Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

Maybe we'll pull a trade like the marlins did and trade 5 of our players for 7 of another team.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Sure, DT can hypothetically gain just as many yards as Reggie in a short yardage situation, but he's doing it against extra d-lineman, 8 and 9 man fronts, in situations where everyone knows to focus on him, running plays that are designed and called for the relative certainty of getting the one or two yards needed instead of the potential for large gains. And of course, this doesn't include goalline carries for Thomas, where he literally can only gain one or two yards no matter how well he runs.

I mean, Tannehill could get a TD pass by throwing the ball 5 yards and having the receiver break 10 tackles on the way to the end zone, but he's probably more likely to get a TD pass if he throws the ball to a receiver in the end zone.

I just broke it all down. The short yardage carries are virtually the same between the two backs. Thus disputing any theory that dt is limited in his production due to the short yardage argument.

The thing is, we should re-sign Long, Hartline, Starks, Fasano and Bush. At reasonable prices that is...

For all I'm hearing Bush and Long will want elite money and they are not worth it IMO so let them walk.

The only thing that scares me is that I think Ireland will do whatever it takes to keep Long and that's not a good thing. He is not elite anymore, but hey, we an always draft another lineman with our fist pick... SMH

Reggie Bush is a situational mismatch, not an every down back.

I think we HAVE to sign Starks and Smith, even if Smith isnt playing great as of late, he is still our best CB and from what we saw from Marshall, he isnt too good. We cant make more holes in our secondary. Hartline would be nice to have, along with a true #1, but not if he is demanding too much money. Starks has to come back as he is one of the leaders on def and the reason our run D is so good. Long is a toss up because he is still a dominant LT, but he cant demand too much money because we dont NEED a top 3 LT. The top 3 LTs are on garbage teams, and the top teams dont have top LT, just solid Olines. If you can honestly name the top 3 teams (Houston, ATL, and Chicago) and name thier starting LT....the best teams dont have big name Linemen, just some good players who do their job and protect the QB. He would be nice to have, but we dont NEED Long. Plus Id rather use that money to sign more offensive weapons like a TE or WR.

Too bad we don't have multiple franchise tags so we can just franchise tag everybody. God forbid we let any players go, no matter how bad they're playing. Once they're in aqua and orange, they should be untouchable. Letting them walk would create "holes." If only there were ways of filling those "holes" (no, not those kind Filthy), you know, say a "draft" or "free agency;" places where a team might "upgrade" a position.

Smith is a scrub and Bush is the fumble king. I think Miller can do just as good of job or better then Bush. Long has looked like crap. I say resign none of them and keep Starks. Least he is trying.

Seriously?? The pats are one of the worst drafting teams there is.
Perception is greater than reality I guess. SCOTTY is right, Pats are not good at the draft.

If you looked through my post from a few weeks ago you'll notice they have drafted the most players from 2006-2010 and more than half of them are no longer in the NFL, less than 30% of them are still on the team. Pats are good at free agency...not so good at the draft.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...006-2010)-Conclusions-and-more&highlight=2006

Imo i would draft cb round 1 and move sean smith to fs. He has the size to play there. This way it allows him to watch the qb eyes and make plays on the ball since he cant turn his head at the cb position. So we got round 1 cb and carroll on the boundary and have marshall in the slot or vice versa with carroll and marshall.

So... you don't know anything about football? LOL, take a look at their draft record over the last 5 years. It's so hilarious how unknowledgable fan such as yourself automatically assume the Pats are awesome talent evaluators simply because they are the Pats. That's what is truely laughable.

Perception is greater than reality I guess. SCOTTY is right, Pats are not good at the draft.

If you looked through my post from a few weeks ago you'll notice they have drafted the most players from 2006-2010 and more than half of them are no longer in the NFL, less than 30% of them are still on the team. Pats are good at free agency...not so good at the draft.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...006-2010)-Conclusions-and-more&highlight=2006

It is very difficult for draft picks to stick on a team that has been OUTSTANDING from 2006-2010
The Patriots had a record of 63-17 during that time period
While we had a record of 32-48 over the same time frame
Which team should have had more draft picks stick...A great team of a crappy team?

2006 we have 0 players left on the team out of 5 drafted

2007 we have 2 players left on this team out of 10 players drafted

We came off of a 1-15 season with a terrible team headed into the draft where we should
have drafted the nucleus of this team for years instead we have ONE player left out of 9 draft picks still on the team

Just those 3 years we have 3 draft picks on this team out of 24 picks ..a 12.5% success rate

I just said this in another thread.

Resign, Starks, Hartline, Smith, Long and Fasano. We need all of these guys back. Smith unless he wants to top 5 money should come back. Corners are a need in this league even if they allow Tds every game. Hartline is a solid number 2. Starks is a beast. Long is an above average LT in this league and they get paid. Posting the Pats salaries lets see what Vollmer gets paid this offsesason I bet around 7-8 million as well. If we can get Long at 10mil we take it. The nice thing about Long and Smith is they aren't playing perfect which should allow us to sign them maybe a little lower than market and not create more holes and take and even bigger step backwards next year. Long may not be playing up to what all you want but do we know how bad or good the new LT would be? Devil you know... Bush I also believe would come back on a reasonable deal. These guys should all come back at reasonable deals other than maybe Starks. Even then I think we should bring him back.

Seriously?? The pats are one of the worst drafting teams there is.

I didn't say they were a good drafting team. I just said that our FO isn't as good as their FO at evaluating talent. The Pats have whiffed on plenty of talent. We've wiffed on more, IMO.

I didn't say they were a good drafting team. I just said that our FO isn't as good as their FO at evaluating talent. The Pats have whiffed on plenty of talent. We've wiffed on more, IMO.

The draft is what demonstrates a teams ability to evalute talent. They are one in the same. And I have to disagree that we have whiffed on more then the Pats. Of the players selected, we hit on more starters and players that remain in NFL after leaving drafting team than the Pats. Compare the two - use datruth55 link to his older post. The saving grace for the Pats is a 6th round flier that brought them 3 rings. This allows many fans to overlook just how bad the Pats are at evaluating talent.

If we do not re-sign Jake Long, why did we not trade him?

I am a big fan of Jake Long, but I also do not want to overpay. If Philbin believes like most do he will not be a top 5 LT in a zone blocking scheme, IMO we will have to let him go.

Back
Top Bottom