Dolphins inform Howard he'll be Released | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins inform Howard he'll be Released

Guess you should give up your take so all your employees make the same amount then 🤷‍♂️
After 2008 our industry hit a wall and I had to take a $1 salary for 2 years and K1 whatever profits we still had to be able to afford to pay my guys. Yeah, done that too boss.

Point is, if I had x amount of money that came in every year that I had to pay my guys, I would divy it out according to skills like the cap, bring in new people to solidify and absolutely 100% not have one of them try to bend me over a barrel because they thought someone being paid more "wasn't fair". Selfish **** results in the outcome of yesterday. I doubt they even offered him less because they know who he is and just want that cancer out of the building.

So the Dolphins shouldn't be allowed to terminate his contract this year?
You clearly don’t understand the way contracts are written in the NFL. I don’t know anything about you (age, biz experience, etc) but you show a naive perspective.

You clearly don’t understand the way contracts are written in the NFL. I don’t know anything about you (age, biz experience, etc) but you show a naive perspective.
You clearly don't understand how they work either. If a player decides he doesn't want to play for the terms of the contract, he doesn't have to. He just won't get paid. The team is then free to renegotiate with him if they want to.

You clearly don't understand how they work either. If a player decides he doesn't want to play for the terms of the contract, he doesn't have to. He just won't get paid. The team is then free to renegotiate with him if they want to.
Ok Scotty, I defer to your vast wisdom in NFL contracts, business acumen and negotiating experience. lol.

Well I own the company so I decide what myself and my employees make. Perks.

That's cool bro but that's not the luxury a lot of people have. Nor can a lot of people rely on a boss like you to take a huge hit to still pay employees. In fact, neither i nor the wife have, EVER in our 45 years of life (looking at family) and 20+ as professionals have ever....EVER met a boss like you apparently are....so kudos to you sincerely...but again you are not the norm.

What we've met are bosses that see the profit margins dip 2% and it's....(for my wife) Mrs. ----- I need you speak with you for a moment in my office...and boom your out the door ...one time the day before Thanksgiving dinner...no mercy, no give 2 flying ****s about us, our kids, the bills etc.....we've been on medicaid and food stamps at times because of that kind of bullshit....

In the end, her salvation became to work for the government again (after 20 years in the private sector) to finally find stability even though the pay stinks but its better than having (like her) asshole real estate lawyers or corporations (who dont care and bought up 90% of the small business in her field during covid) send you packing while the job goes to India to a team SHE trained.

(Breathe) 😂 yeah i hate talking about this kind of stuff 😂

Not exactly...

If a player refuses to play or practice, then his team can go to Court and seek the return of his signing bonus because that bonus is subject to the player fulfilling his part of the contract (playing). For a high paid player, this could be 10-30 million dollars.

The Dolphins SHOULD have sued Hoard. They would have won...
If he didn't have the cash, then they could put leins on his property and force him into bankruptcy.

Yes... tough, but this was an avenue the team could have taken in Hoard's hold out. They should have.

Nonsense.

All players get what the details and stipulations of the contracts guarantee.
I guess I'm always surprised by how many fans don't understand that every unguaranteed contract comes with the stipulation that the team agrees to pay you this amount, IF YOU MAKE THE TEAM.

I guess I'm always surprised by how many fans don't understand that every unguaranteed contract comes with the stipulation that the team agrees to pay you this amount, IF YOU MAKE THE TEAM.
I'm not surprised. Most ppl don't even read most of the things they, themselves, sign, let alone get legal advice/explanations on them.

As you can see, most posters don’t understand the complexities of unguaranteed contracts. The league couldn’t exist without the legal agreements they have.

I think the only way to simplify it to some would be: He who has the gold makes the rules.

That's cool bro but that's not the luxury a lot of people have. Nor can a lot of people rely on a boss like you to take a huge hit to still pay employees. In fact, neither i nor the wife have, EVER in our 45 years of life (looking at family) and 20+ as professionals have ever....EVER met a boss like you apparently are....so kudos to you sincerely...but again you are not the norm.

What we've met are bosses that see the profit margins dip 2% and it's....(for my wife) Mrs. ----- I need you speak with you for a moment in my office...and boom your out the door ...one time the day before Thanksgiving dinner...no mercy, no give 2 flying ****s about us, our kids, the bills etc.....we've been on medicaid and food stamps at times because of that kind of bullshit....

In the end, her salvation became to work for the government again (after 20 years in the private sector) to finally find stability even though the pay stinks but its better than having (like her) asshole real estate lawyers or corporations (who dont care and bought up 90% of the small business in her field during covid) send you packing while the job goes to India to a team SHE trained.

(Breathe) 😂 yeah i hate talking about this kind of stuff 😂
Yeah, it's just a small business so we take care of our own.

People just look at this situation differently, but it comes down to the employee themselves regardless of the boss. If the employee (Howard) performs well and has good character, doesn't complain, is a good teammate to other employees, I think this situation may be different. He isn't and this is where we are.

It funny. I've been very vocally against this dude for years and gotten A LOT of pushback here for my opinion. Understandable, people held him in high regard for whatever reason. Now, it seems since his production fell off as I said it would people seem to be fine with letting him go no problem. A lot like what you mentioned with those profit margins, but in talent. **** is cutthroat! 😂

Yeah, it's just a small business so we take care of our own.

People just look at this situation differently, but it comes down to the employee themselves regardless of the boss. If the employee (Howard) performs well and has good character, doesn't complain, is a good teammate to other employees, I think this situation may be different. He isn't and this is where we are.

It funny. I've been very vocally against this dude for years and gotten A LOT of pushback here for my opinion. Understandable, people held him in high regard for whatever reason. Now, it seems since his production fell off as I said it would people seem to be fine with letting him go no problem. A lot like what you mentioned with those profit margins, but in talent. **** is cutthroat! 😂
Yes, we paid X very well, his play is declined, and now his salary should as well. he may not be the type of guy to see that but he’ll find out very soon. Pro athletes salary is a bell curve and he seems to want to be linear and it won’t be

Back
Top Bottom