Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

I'm not surprised by the fact that we will try hard to resign Hartline but a bit surprised by the Clemons news. Although if he wants to sign somewhere around 3M$, he may be a pretty good option at FS.

Hartline is the perfect #2 receiver, he knows the system and he's productive + young and dedicated. Add a Wallace or a Jennings and we'll feature a pretty solid trio with Bess.

I wonder if they'll try to sign Smith too, our CB situation will become nightmarish pretty quickly now that Milliner is clearly out of reach at 12...
During an interview in the week before Superbowl, Deion Sanders said Dolphins have one of the best safety tandems in the league.

Check this source that agrees about it.

Sean Smith is a situation corner back, he's fine covering tall physical receivers, but guesses too much and fails covering quick route receivers.
In the market his value at the spot is less than a half of the price tag that his agent is asking for ($8-10 millions).
But of course, a desperate team looking to stop top physical receivers like Julio Jones or A.J. Green could throw a 6 million offer.

LOL. Nice attempt at a cheap shot. You mean someone was wrong about a 4th round pick? Whaaaaa? That's NEVER happened before! So strange...

Sorry Ck, your going to have to answer for your mistakes. I mean, missing on a 4th round pick is horrible and you should be publically held accountable....

oh wait a second, Ireland drafted Shawn Murphy, A.J. Edds, and Clyde Gates?

Yeah, nevermind, just blame Parcells and Sparano.

Sorry Ck, your going to have to answer for your mistakes. I mean, missing on a 4th round pick is horrible and you should be publically held accountable....

oh wait a second, Ireland drafted Shawn Murphy, A.J. Edds, and Clyde Gates?

Yeah, nevermind, just blame Parcells and Sparano.

LOL. I totally blame Bill Parcells for my being wrong about Brian Hartline coming out of the 4th round of the Draft. Clearly his fault.

Several months ago I made a post in an attempt to break down the salaries of the Dolphin's F/A's and was laughed at and bashed for penciling in Hartline for around $5m-$6m. Hartline is the epitome of the WCO and going into training camp most Finheaven posters figured he wold flourish in the system. Now that Hartline has asked for $7m-$8m for is effort in 2012 and his apparent perfect marriage for the WCO, it seems like most posters here are not willing to accept Hartline as a possible $7m starting WR. This is a business and from a business standpoint, Miami needs to keep the players who have contributed on a regular basis on Sunday's. While I understand Hartline doesn't score TD's, he does make plays between the goal lines, which is a just as important. He's a self made player and a warrior, who I would love to see finish his career wearing the Aqua and Orange of the Miami Dolphin's. We fans all realize Miami needs that speedster or game breaking WR, but why should it come at the expense of Hartline? IF you couple or team Hartline with possibly Jennings, Wallace, Patterson, Patton or Wheaton, doesn't that make Miami that much more dangerous than without? I'm not convinced Hartline will get $7m-$8m, but if he does, god bless him and let him just do what he does best. He is the most sneakiest, deceptive WR I've seen in all my years as a Dolphins fan; he gets open enough in spite of his lack of game breaking speed.

Hartline is great news. He has already formed some chemistry with Tannehill, so why mess that up?

hartline goes into the negotiation room,
hartline: "I wish I had a dime for every time I fell down as soon as I caught the ball..."
Ireland: "did you just ask for a 6 million dollar contract?"

2013 Miami Dolphins Mock Off-Season

F/A Signings- WRs:Greg Jennings, Brian Hartline; DE: Michael Bennett; RB: Mike Goodson; TE: Jared Cook; CB: Chris Houston; S: Chris Clemons

Mock Draft

1. WR: Cordarelle Patterson -Tennessee
2. CB: Xavier Rhodes -Florida St.
2. OT: Kyle Long -Oregon
3. C/G/T: David Quessenberry -San Jose St.
3. S/CB: Tyrann Mathieu -LSU
4. OLB: Jamie Collins - So. Miss
5. RB: Marcus Lattimore- SC State
7. G: Anthony Steen- Alabama
7. OLB: Kenny Tate- Maryland

i approve this message :up:

I have to applaud you CK, at least you are consistent. I remember you giving the Dolphins a "F" grade for the Brian Hartline pick in your draft recap in 2009 and blasted him for being too "gangsta" for the team. Not surprised that you still don't like him even after a 1,000 yard season, after all you projected him as a special teams player in the NFL.

And I have to applaud you, sir. I remember you talking up what a great coach Tony Sparano was and how he clearly had the locker room in his control heading into the 2011 season, how Chad Henne was clearly a very different and a lot better quarterback, etc. It's not surprising that you would continue to take up an argumentative position that laps up whatever the current front office/coaching staff is spooning you.

Give me Jennings, Hartline, Bess and Matthews and draft the speed guy in round 2 or 3 (because he won't have to be that well-rounded, just freakin' fast!) and we'll make defensive coordinator's heads spin, especially if we had a guy like Finley running around, who would demand safety help, make the other team almost have to line up in nickel coverage, and then we could run it down their throats.

Hartline? Maaaaaaaan, Nooooooooooo!
I hope it's not anywhere close to what his reported asking price is.
Please God no. Lol.

Clemons should be a bargain buy. Lock him up asap.

If people are going to bring up past predictions in an attempt to negate an opinion, they better be ready to defend their own past predictions...

If people are going to bring up past predictions in an attempt to negate an opinion, they better be ready to defend their own past predictions...

I approve this message :up:

Though personally I don't think people should engage in such pettiness period. But when someone does target another poster in such a petty manner, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

And I have to applaud you, sir. I remember you talking up what a great coach Tony Sparano was and how he clearly had the locker room in his control heading into the 2011 season, how Chad Henne was clearly a very different and a lot better quarterback, etc. It's not surprising that you would continue to take up an argumentative position that laps up whatever the current front office/coaching staff is spooning you.
Irrelevant to this thread. This thread was about Hartline. Please stay on topic.

Irrelevant to this thread. This thread was about Hartline. Please stay on topic.

Let me clarify as to why it's on topic. You have an opinion that Brian Hartline (currently a Dolphin, rumored to be hot and heavy in negotiations to remain a Dolphin) is a very good player worth the price of re-signing. This opinion of yours is consistent with your past history of approval/defense of whoever happens to be in charge of the Dolphins at the time, and/or playing for the Dolphins at the time, be it Tony Sparano and/or Chad Henne, etc. Therefore your opinion of Brian Hartline should be viewed within this context. This is about Brian Hartline.

Exactly.

ckparrothead said:
Let me clarify as to why it's on topic. You have an opinion that Brian Hartline (currently a Dolphin, rumored to be hot and heavy in negotiations to remain a Dolphin) is a very good player worth the price of re-signing. This opinion of yours is consistent with your past history of approval/defense of whoever happens to be in charge of the Dolphins at the time, and/or playing for the Dolphins at the time, be it Tony Sparano and/or Chad Henne, etc. Therefore your opinion of Brian Hartline should be viewed within this context. This is about Brian Hartline.

Also, exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom