or buh bye

So... you don't know anything about football? LOL, take a look at their draft record over the last 5 years. It's so hilarious how unknowledgable fan such as yourself automatically assume the Pats are awesome talent evaluators simply because they are the Pats. That's what is truely laughable.
:lol: OH PLEASE enlighten me ol wise one. Tell me how you can read his thread where from 06-10 the fins still have 12 of their picks and the pats 15. And where the pats, on one of the best teams in football, still have drafted 8 starters and the fins (one of the worst teams in football over that time) only has 10 starters from those drafts. Yet some how the pats are terrible at using the draft to better their team, yet we are pretty good even though we have obviously done worse than the pats. Since I don't know anything about football. :lol:

Next time at least read what you are talking about before insulting other posters who obviously know more than you.

I mentioned henry melton as a free agent target in another thread. So if it were to become a possibility, I'd let starks walk as well.

I honestly don't think long is going anywhere. I have no idea what kind of deal he will be signed to, but If the plan was to just let him walk after this season, we should have traded, and I would hope that we would have tried. WE didn't, which leads me to believe they will do everything they can to resign him to a fair deal.

for me, priority in the draft is CB and WR... as 1 and 1a... sometimes flipflopping... sean smith is well below average in my book. He really should dominate with his length, but I dont ever even see him try to. He can't locate a ball to save his life, and gets turned around in coverage far too much for my liking... he better come real real cheap. or buh bye

I agree that if we were going to let Long walk we should have traded him. Smith and Hartline both should have been resigned at bargain basement prices compared to what they're going to get.

What kind of compensatory pick will we get for Long if he does walk? Don't really know how that whole thing works.

:lol: OH PLEASE enlighten me ol wise one. Tell me how you can read his thread where from 06-10 the fins still have 12 of their picks and the pats 15. And where the pats, on one of the best teams in football, still have drafted 8 starters and the fins (one of the worst teams in football over that time) only has 10 starters from those drafts. Yet some how the pats are terrible at using the draft to better their team, yet we are pretty good even though we have obviously done worse than the pats. Since I don't know anything about football. :lol:

Next time at least read what you are talking about before insulting other posters who obviously know more than you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Seems like you are in love with the :lol: So I'll just put a whole bunch in a post just for you :lol::lol:
And please keep leaving out important facts such as over 50% of the Pats draft picks don't even play in the NFL anymore. One of the worst percentage in all the NFL. Yes, amazing talent evaluators.

i'd let starks go in a heartbeat if it meant i was getting henry melton of the bears in free agency...meltons the best interior pass rusher in the league and if chicago did somehow let him hit free agency i'd be burning off a call...

bush can leave tomorrow for all i care...guy just will not press the damn hole b/t the tackles...and in a zbs it's a must...bye

I think Geno Atkins would be offended at that statement.

I agree that if we were going to let Long walk we should have traded him. Smith and Hartline both should have been resigned at bargain basement prices compared to what they're going to get.

What kind of compensatory pick will we get for Long if he does walk? Don't really know how that whole thing works.

the way I understand it, 32 compensatory picks go out each year. You get them based on the correlation between the quality of free agents you signed vs the quality of free agents you lost in a given year. If we sign four and lose four, I think we can still get one for long due to his "perceived" value, for lack of a better word, but even than I think it's only a 7th rounder since the number lost vs gained was equal. Picks are determined by salary of said player, amount of time played, and something about the postseason I believe although it escapes me now. If 32 compensatory picks arent handed out by the league, I think it goes in order of draft, based on a hypothetical 8th round...

So I would say our best bet would be to lose a bunch of free agents who played a lot and had decent contracts, and not sign many back.... of course I think the highest comp pick you can get is a fourth rounder... so you probably are hurting yourself more than helping to deliberately try for comp picks over signing your own free agents.

Hartline will come back. He's not going to draw a massive pay raise IMO anywhere... smith is iffy... I"m not even sure I want him back. the more I watch him, the more I want him gone. Ironically, I think the guy who absolutley stays barring a bidding war...is jake long.

You resign Long - he's a franchise player. You resign Bush too - he's too explosive a player - let's not forget he hasn't been 100% most of this season yet his yards per carry are still impressive. Sean Smith sucks and should not be resigned. Let Fasano walk - he's average at best. You bring Hartline back.

I think Geno Atkins would be offended at that statement.

nothing against atkins who is a ball of rolling butcher knives but if i had the choice henry meltons the guy...i think he also has a little more upside in him than atkins...

nothing against atkins who is a ball of rolling butcher knives but if i had the choice henry meltons the guy...i think he also has a little more upside in him than atkins...

Really, both wanted Miami and you'd go Melton over Atkins?

Wow, Atkins is only in his 3rd year. Dominating over Suh and McCoy who were highly touted.

I don't know, hard choice for me.

Wow. Over Atkins? One of the few times I find myself disagreeing with you Hoops.

Wow. Over Atkins? One of the few times I find myself disagreeing with you Hoops.

meltons movement skills are a different level...i think atkins plays with better leverage and more power mostly due to being shorter but meltons lateral quickness and burst thru gaps is filthy...some would say he's the benefit of peppers on the outside and i can see some of that but the one thing i do know is that guy moves like a te in a 300 lb package...

meltons the prototype interior pass rusher in a 43 if you ask me...

Back
Top Bottom