Dolphins inform Howard he'll be Released | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins inform Howard he'll be Released

Same thing happens whenever an older RB comes available... remember all the FH support for signing Cook... or Zeke before him.

Casual fans react to name recognition... from 2 years before. You can generally tell who actually follows football closely by whether they are dying to support faded players.
It’s not as simple as dumb fan wants old name player. Some recognized the RB room was injury prone and not likely to be there when we needed them when it mattered down the stretch and lo and behold ..

It’s not as simple as dumb fan wants old name player. Some recognized the RB room was injury prone and not likely to be there when we needed them when it mattered down the stretch and lo and behold ..
I said the same thing... for years, I have clearly stated that I'm not a huge fan of placing all of your bets on small scat backs... especially when one is Mostert.
The difference is... Joe Fanboy wants to give Cook 8m/year... claims it's cheap for how good he is.
I, on the other hand, wanted to bring in a middle round type rookie and a cheap 2M type player.
Joe Fanboy squealed... we want Cook; we want Henry!

You can buy smart... but sadly, Joe Fanboy only knows the 'big' names.

That's why I am such a HUGE fan of the player negotiated salary cap. The players are guaranteed a set % of the league's income. The owners make more money and the players get a equal raise. It works very well.

When a player, like X. Hoard, holds out and throws a girly tantrum... he gets money that would have gone to other players. It isn't that the owners keep more... Hoard just gets more of his teammates' money.
The vast majority of fans/posters have no understanding of how the salary cap works, why it was needed and what the actual impact it. They also don’t understand the realities of collective bargaining, contracts or even business in any detail.

The vast majority of fans/posters have no understanding of how the salary cap works, why it was needed and what the actual impact it. They also don’t understand the realities of collective bargaining, contracts or even business in any detail.
I get that...

When players hold out, there's always a guy who'll post, thinking the player is 'sticking to the owner' when the truth is completely different. The owner is completely unaffected by the player's monetary demands. Each team will spend all of it's cap... the player salaries come out of the predetermined pool, so one player just gets money that would have gone to other players.

Thanks for everything X-man, sucks it had to end this way.

By cutting him, the Dolphins are doing the exact same thing. They don’t want to pay him the contract they agreed to. It goes both ways.
This is what so many people don't understand. So dumb to get mad at someone for trying to get every dime they from their employer.

You think he doesn't like his kids or something?

This is what so many people don't understand. So dumb to get mad at someone for trying to get every dime they from their employer.
As an employer who pays far above average for every employee, we will agree to disagree. I believe in honoring a contract. The contract will have escape clauses which are fully explained and understood clearly by both parties.

By cutting him, the Dolphins are doing the exact same thing. They don’t want to pay him the contract they agreed to. It goes both ways.
I don't really agree with this, the Dolphins paid X that contract based on performance metrics that X hasn't come close to in several years. The Dolphins kept being patient and X failed to get back to form.

Show me the money has an equal counterpart....Show me the results

Back
Top Bottom