Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

so what you do with jon cooper is even though he's a top 12 player in the draft because you don't value the position enough to validate the pick you let him drop right in some already contenders lap and he helps them whoop your *** for the next 10 years...

i have a hard time understanding that...

Tbh. I'd rather that contender get cooper than Austin, carradine or eifert. I think they would kick our ass more

I might be oversimplifying it but, all things being equal, would you rather have the best lt in the nfl or the best wr. Would you rather have joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson. Would you rather have the best guard in football(I don't even know who that is) or Darelle revis or aldon smith or jj watts. If you value the cb, wr or pass rusher more than the oline man, than you take the elite talent at that position at the draft when the opportunity presents itself.

well since i got a qb i'd rather have the best player period...regardless of position...and in this draft imo no position prospect that can get in our wheelhouse is a better prospect than lane johnson...regardless of position...trust me if i saw a calvin johnson or a jj watt if we ran a 34 or a revis i would not be talking about taking the top tackle...but for me he's the most likely bpa that gets to us...so he's on the list

now trading up for him and paying that price...that's where i'm lukewarm about it...but not the player or the position he plays itself...

Hoops. Honest question. I give you a choice to have a prime Dwight Stephenson, the greatest center ever, or aj green, a top 5 receiver just today. Who would u take?

Tbh. I'd rather that contender get cooper than Austin, carradine or eifert. I think they would kick our ass more

ha ha ha...good point...i guess it all depends on where you have guys on your board...and yeah i do not want to face austin unless he's got a bad qb 2 times a year...

What would it take for SF to trade up to Miami's pick @ #12, IF Miami should decide to trade down, so SF can select Austin @ #12? Food for thought!!! SF has scheduled a private workout with Austin.

Hoops. Honest question. I give you a choice to have a prime Dwight Stephenson, the greatest center ever, or aj green, a top 5 receiver just today. Who would u take?

aj green...the playmaker...but he's not in this draft...no wr that fits what we want to do on o and want out of our wrs at that level is...

and if he was i doubt teams would be keen on trading out so you can go get him...

aj green...the playmaker...but he's not in this draft...no wr that fits what we want to do on o and want out of our wrs does...

But remember. Jj watts went 11 or 12, aldon smith was said to be overdrafted, revis went in the teens I think. Even if you have Johnson as the better player at his position, the impact these skill positions have warrants the selection even if they are slightly lesser at their position. Not to use hyperbole but if the bpa was a punter, a sure guaranteed hall of fame punter, you still wouldn't take him at 12. You said that you would take a wr whose arguably not even top 3 today over the best center ever. That's why u take a playmaker over the lineman even if the lineman grades slightly higher.

But remember. Jj watts went 11 or 12, aldon smith was said to be overdrafted, revis went in the teens I think. Even if you have Johnson as the better player at his position, the impact these skill positions have warrants the selection even if they are slightly lesser at their position. Not to use hyperbole but if the bpa was a punter, a sure guaranteed hall of fame punter, you still wouldn't take him at 12. You said that you would take a wr whose arguably not even top 3 today over the best center ever. That's why u take a playmaker over the lineman even if the lineman grades slightly higher.

well in my defense i don't think i've ever seen any dwight stephenson tape...:lol:

but to your point what does aldon smith jj watt and say jpp all have in common??? they were all athletic freaks...like lane johnson

aj green...the playmaker...but he's not in this draft...no wr that fits what we want to do on o and want out of our wrs at that level is...

and if he was i doubt teams would be keen on trading out so you can go get him...

IDK, Austin could be a nice addition especially if we trade Bess.

well in my defense i don't think i've ever seen any dwight stephenson tape...:lol:

but to your point what does aldon smith jj watt and say jpp all have in common??? they were all athletic freaks...like lane johnson

And carradine, austin or Patterson aren't?

I wonder if the "talk" of the Fins moving up makes the Chiefs come down of the #2 demand...

the highest rated skill position player on offense in this draft right now is probably tavon austin...an undersized slot with return skills and some abilities in the backfield...a 5 ft 7 guy...patterson is falling into the 2nd half of round 1 eifert might be the next guy...and while i do really like him he's a 4.68 40 guy not exactly a top 10 pick worthy burner at the position...

it also has to be said that the top of this draft relative to prior ones at the skill positions is not all worldly...the depth is good in this draft but the top guys in this class are not far and away the best prospects...

so in this draft a lane johnson talent makes a lot of sense to me because his talent and tools and upside still validates a top 10 pick in any class...

This could happen as the word out here in San Diego is that the Chargers are probably going to go OT so this may have some truth to it. The Chargers pick right in front of us at 11.

the highest rated skill position player on offense in this draft right now is probably tavon austin...an undersized slot with return skills and some abilities in the backfield...a 5 ft 7 guy...patterson is falling into the 2nd half of round 1 eifert might be the next guy...and while i do really like him he's a 4.68 40 guy not exactly a top 10 pick worthy burner at the position...

it also has to be said that the top of this draft relative to prior ones at the skill positions is not all worldly...the depth is good in this draft but the top guys in this class are not far and away the best prospects...

so in this draft a lane johnson talent makes a lot of sense to me because his talent and tools and upside still validates a top 10 pick in any class...

I certainly don't disagree with you. Any of those 3 tackles would be an outstanding and more importantly, a safe pick. I just wonder if the the playmaking skills of Austin will be too enticing to pass on? Also, I was watching path to the draft just a couple of days ago and there was some talk Eifert may be sliding a bit, maybe back half of the first.

i also just read the ticker on NFLN that said winston is in SD. So things can still change.

Back
Top Bottom