Dolphins Might Just Be The NFL's Worst Team In 2018 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Might Just Be The NFL's Worst Team In 2018

Gase has 2 more seasons to get our team to be a strong playoff team. If not, he's gone.

We restructured Tannehill so Gase is going all in on RT. Yes, Gase and Tannehill are married for the next couple of years. If RT lets him down, Gase's rep will certainly take a hit.

I didn't like Phailbin but he at least recognized that Tannehill was not the answer.
Philbin did little to groom Tannehill if anything so a ton of blame is on him and Carr vs Tannehill over their careers are very equal at this point.

Negative wins! NEGATIVE, I say! They're gonna borrow losses from 2019 just to kick the can down the road!
WIth the 33rd ranked offense and the 39th ranked defense. Tannehill throws 502 interceptions on only 300 passes. Our third down conversion rate is an indeterminate zero out of zero as we choose to punt on second down, assuming we didn't turn it over on first down. Instead of deflecting balls down and getting pass defended stats, our defense tips the ball into receivers hands. Tankersley leads the league with 32 passes offended. We finally run a vertical passing game, but its in the direction opposite of the quarterback. Our longest completion all year is -35 yards.

Every season is a story unto itself. Who could have predicted Ajayi's breakout in 2016? Who could have known Cutler would be QB'ing the Dolphins last year? It rests not on one player's predictable production, it rides on players we don't know yet, breakouts yet to happen, injuries unforeseen (on our team or others), coaches doing lines of cocaine in the office, bullying....

Other than teams with a HOF QB who is healthy much of the year, many teams are luck and timeliness away from 3-6 wins or a ten win season.

if Tannehill goes down? it wont look good.

if he is back and genuinely healthy? the O will be improved

If 70 year-old Bob Griese lines up under center, we'll be improved. If Dales lines up we'll be improved... At least at the QB position.

The Fins won't be the worst team in 2018, but we have a front-runner for worst thread for 2018. We will likely be a middling team once again. There is still a fair amount of talent on the team. And also not nearly enough to go anywhere in the playoffs if we happened to somehow make it. Once again we need a really good draft, and for younger players to get much better for us to be much improved.

There is still a fair amount of talent on the team. And also not nearly enough to go anywhere in the playoffs...

If Bill Belicheck took over the team as it is now, and commandeered the war room during the draft, would we make the playoffs? Or Pete Carroll or Sean Payton?

If you say "yes" then we must have enough talent. If you say "yes" and we don't make the playoffs then my concerns at the top will be correct. All theoretical of course. I stand by my feeling that coaching matters the most in football. I have no faith in Gase and less on both OCs but he hired them so...

This team is already MUCH better than last season's. Just the fact that Tannehill is coming back healthy and ready to go makes all the difference in the world. Getting rid of divas and replacing them with team first players make a huge difference. Watch the errors disappear, watch the penalties go way down, discipline will be the rule instead of pre snap mistakes. It's a totally different team and team Philosophy. I has to be better than Cutler and his magic band of losers that we saw last year.

With today's release of Mike Pouncey: I hereby apologize for this thread, and will never jump the gun again.

It appears there is a modicum of common sense left in the Dolphins front office.
apology accepted.

Back
Top Bottom