Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

You can go with dark brown or oxblood, but need to go with a darker tie.

The whole setup is too dark for brown shoes. They could work, but it's not really ideal.

You could but brown shoes have never been my style.

This year as a holiday gift to myself, I think I will finally break down and buy the Salvatore Ferragamo alligator skin loafers that I've been wanting.
If we're talking personal style, I'd never buy that grey suit he's wearing unless I was planning on being in a vodka commercial.

Love those shoes though.

The whole setup is too dark for brown shoes. They could work, but it's not really ideal.

I was referring to JCane's set up with a white shirt. Nothing on Earth works with a grey suit and black shirt except a big trench coat to cover it all up.

And really, who wears a vest anymore? It's a major fashion faux pas.

A properly tailored vest certainly isn't, in the right setting of course. I'd never wear one to work, but I sometimes wear three-piece suits to galas, weddings, etc.; particularly in the winter.

This is quickly becoming the most informative thread on FH. College kids should take notes, unless they're majoring in art history.

Starks not a "must re-sign"? Didnt he just make the pro-bowl?

This reeks of another Benny Sapp/Legedu Naanee situation. Getting rid of a productive player to let an "Ireland guy" step in. Hopefully they are just getting the "easy" negotiations out of the way before the tough one.
I don't know any details about on-going negotiations, but it's clear that Jeff Ireland is handling them as special cases not necessarily as top priorities.

Hartline and Clemons were drafted by Miami Dolphins and have more value to this team that any other in the league.
Happens everywhere, players have love for the community and the team that drafted them. That goes to the extreme that given the case, several guys opt to retire before moving elsewhere.
So Ireland should be using that, appealing to their colors asking for home-discount.

Let's say Ireland is going from easy cases to hard one. So after dealing with Hartline & Clemons, he'll focus on other free agents, Randy Starks included.

A properly tailored vest certainly isn't, in the right setting of course. I'd never wear one to work, but I sometimes wear three-piece suits to galas, weddings, etc.; particularly in the winter.

This is quickly becoming the most informative thread on FH. College kids should take notes, unless they're majoring in art history.
I actually was just talking about what Hartline was trying to pull off as being one.

I think this thread has potential.

What were they worth a year ago? That's the way I would look at it. I'm not a big believer in trajectory, particularly in regard to marginal talent. It's like an NFL team that wins 6 games one season, then 9 the next. The public wants to believe 10 or higher is the next destination when actually the reverse is true, a natural bounce in the other direction. I'd argue the same holds true of Reshad Jones, and what his reputation will be a year from now.

An NFL general manager should evaluate the free agent worth of every player on his roster after every season. And then refer back to those numbers when the player's contract is up. You don't want to write down $2 million, 3 million and then pay 5 million when the decision has to be made. That's the steady leak that I refer to once in a while. Do the right thing and it's remarkable how the results fall in your favor.

Jake Long, now he's the candidate to bounce upward. Unfortunately the contract demands are already upward, under the impression he never left his old perch. That's the sticky debate. I'd make sure his health is fully checked, and by multiple sources, before assigning a number.

Yes, let us release our best receiver and one of the few decent pieces in our secondary. Never change, FinHeaven.

Clemons would be a backup on at least half the teams in the NFL. He makes ZERO big plays, takes bad angles to the ball all the time and this isn't even mentioning his shoddly tackling. Why are we so gung-ho on resigning him??!!

Cm'on brother...I'm not going to cuss you out like some people have on these repeated threads...but just look for 2 seconds, these Hartline threads are every where. There is no need to spam the forum with another Hartline thread.

Edit: This post was directed to the poster above me who made another Hartline thread, not at the OP of this thread. An admin moved the thread and my comment onto this one....Ignore this lol.

Back
Top Bottom