Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we don't get it, but if we do hopefully it weakens when it goes over the Caribbean.

That is the scary thing with this storm . . . The current path doesn't have the eye going over Dominican Republic or Cuba, both of which have mountains that usually weaken these type of storms.

It is on a perfect path of destruction and the eye stays over near 90 degree water the entire time.

It was a 4th preseason game. They're playing at home Week 1 despite the damage and cleanup that is still going on.

They cancelled Thursday and weren't even able to return home until Wednesday.

Of course you eventually have to move on, but some are talking about playing at the same time that the hurricane is hitting.

I'll probably have to evacuate. I don't trust my house in this storm. This will be my first storm (especially on this level) in a wood house. I usually live in concrete.

They cancelled Thursday and weren't even able to return home until Wednesday.

Of course, you eventually have to move on, but some are talking about playing at the same time that the hurricane is hitting.

That certainly hasn't been my recommendation. I've been saying Thursday at the latest if not somewhere else or during the BYE.

Not too long ago no one had a bye week. It's not ideal, but it's certainly feasible and should be the only decision made.

Could a Thursday (7th) game at Hard Rock be the best option?

Could pack up and leave on Friday if need be.

Hopefully we don't get it, but if we do hopefully it weakens when it goes over the Caribbean.
Please go be somewhere safe. Wood homes and winds of 150-180 mph don't mix. I'd even consider leaving Florida and stay in a hotel for a few days. Apperantly this storm is going to affect the whole state of Florida. It's tracking up the center of the state.

Please go be somewhere safe. Wood homes and winds of 150-180 mph don't mix. I'd even consider leaving Florida and stay in a hotel for a few days. Apperantly this storm is going to affect the whole state of Florida. It's tracking up the center of the state.

Thank you. That's the plan atm. I'm getting prepared for that if I have to.

It takes a ton of people to play a game. It's not just the players but law enforcement and people who work at the stadium it's over 1000 people. Thursday night would be the latest this game could be played in Miami but that's cutting it very short. Also, people talking about playing 16 weeks in a row, are you guys too young to know that at one point in time each team used to play 16 weeks in a row every year? Yes I know it's not fair for us to do it while other teams don't have to but playing 16 weeks in a row was done for years. Playing 16 games in a row will not stop this team from winning the super bowl.......a bad o-line and defense will

Ozzy rules!!

Not too long ago no one had a bye week. It's not ideal, but it's certainly feasible and should be the only decision made.

Well......if by "not too long ago" you mean 28 years ago.....the bye weeks started in 1990. And if you wanna get really finicky.....they had bye weeks in the early 60's.

The islands won't even serve as speed bumps for this storm.
Just curious why you think that? Did you hear that somewhere, or are you just assuming? It seems to me that past storms have been greatly affected by going over Puerto Rico, Haiti/DR, and/or Cuba but I'm going strictly on memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom