Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

Tha was just for allowing 1st downs and TD's. He was the #24 ranked safety overall. I am ok at bringing him back cheap as he is solid and doesn't give up the big play, but he doesn't really make any plays either. He plays technically sound but has very little instincts. They may not need to upgrade right now if they bring him back but they will need to very soon.

I am completely on board with resigning Clemons, he may not create the most plays on the ball, but he definitely protected the end zone. This team has too many needs at key positions at WR, CB, DE, TE and OT to invest in another safety right now. Clemons is a fantastic option right now as he won't demand a big paycheck, I think this is a great move.

I'm good with them bringing back Clemons. I don't think his price tag will be too high and we can always draft a safety in the middle rounds. Clemons had a very solid year. Yeah, he wasn't a "playmaker" but he wasn't a liability either. Am i the only one that remembers Gibril Wilson? We have to fill in quite a few spots in our lineup and they can't all be Pro Bowlers. I'd much rather spend the big dollars on other positions.

Actually Hartline was targeted 25.4% of the time on passing plays. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your rants.

How many catches do players outside of Bess and Hartline have?

Thanks. Point being, as i said before, I shouldn't spoon feed everything but apparently my audience needs that.

If we had a normal 3rd WR you think hartline would have his 1000 yards? So as usual, someone produces with ZERO WR next to him and during a contract year we splash the cash and then when they fail to put the same numbers up we cuss the man out for being pathetic when it actuality he is what he is, an average player.

Same way Smith wants 43 mill because he is tall and long and that makes him rare but his entire game is utterly pathetic.

I can see Hartline and Starks ..but Clemons??!! Is Ireland smoking something? Clemons sucks big time. He never makes a play, is a poor tackler and takes poor angles all the damn time.

I'll take that bet. You can pay my VIP membership when you lose.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

By 2 WR I mean TOP WR, not players after round 3 and no FA bs like NaNaee. I am tlaking about pure gamers not bums.

$20 bet says if we get Hartline, we will drft a WR in the 1st round or sign someone like Wallace or jennings, we wont sign another GOOD WR or draft ANOTHER one with our 1st.

You are telling me you can see Miami pay hartline 6mill a year, Jennings 8 mill a year, than draft Patterson at 1? HAHAHAH OKAY BUDDY.

The two I have the least interest in. Hah. At least they're consistent.

Consistently not the type of players you find starting on Super Bowl contenders. I agree. :lol:

Oh, well. Who could expect different, after five years? I laugh that I do not weep. Then I weep. Then I drink.

I can see Hartline and Starks ..but Clemons??!! Is Ireland smoking something? Clemons sucks big time. He never makes a play, is a poor tackler and takes poor angles all the damn time.

lol he does not suck at all

Resignign these 2 players reminds me of when some fans wanted to pay hadnot or whatever that idiot G name was 5-6 mill a year but we didn't THANKFULLY and now where is he?

Do you guys even remember the amount of $ and contract we had given players on that roster during that era? I remember at least 5 players taht were making almost 3-5x times what htey deserved than Parcells came and cut them all and they haven't played a down in the NFL since.

Now I am not saying Clemons and Hartline will end up like that, what i am saying is they do NOT Warrant 3mill to clemons and 6 mill to hartline. I think at least 2 INT in yoru season is required to at least get $3 mill for crying out loud and at least more tahn 1 TD, but hey, WE ARE MIAMI SB BOUND WITH 43 mill and 5 picks !! YE-HAWWWW

SR-7, don't you think it's possible that adding another weapon would open the game up for Hartline even more? How good was our offense? Didn't it stall a lot? Didn't the other team know to key-in on Hartline? Wasn't our defense on the field a lot of the time?

Adding another weapon allows our quarterback to spread the ball around more and keep the drives going longer. In case you forgot, we were a bad offense, and not because of Hartline... if we didn't have Hartline, we would have been worse. By adding another great WR, we can hopefully improve on offense, have longer drives, more offensive plays, more offensive throws, more offensive yards and Hartline can continue to put up 800+ yards as a complementary guy - is that too much of a reach for you?

That's simple to me.

SR-7, don't you think it's possible that adding another weapon would open the game up for Hartline even more? How good was our offense? Didn't it stall a lot? Didn't the other team know to key-in on Hartline? Wasn't our defense on the field a lot of the time?

Adding another weapon allows our quarterback to spread the ball around more and keep the drives going longer. In case you forgot, we were a bad offense, and not because of Hartline... if we didn't have Hartline, we would have been worse. By adding another great WR, we can hopefully improve on offense, have longer drives, more offensive plays, more offensive throws, more offensive yards and Hartline can continue to put up 800+ yards as a complementary guy - is that too much of a reach for you?

That's simple to me.
sigh, there is a toxic feeling about this team that is hard to overcome even with reasoned and well thought out debate.

Agree on Hartline. He's not a guy that's going to score many touchdowns, but he will move the chains and is reliable. I thought he did a good job this year considering he went up against the other teams top corner. I think Clemons is still ascending a bit so I can see that. I'm for letting Smith walk, however. I just don't see a consistently good corner in Smith. Good corners will be hard to find in free agency so I think that will put a huge, huge emphasis on finding two starters in the draft.

Hmmm. This sounds like familiar territory. Anyone say Davis, smith

How many catches do players outside of Bess and Hartline have?

Thanks. Point being, as i said before, I shouldn't spoon feed everything but apparently my audience needs that.

If we had a normal 3rd WR you think hartline would have his 1000 yards? So as usual, someone produces with ZERO WR next to him and during a contract year we splash the cash and then when they fail to put the same numbers up we cuss the man out for being pathetic when it actuality he is what he is, an average player.

Same way Smith wants 43 mill because he is tall and long and that makes him rare but his entire game is utterly pathetic.
Your post said Hartline was "targeted" 80% of the time in passing plays. After I discredited that statement now you come back again trying to alter what you said to include Bess and now only catches. You don't need to spoon feed anything, just try and get some of your facts right.

Consistently not the type of players you find starting on Super Bowl contenders. I agree. :lol:

Oh, well. Who could expect different, after five years? I laugh that I do not weep. Then I weep. Then I drink.
might work better if you drink first. then when you weep you at least can blame the beer.

It's really unfair to label Hartline as #3 as some of you see him. Teams simply had to shift their focus on Hartline. Who else has half the talent he has on the roster? Bess? The guy is clearly a #3 slot receiver yet we had no choice but to put him as #2. Hartline has better speed than most people perceive he has and not to mention has great hands. Fins need to make it a priority to resign him and obviously bring more talent at WR position. IMO- Hartline is definitely a starting WR in this league and can will actually put up better stats with someone better starting next to him.

Back
Top Bottom