Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well......if by "not too long ago" you mean 28 years ago.....the bye weeks started in 1990. And if you wanna get really finicky.....they had bye weeks in the early 60's.

Yes, that's what I mean.

It takes a ton of people to play a game. It's not just the players but law enforcement and people who work at the stadium it's over 1000 people. Thursday night would be the latest this game could be played in Miami but that's cutting it very short. Also, people talking about playing 16 weeks in a row, are you guys too young to know that at one point in time each team used to play 16 weeks in a row every year? Yes I know it's not fair for us to do it while other teams don't have to but playing 16 weeks in a row was done for years. Playing 16 games in a row will not stop this team from winning the super bowl.......a bad o-line and defense will

Ozzy rules!!
Not to mention the guy near the entrance of the stadium with the big barrel and different size brooms!

Take care, guys! It's a football forum, so I understand why some are only interested in what happens to the game. But it's going to be a difficult test for a lot of people. Someone mentioned soldiers. This will be the closest thing to a war a lot of people will go through. And it's not just Florida. Dominican Republic, Cuba, all those little island-countries with nothing outside the storm to support them :frown

Nothing to do but be prepared and hope for the best. Better not trust to hoping, though. Account for the fact this one might surpass the worst case expectations, like what happened in Houston.

Just curious why you think that? Did you hear that somewhere, or are you just assuming? It seems to me that past storms have been greatly affected by going over Puerto Rico, Haiti/DR, and/or Cuba but I'm going strictly on memory.

Being a Floridian since the late 70's along with sailing experience to the Caribbean you get to know these things first hand.

You can also watch the models and the only thing that truly effects the strength of a hurricane this size is large land mass or elevation.

People will already be on the roads on Thursday out of here. Can't have a football game tying up traffic.

This.

Moving it to Thursday would mean 2 days notice for fans hoping to attend the game. That's a bit ridiculous. More importantly, there'll already be traffic building up on Thursday afternoon if evacuations are issued.

Just move the game to our originally scheduled bye week and fight through the 16 straight weeks of games. If anything, we'll really get a chance to see what this team is made of in the face of adversity. Losing your QB for the season and dealing with hurricane rescheduling... If the fins finish better than .500 this season with all this adversity, you have to consider Gase for COTY.

It's bittersweet that I'm leaving the country this Thursday. Wish I could stay in Miami and be with my loved ones. Hope everyone stays safe.

It takes a ton of people to play a game. It's not just the players but law enforcement and people who work at the stadium it's over 1000 people. Thursday night would be the latest this game could be played in Miami but that's cutting it very short. Also, people talking about playing 16 weeks in a row, are you guys too young to know that at one point in time each team used to play 16 weeks in a row every year? Yes I know it's not fair for us to do it while other teams don't have to but playing 16 weeks in a row was done for years. Playing 16 games in a row will not stop this team from winning the super bowl.......a bad o-line and defense will

Ozzy rules!!

Back then they practiced harder than they do do. They also didn't fly to London for a home game.

If we get a neutral site game, maybe the NFL can let us play NO in Miami instead of going to London.

Pretty obvious at this point that the game will be moved to bye week. Moving the game to Thursday isn't gonna happen; I'd be shocked if that's the decision.

Playing it this Sunday at neutral site also seems highly unlikely. It would be a distraction to players who will be concerned with the storm ripping up their hometown as the game is being played.

With no announcement as of yet, I cannot imagine Thursday or Friday being an option (a lot to plan to make it happen in 2-3 days). If it isn't something like ATL on Sun, it's gonna be the bye week. Or how about a good old fashioned coin toss like they did in Friday Night Lights? It got Permean into the playoffs, maybe it'll do the same for Miami!

I vote for the ATL. Besides the NFL gets to show off the Benz stadium and its luxury boxes. The real money maker in terms of season tickets

Don't think they're going to pin this game in Miami

Expecting a neutral site competition to start off

My thoughts are with you guys and your families in SoFla.

I'm in "Serenity Now" mode, feels like yesterday going through the vicious Matthew. We still have areas not fully recovered. One of the prime eating establishments/areas in Ponce Inlet just re-opened last month after the damage. Any ideas of hosting the game after storm passes is not going to be possible. Most roads will be unsafe driving if it does make landfall.

Just be safe and remain calm out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom