Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

Yeah, the sidelines will definitely miss him. He's chock full of talent when he's actually on the field...until he stubs his toe. Then it's game over. We need a back that can consistently produce.

I liked the pick up, but this year he's gotten on my nerves. When he's on his game, he's a serious threat. Unfortunately, defenses know what they need to do to knock him off his game, which is extremely easy to do. I'm tired of seeing him on the sideline nursing some minor injury and I'm tired of the fumbles. I'm tired of how easily he's taken completely out of the game either by minor injury or stopping him a couple of times early in the game.

The fact that he's our biggest playmaker on offense is just an example of the sad state of this offense. We need consistency, and he's far from that. He also plays a position that any GM worth his salt can replace easily.

yep. Never should pay a rb top dollar or draft one in the first round unless your getting Adrian Peterson type talent.

Im guessing thats why ireland drafted miller to replace him.. oh well dont mind it

who really knows all this is just said in the air.

i didnt really like what i saw from miller yesterday he seemed like he was running in circles and kept slipping.

Hartline will more then likely be the most likeliest back imo.

We should give Jake Long Peyton Manning type money foolish Broncos you build around the left tackle!

Win. But, dont tell this to all of the people with Bush jerseys who get all their football from highlight shows and youtube.

When he's on his game, he's a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Unfortunately, that also masks his glaring deficiencies and he's only on his game until he takes his first solid hit of the game. Then it's on to next week for him.

Bush gone? Im stunned. /sarcasm

Starks and Hartline are keepers. Sean Smith, as poorly as he plays sometimes is not exactly the worst corner in the league. He is worth keeping for the right price. He is not exactly a player that would be easily replaceable.

OMG! NO!

That piece of crap is so unathletic and lazy in the head. Football requires a strong head. He is soft.

This is prudent. All are guys that can be solid contributing parts to a good team, but none, with the possible exception of Starks, can be a top player on a good team. See what their market is. If you can keep them at a reasonable price, you do it. If not, it's not like they are irreplaceable.

Jesus if Thomas is our rb next year goodluck to them.

Theyll realize 7 games in that he sucks and the usual "they'll look to upgrade the position" crap so that's another 2 yrs away.

Bush gone? Im stunned. /sarcasm

Starks and Hartline are keepers. Sean Smith, as poorly as he plays sometimes is not exactly the worst corner in the league. He is worth keeping for the right price. He is not exactly a player that would be easily replaceable.

I think it would be easy, to replace Sean Smith. He just doesn't have the winning attitude. The guy is soft, and doesn't like to tackle. I would trade him, for a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick.

We'd be crazy to not try and bring back Hartline. Starks should at least get some discussion but I'm honestly not sure if we can accord him. We can talk money with Jake Long and if some team is willing to overpay, which they probably will, you just have to let him go. Average corners often switch teams, so I won't be surprised to see Smith in another uniform and an under the radar FA brought in to replace him. Fasano will get a gold star for participating. Bush won't be brought back.

Time will tell whether this is a good thing or not, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions that the Dolphins have already made any decisions. I would expect most of them back, but none are irreplacable. I'd be shocked to see Jake Long let go because good LT's are insanely hard to find, and despite this season, Jake Long is a top LT with several very good years under his belt and a lot of years ahead. These FA's represent Ireland success stories (Long and Hartline are examples of good draft picks, while Starks and Bush are examples of good acquisitions outside of the draft). Ireland needs as many of those guys around as possible.

Back
Top Bottom