Dolphins inform Howard he'll be Released | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins inform Howard he'll be Released

This is what so many people don't understand. So dumb to get mad at someone for trying to get every dime they from their employer.
Fever already explained this. It's not every dime from their employer, it's taking money from other players that could make more or sign better players, it affects the team. Remember, his whole reasoning for wanting more money was because another teammate was making more. Incredibly selfish.

He was an outstanding player for the Dolphin's. Last season his play dropped considerably but he was playing hurt. His best days are behind him, he wants crazy money still and it's time to say goodbye. A great player but why does he have to be such a jerk?? Well. no matter, he'll be someone else'
s jerk now!!

This moves falls under the same as Ogbah IMO. Xavien was a great player but in 2022 we paid for past production. His play had started to slip and the last two years it became apparent he wouldn't bounce back to being a great corner. I believe j-off-her-doll has raised this point multiple times. Its incredibly difficult to build a top tier defense and the window is very narrow when you do because of how many pieces it requires and the cap space constraints.

Fever already explained this. It's not every dime from their employer, it's taking money from other players that could make more or sign better players, it affects the team. Remember, his whole reasoning for wanting more money was because another teammate was making more. Incredibly selfish.
I'm sure you'll go into your job tomorrow and ask that you pay be reduced to the same level as anyone making less.

As an employer who pays far above average for every employee, we will agree to disagree. I believe in honoring a contract. The contract will have escape clauses which are fully explained and understood clearly by both parties.
So the Dolphins shouldn't be allowed to terminate his contract this year?

That's why I am such a HUGE fan of the player negotiated salary cap. The players are guaranteed a set % of the league's income. The owners make more money and the players get a equal raise. It works very well.

When a player, like X. Hoard, holds out and throws a girly tantrum... he gets money that would have gone to other players. It isn't that the owners keep more... Hoard just gets more of his teammates' money.
Yeah, I was just talking in general about the elders nothing specific except maybe streaming a playoff game.

I don't really agree with this, the Dolphins paid X that contract based on performance metrics that X hasn't come close to in several years. The Dolphins kept being patient and X failed to get back to form.

Show me the money has an equal counterpart....Show me the results
If there are clauses in the contract stipulating exact metrics X had to hit, then that makes sense. But that’s not how they do these contracts.

X was a great player for us for many years and has declined in play and health, but is still an above average/good player. He has the right to advocate for himself and the Dolphins have the right to cut him whenever they want.

No player better exemplifies the culture of the Miami Dolphins franchise over the last decade better than Xavian Howard.

From the off-field distractions, domestic violence issues, contract hold-outs, negative salary cap ramifications and never winning a single playoff game. Xavian Howard is a walking metaphore for the recent iterations of the Miami Dolphins.

May his departure issue in a new day for the Dolphins franchise!

Back
Top Bottom