Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

Because we don't have the means to replace him this offseason. We have too many holes to fill this coming off season to add LT to that list. There are worst things in the world than pay Jake Long $14 mil next season. He's better than we could get in free agency and more experienced than a rookie. It makes more sense to tag him than to just let him walk.

Paying Jake Long $14+ million to franchise is absurd

EVERY offensive line player on the Patriots could be had for $14,510,000 this season

Mankins...$7 million
Connolly..$2.3 mil
Solder.....$1.9 mil
Wendell...$950k
Cannon...$531k
Aiken......$465k
Thomas...$750k
McDonald..$540k

Plus Long isn't very good in this zone blocking scheme
Wonder why we don't have any playmakers next season just look
to the left tackle with the suitcases full of money

EVERY offensive line player on the Patriots could be had for $14,510,000 this season

Mankins...$7 million
Connolly..$2.3 mil
Solder.....$1.9 mil
Wendell...$950k
Cannon...$531k
Aiken......$465k
Thomas...$750k
McDonald..$540k

There is no room for truth on the internet miamiron. Plus, when was the last time the Pats won the Superbowl, geez.

It took a while but Joe Philbin has lived up to my posted preseason expectation of using Reggie Bush poorly, and making Bush look worse than he is, the Sean Payton method.

Bush is an I formation tailback who needs to be featured often. The more he gets the ball the harder and more basic he runs. If you overreact to a handful of dance steps you are breathtakingly ignorant, and might even have pulled him from the game at Buffalo last year, when Reggie did nothing early before exploding to an awesome game.

The posters who denounce Reggie will be wrong again, on merit.

No way Reggie even entertains the Jets after the fiasco with the "hot sauce" thing...Bush is going to be franchise tagged. you heard it here first.

Points win games. Reggie can put.points on the board. Its nice to watch dt beat and bang his 3stats yds at a time and i guess some guys love that since he.goes "north". Hes already been concussed twice and rarely sniffs the.endzone.
3.4 ypc is hardly going to cut it. How some of you prefer him to be the starter is mindboggling.

Points win games. Reggie can put.points on the board. Its nice to watch dt beat and bang his 3stats yds at a time and i guess some guys love that since he.goes "north". Hes already been concussed twice and rarely sniffs the.endzone.
3.4 ypc is hardly going to cut it. How some of you prefer him to be the starter is mindboggling.

Thomas and Reggie have the same amount of TDs.

So your view pf Reggoe putting up points and DT rarely sniffs the endzone is hilariously wrong.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

He also gets more short yardage situations.

Reggie never sees short yardage situations hence his higher ypc.

Thomas and Reggie have the same amount of TDs.

I was considering both this year and last year, but sure we can stick to just this year. I still think reggie has 4tds, and DT has 3. So this year, I suppose we could skeew the argument to suit your point and leave out last year. The fact of the matter is reggie has played in every game. While DT has been hurt for two. They both have lost 2 fumbles. DT impresses you? seriously? lamarr miller can't even sniff the field, and in roughly half as many carries, he only has 68 yards less rushing. To my original point, reggie had 7 total tds last year, to DT's 1. So yea, reggie puts points on the board. Hilarious, is the last word I would use to describe it.

So your view pf Reggoe putting up points and DT rarely sniffs the endzone is hilariously wrong.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

He also gets more short yardage situations.
Lately, it's been a pretty fair split with lane and DT. and neither can seem to get a 1st down on 3rd and short the last few weeks.

Reggie never sees short yardage situations hence his higher ypc.

Is there an unwritten rule I dont' know about that mean short yardage situations mean a RB can't gain more the line to get? If DT runs for 8 yards, on 3rd and 1, do we just disregard it since he had a good ypc when he only needed one yard? what kind of sense is that supposed to make.

Whe the running back gets his # called, he goes out to do a job. Far be it of me, to think they should be trying to get maximum yards per carry instead of whateve the situation dictates.

I will do a little digging into situational stats... seems to me we should leave reggie in the game more in short yardage situations.

reggie has rushed for double the amount of first downs than DT, when all situations combined. I 'd have to take more time to break it down by short yardage.

well that didn't take long.

according to yahoosports situational statistics...

it breaks down like this...

REggie bush:
1down and less than 3 yards to go... no attempts
2nd down and less than 3 yards to go 5 attempts, 23 yards, 4.6 ypc, no touchdowns. I would read this a first down every attempt.
3rd down and less than 3 yards to go 5 attempts, 20 yards, 4.0ypc, 1 touchdown... i would also read this as a first down every time.
4th down.. no attempts.

