Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it's too late to get two other teams to play in London and give the Dolphins another game at home...

Playing in Jacksonville on Sunday should be an option.
Jacksonville is potentially not viable for a number of reasons. One, depending on the path of the storm, Jacksonville could be getting it late Sunday itself. Two, first responders will need to be mobilized from all over the state, and so basic services will be unavailable to the game (police, fire, paramedic, etc.) If the location of the game is moved to be played on Sunday, it would likely need to be out of state.

cant play the game in miami thurs or fri. not fair to the players or fans. youre gonna give the players 48 hours notice to play a game? and the fans need to get the F outta dodge. either play it on sunday somewhere else in florida or play it during the bye week. stinks playing 16 games in a row but thats probably whats gonna happen.
I think the NFLPA will step in and try to block 16 straight games. It is not good for these guys' bodies to endure that much punishment without any time off, especially since Miami plays a Thursday night game during the season and on Monday night heading into the bye (creating another short week if the game is played in week 11).

Atlanta just seems like the obvious fix here. But I think it's gonna be the damn bye week

And we likely gonna field a tired football team

I remember several years ago where 3 or 4 hurricanes took the same path. This being a cat 5 is powerful and a pretty bada$$ hurricane. It will probably will tip florida and head into the gulf which is still bad. I dont see this taking a right.

https://www.windy.com/?22.147,-74.531,4

Why wouldn't having the game on Sunday or Monday (in a stadium that isn't playing a home game week 1 outside of the hurricane path) be an option?

As a life long Dolphins fan it's a moot point to play this game anywhere in the state of Florida. The lives of all Floridians are more important. Just stay safe. I haven't been to Florida since 2005; After having visited Florida yearly since I was a child, to visit family, who lived in Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Coral Gables. So Florida will always be near and dear to my heart. IMO, It's just not worth trying to play this game this week. If the bye week is how this all eventually plays out, so be it. People are more important than a game.

Why wouldn't having the game on Sunday or Monday (in a stadium that isn't playing a home game week 1 outside of the hurricane path) be an option?

Can't imagine expecting players, coaches, and fans to focus on a silly game at the same time while their homes and cities are being struck.

Atlanta just seems like the obvious fix here. But I think it's gonna be the damn bye week

And we likely gonna field a tired football team
Tired and broken. We will suffer a lot more injuries than the average team with the 16-straight weeks of playing and short weeks from Thursday and Monday night games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom