Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

Sorry but Clemons is in no way, shape or form the best Safety in the nfl. I don't care what dumb stats you can come up with
No one said he was the best safety, but he is the best safety at not allowing big plays according to that statistic and without any context provided.

I don't see why we need a playmaker, or how that is even possible, at every position. Sometimes guys that go out there and do their job day in and day out are invaluable to the team. Yeah they might not get the fantasy stats, but they do their job. Clemons is that guy. He goes out there and gets everybody lined up. He doesn't allow many big plays, and he rarely makes mental mistakes. You don't just let a guy like that walk because you think that you might be able to maybe sign someone who can provide a big play every now and then, but lacks in the consistent play.

TL;DR Consistently above-average/good does not need to be upgraded when there are other holes to fill. If we are able to get a pro-bowl player at every other position, we can then upgrade Chris Clemons.

Apparently he is when it comes to protecting the end zone.
Yeah but that's such a meaningless stat when you have scrub corners like we have. Of course he's not going to allow as many first downs and TD's when our corners get toasted all day. Meaningless!

No one said he was the best safety, but he is the best safety at not allowing big plays according to that statistic and without any context provided.

I don't see why we need a playmaker, or how that is even possible, at every position. Sometimes guys that go out there and do their job day in and day out are invaluable to the team. Yeah they might not get the fantasy stats, but they do their job. Clemons is that guy. He goes out there and gets everybody lined up. He doesn't allow many big plays, and he rarely makes mental mistakes. You don't just let a guy like that walk because you think that you might be able to maybe sign someone who can provide a big play every now and then, but lacks in the consistent play.

TL;DR Consistently above-average/good does not need to be upgraded when there are other holes to fill. If we are able to get a pro-bowl player at every other position, we can then upgrade Chris Clemons.
Yeah I hear you. I don't think we need an upgrade over him either but I did misread the previous post.

Add facts.

Thanks.
Fact- if a corner gets beat often for first downs and TD's, a safety is less likely to be credited with giving up first downs and td's. Anything else?

Oh yeah...Sean Smith, who lines up on the same side of the field as Clemons, was the most targeted corner in the league last year...fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I hear you. I don't think we need an upgrade over him either but I did misread the previous post.
Only the first part was directed to you. I just had to go on a little spiel there.

Philbin liked Hartline alot last year in the info I read last year so from that perspective it makes sense that they are trying to resign him. Clemons is cheap or should be and resigning him is like insurance and fills a hole until we find better talent. Fasano is next guybup is my best guess as he should be affordable to. I would love to sign Bush, Starks, Smith, Long and Moore too but let's work our way down the FA ladder starting with the cheaper to the more expensive. Let't face it there is only so much FA money to go around and the higher priced outer FA are the more competition they have on the FA market. Interesting of this group except for Starks spent some time hurt last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we're signing the two players we should let go of the most. Jeff Ireland you are becoming predictable.

This kind of puts a nail on the coffin of a Cordarrelle Patterson selection at #12. But this also now leads me to think we are "not" actually going to be pursuing Jennings as it has been expected. If we are going to re-sign our possession receiver, Hartline. This would lead me to believe that we are going to then target Mike Wallace as the complimentary "deepthreat" then. And then maybe draft a "bigger" type in the 2nd or 3rd round to round out the WR group. I find it hard to picture Hartline and Jennings opposite each other if they seem to be the same type of player. Am I missing it here?

These two would be good resigns IMO. Both bring stability and youth and good play. Now it also depends if they can resign at the right prices.

The two I have the least interest in. Hah. At least they're consistent.

Haha... read my comment on pg 4.

They're being so incompetent that I'm starting to think they want to move the team to another city.

I don't want Hartline or Bess back...I'm tired of average WR's. Where are Duper and Clayton when you need them?

I feel the same way, but hey. We aren't calling the shots. And I know we've been throwing Hartline under the bus for lacking in the TD department, but I'm sure that can be a good possession guy opposite Mike Wallace. So it's not the end of the world or anything. They likely are looking at the draft and realizing that we have better value at DE at 12 then we would at 42 and are doing the math that we are going to have to have our two starting WRs signed as "veterans" prior to the draft and then maybe add one rookie draft pick with playmaking speed in the mid rounds to develop behind them...

Great, bring back 2 players that dont make plays. Fits this regime quite well.

Hartline had 1000 yards becuase he was targeted almost 80% of the damn time on a passing play, he better have that many yards being targetted taht often. TD? 1.

CLemons, cant hit, can't tackle, can't catch. Great, deserves an extension for consistently being useless.

2013 already starting on a ****ty note.

And for those that have ANY HOPE or FAITH in us adding playmakers, i will put $20 down rght now that if we resign Hartline we will only add 1 more WR becuase they believe Hartline is a good WR. Who wants to bet that we won't add 2 WR if hartline is resigned at an outrageous price of probably 6mill a year.

I'll take that bet. You can pay my VIP membership when you lose.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom