Dolphins meet with Pat White | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meet with Pat White

Would be all for drafting Pat White, but not before the 4th.

if we move beck before the draft, i could see him as our 4th round pick. well even if we dont move beck before the draft. if we draft pat that would certainly signal that we will probably trade beck before the season starts for a #2 in 2010. probably the latter as bill will feature john in preseason and drive up his value and then unload him before the season starts (ala jason taylor).

Convince me please. Several mock drafts have us taking Pat White in the 4th or 5th round, I just don't know if that is a good move. I realize the kid has talent, but are we really at the stage where we draft a player to be involved in 10-12 plays a game. I trust the Trifecta, but we have so many glaring holes, and I am afraid it is gonna take our 4th round pick and I just don't see it being a great move.

The key word there is "move". Because that is exactly what this kid has, moves in the open field aside from throwing the ball accurately. I thought he was the best QB in the Senior Bowl.

Think this way. If he becomes our 4th WR and 3rd QB and is Mr. Wildcat, then he brings value like no other because he will be cheap and he will take two roster spots leaving us with one more player to sign to big money! or something like that.

And in the Wildcat, not only does he take the snap, but other times, Ronnie takes the snap and he is the WR who the defense now has to account for deep instead of Pennington who is just standing there. That means the Safety may have to stay back instead of shooting up.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/02/21/qb-pat-white-a-wildcard-for-the-wildcat/

I dont care who dislikes not Drafting White, me personally I hope we Draft this kid. White would add the passing option Ronnie could not add. It would morph the Wildcat Completely. So Im on the Pat White bandwagon, plus he replaces Beck and you can kiss Beck *** goodbye. Remember last year when the Tuna signed Jayson Foster last year and the Tuna was in love with the kid. Well Pat White is a Jayson Foster on ten times better and I think the reason we draft him is cause the Tuna will want him. Plus you can never have enough QB. White wont be listed as a QB though he will most probably be a WR on gamedays.

One of the things that made the wildcat work is the element of suprise. Ronnie was a high school QB, so he can throw . . . yea that throw against the Jets sucked, but he can throw still. Ronnie gave you a power runner who could run it up the gut if need be, take it outside if need be . . . and teams had to play it neutral because he is also the starting TB.

With White, that element is gone . . . first off, he is a situational player so teams will keep a spy on him when he enters . . . he is not an every down player like Ronnie and Ricky.

To me, we aren't that good to merit drafting him within the first 4 rounds as a situational player. Unless he becomes our slot WR, which no offense to White . . . he doesn't beat out Bess or Camarillo for that position.

The key word there is "move". Because that is exactly what this kid has, moves in the open field aside from throwing the ball accurately. I thought he was the best QB in the Senior Bowl.

Think this way. If he becomes our 4th WR and 3rd QB and is Mr. Wildcat, then he brings value like no other because he will be cheap and he will take two roster spots leaving us with one more player to sign to big money! or something like that.

Then u take away from Brandon London . . . who I rather have as a WR to work with, instead of a 6 foot 190 lbs White. Don't we have enough of those guys on the team as is. So u replace a guy who could potentially start for u one day in London . . . also a solid blocking WR and Special teamer . . . for a lightweight WR, who didn't play WR in college . . . and is not a prototype QB.

Pretty much u weaken 2 positions (3rd QB and 4th WR) by having White being versatile. I'm not a fan of doing that.

Take a good hard look at your avatar and then let me know if you think White would be a waste of a day 2 pick.

absolute waste. if we get a line that stupid gimmick Wildcat will be a thing of the past. good riddance. i rather run the ball with consistancy week in and week out with a good line. he is a waste, not because he isnt "good" but because he wouldnt help us enough to be a bigger need than someone else in the 4th-6th range

absolute waste. if we get a line that stupid gimmick Wildcat will be a thing of the past. good riddance. i rather run the ball with consistancy week in and week out with a good line. he is a waste, not because he isnt "good" but because he wouldnt help us enough to be a bigger need than someone else in the 4th-6th range

Rounds 1 thru 4 IMO are guys u should be able to say, "starter" at some point.

Pat White is not a starter

And even by some strange reason he is there in round 5 . . . I still rather go with an OT (depth) or a DB or a small school NT with alot of potential or a LB.

Now if White is there in round 7 with one of our 3 picks . . . then hell why not.

I like both your explanations. I know he put up some great numbers at WVU, and I was happy that his height wasn't really 5'9''. The FO love players that can fill more than one role, and he would definitely do that. He was by far the best QB at the Senior Bowl, though that's like being the best amish electrician. I still think the 4th round may be a little too high, but I trust the Trifecta!

WildCatWhite?

Today's' quote from PalmBeachPost.com:

"The Wildcat formation could be his (Patwhite) way in..."

“I think it gives me a better opportunity to help someone at the next level,” White said Saturday at the scouting combine.
White said he met with the Dolphins, who discussed a number of things with him, including the Wildcat.
“Hopefully I can help their offense,” White said.
White said he watched the Dolphins run the ‘Cat last season.
“I saw a few games with it,” he said. “Interesting. It gives defenses headaches. It gives them about 40 more minutes of film they have to focus on.”
White would be a wild card selection for a team looking to develop him into a secret weapon."

got everybody talking. only the Tuna knows for sure. what do you think?

no thanks

He wouldn't be selected in the first two rounds...he would come probably in the 3rd or even 4th round. At that selection I would not mind seeing him in a Phins uniform and taking some charge with the Wildcat. I'd rather see him throwing the rock instead of Brown. Would give the Phins much more offensive attack.

FriendTooDrkPark, I agree
makes sense to me too. especially, if we can multi-task him as a WR.
3rd or 4th round pick would work

In rounds 4-5 I think we could snatch him, then wildcat would be so dynamic.

Back
Top Bottom