DT:
1st and less than 3.. 1 attempt, -1 yard, -1 ypc no touchdowns.
2nd and less than 3, 2 attempts, 4 yards, 2.0 ypc no touchdowns.
3rd and less than 3, 6 attempts, 4 yards, .7ypc, 1 touchdown
4th down.. no attempts.

unless I am not understanding something, short yardage situations break down 10 attempts for reggie total to 9 attempts to DT total.
5 for reggie on the money down, and 6 for daniel thomas.

So even for a ground and pound guy in DT, it would seem to me reggie is outperforming him in short yardage situations, something DT should easily have an upper hand at.

So by my count, reggie puts the ball in the endzone more, and at the very least, performs the same as DT in short yardage situations. Unless of course yahoosports dropped the ball on their stats, in which case I just wasted 9 minutes.

It took a while but Joe Philbin has lived up to my posted preseason expectation of using Reggie Bush poorly, and making Bush look worse than he is, the Sean Payton method.

Bush is an I formation tailback who needs to be featured often. The more he gets the ball the harder and more basic he runs. If you overreact to a handful of dance steps you are breathtakingly ignorant, and might even have pulled him from the game at Buffalo last year, when Reggie did nothing early before exploding to an awesome game.

The posters who denounce Reggie will be wrong again, on merit.

Yeah, what does that Sean Payton guy know about football? Look at how well the Saints have done without him and you can see how incompetent he is.

The only time Reggie has had success in this league was in the second half of the year for a team that become a vertical, spread passing team that was clicking on all cylinders in the passing game and were able to give him carries in space because of that. And while he was getting some 20 carries a game, he also got hurt and missed the last game of the year (and may have missed a couple more if it hadn't been the end of the year), which didn't exactly go against the fragile label.

Is there an unwritten rule I dont' know about that mean short yardage situations mean a RB can't gain more the line to get? If DT runs for 8 yards, on 3rd and 1, do we just disregard it since he had a good ypc when he only needed one yard? what kind of sense is that supposed to make.

Whe the running back gets his # called, he goes out to do a job. Far be it of me, to think they should be trying to get maximum yards per carry instead of whateve the situation dictates.

I will do a little digging into situational stats... seems to me we should leave reggie in the game more in short yardage situations.

reggie has rushed for double the amount of first downs than DT, when all situations combined. I 'd have to take more time to break it down by short yardage.

Sure, DT can hypothetically gain just as many yards as Reggie in a short yardage situation, but he's doing it against extra d-lineman, 8 and 9 man fronts, in situations where everyone knows to focus on him, running plays that are designed and called for the relative certainty of getting the one or two yards needed instead of the potential for large gains. And of course, this doesn't include goalline carries for Thomas, where he literally can only gain one or two yards no matter how well he runs.

I mean, Tannehill could get a TD pass by throwing the ball 5 yards and having the receiver break 10 tackles on the way to the end zone, but he's probably more likely to get a TD pass if he throws the ball to a receiver in the end zone.

Mankins...$7 million
Connolly..$2.3 mil
Solder.....$1.9 mil
Wendell...$950k
Cannon...$531k
Aiken......$465k
Thomas...$750k
McDonald..$540k

Ok sure we'll just let him walk. Now which position do we do without in the next draft to replace him? That #1 CB everyone is clamoring for? Maybe that immediate impact pass rusher that we need? I know we'll do without that #1 receiver because we cut a perfectly servicable (and perhaps more if he gets back to something approaching his previous form) and now have to use our #1 or one of our #2's to replace him with a rookie that may or may not even play at Long's 2012 level.

What? We can fill one of those spots with a FA? Yeah with Ireland's track record in free agency, I don't trust him to find one of those positions of need.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

There is no room for truth on the internet miamiron. Plus, when was the last time the Pats won the Superbowl, geez.

We're not the Pats and no one in this front office is as good at evaluating talent as the Pats' front office is.

Ok sure we'll just let him walk. Now which position do we do without in the next draft to replace him? That #1 CB everyone is clamoring for? Maybe that immediate impact pass rusher that we need? I know we'll do without that #1 receiver because we cut a perfectly servicable (and perhaps more if he gets back to something approaching his previous form) and now have to use our #1 or one of our #2's to replace him with a rookie that may or may not even play at Long's 2012 level.

What? We can fill one of those spots with a FA? Yeah with Ireland's track record in free agency, I don't trust him to find one of those positions of need.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

We're not the Pats and no one in this front office is as good at evaluating talent as the Pats' front office is.
Seriously?? The pats are one of the worst drafting teams there is.

There is no way Ireland is getting out of this mess without at least half of this board going ballistic. It would be a feat but its possible he could piss everybody off.

Back
Top Bottom