Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will already be on the roads on Thursday out of here. Can't have a football game tying up traffic.
50K compared to how many? Roads are going to be busy as it is. If that's a concern, move it to Jacksonville for Thurday afternoon.

Your only talking less than 50K people at most. That's not a major

50K compared to how many? Roads are going to be busy as it is. If that's a concern, move it to Jacksonville for Thurday afternoon.

Dude, the roads would be an absolute **** show with people evacuating and then other people going to a football game. It's just not logistically feasible.

Utter bullshit to move it to the bye week. Sacrifice your bottom line and move the game up to Thursday afternoon. Gives time for anyone attending to complete preparations and leave the area. The NFL isn't thinking about Miami having to play in London as well as 16 straight weeks.

With all due respect . . . you're wrong. You can't hold a game Thursday night and expect millions to be able to prepare and evacuate on time. It's not logistically possible.

Houston was caught off guard by the quick development of Harvey and they couldn't get people out in time due to overwhelming traffic. We have a heads up on the matter and we need appropriate action now; not later for a stupid ****ing football game.

If the game was moved to Week 11, keep in mind they play at Carolina on MNF the week before and are at NE Week 12. Short rest after Carolina and no bye week to prepare for NE.

From a football perspective **** our lives.

NFL is taking to long. Just move the game Thursday and get it done with. They're definitely overthinking it, But most importantly I wish everyone the best thats gonna wait out that storm. But from a football standpoint. Tampa Bay and Miami wanna play Thursday. So do it. They don't wanna play 16 straight games

The NFL wants to protect its golden children - the Cheatriots - and does not want to schedule a 2nd game on Thurs. night which may in any way take ratings/viewers away from their opener......if it was the other way around, I'm sure there'd be no delay or issue in moving the game based on Kraft's/Patriots wishes.

Dude, the roads would be an absolute **** show with people evacuating and then other people going to a football game. It's just not logistically feasible.
Then move the game to a neutral site. Its not like that hasn't been done in the past.

With all due respect . . . you're wrong. You can't hold a game Thursday night and expect millions to be able to prepare and evacuate on time. It's not logistically possible.

Houston was caught off guard by the quick development of Harvey and they couldn't get people out in time due to overwhelming traffic. We have a heads up on the matter and we need appropriate action now; not later for a stupid ****ing football game.
Houston chose not to evacuate because of the amount of heat related deaths of people stuck in traffic they had when they went through a major storm several years ago. And no one is suggesting to not prepare until Thursday.

Then move the game to a neutral site. Its not like that hasn't been done in the past.

You apparently have no idea what it takes to prepare another stadium along with preparing the coaches, players, media, and families of two teams to relocate in a matter of days.

All the while when their focus should solely be on preparations for the storm and safety.

**** the game or any whining about the fairness of a bye week. GTFOH

That's the best option IMO.....I read Atlanta's stadium is available and could be an option......as to whether it would be mostly empty with fans is another issue.

That's the best option IMO.....I read Atlanta's stadium is available and could be an option......as to whether it would be mostly empty with fans is another issue.

Possible sure. Sucks though considering Tampa plays there annually so they'd be more used to it than Miami is FWIW.

Be safe anyone. I've lived in Florida my whole life and this will be my first category 5 hurricane. I was a born a year after Andrew. If a cat 5 is on its way, I just don't see how you could have a game so close to it. There's more important things in life than football. If the Dolphins lose a bye week then so be it.

If the game was moved to Week 11, keep in mind they play at Carolina on MNF the week before and are at NE Week 12. Short rest after Carolina and no bye week to prepare for NE.

From a football perspective **** our lives.

Exactly. We'd be getting hosed like 16 games of matt Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom