Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter bullshit to move it to the bye week. Sacrifice your bottom line and move the game up to Thursday afternoon. Gives time for anyone attending to complete preparations and leave the area. The NFL isn't thinking about Miami having to play in London as well as 16 straight weeks.
Nobody cares about this game right now. Most of the city is about to be destroyed.

You apparently have no idea what it takes to prepare another stadium along with preparing the coaches, players, media, and families of two teams to relocate in a matter of days.

All the while when their focus should solely be on preparations for the storm and safety.

**** the game or any whining about the fairness of a bye week. GTFOH

It's been done before (2005) and worked with minimal problems.

Houston chose not to evacuate because of the amount of heat related deaths of people stuck in traffic they had when they went through a major storm several years ago. And no one is suggesting to not prepare until Thursday.

People are still at work and school right now. Those days are needed for preparations, not trying to play a ****ing game.

If Houston had time they would have evacuated by counties and had a process. Harvey's quick development did provide them with proper time.

You apparently have no idea what it takes to prepare another stadium along with preparing the coaches, players, media, and families of two teams to relocate in a matter of days.

All the while when their focus should solely be on preparations for the storm and safety.

**** the game or any whining about the fairness of a bye week. GTFOH
If you want to discuss the options great. If you want to act like a 5 year old I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree that at this point I just don't see them playing the game this week. Irma the bitch is way too unpredictable at this point and you can't take chances just to play a football game. I'm in Kissimmee right next to Disney and I'm a little worry about this so I can only imagine the people down south. All it takes is for her to get past florida and then turn up and it could curve in the way Charlie did which came right thru here as a 2. The jet stream coming down from the NW holds the key to everything imo. BTW, our Walmart in the area are all out of water already

Ozzy rules!!

If you want to discuss the options great. If you want to act like a 5 year old I'm out.

Only those outside of Florida are pouting that the game should be played this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Situations like these serve as a good reminder to me exactly how mundane my problems are. To think I was pissed off that my truck had a flat tire this morning. :facepalm

Stay safe down there.

Bye Felicia.

Only those outside of Florida are pouting that the game should be played this week. Telling.
I made it through the eye wall of Wilma (strongest ever recorded storm). This one has me scared shitless

Even if they have the game on Thursday or Friday, I don't expect many people to have a football game on their minds when a hurricane is days away. The stadium won't have a lot of fans there. I'm sure as hell not driving to Miami when I have to get my house prepared for the storm and I'm legitimately concerned it's not going to survive this.

After going through Sandy myself, close friends surviving Katrina, and parents and sister and her family surviving Harvey, no problem saying **** this game. Move it to the bye week and let everybody get out of town ASAP.

Miamis out at this point they either move it or we take it in the tails in terms of preparation travel and rest on a brutal 3 game stretch with no bye week.

And just cause some want it moved doesn't mean we want all you south Floridians to perish in a biblical like storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom