Dolphins Pass Rush at #4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Pass Rush at #4

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/27/pass-rushing-productivity-team-defenses/

PFF put up it's pass rushing productivity for this year. Phins DL is #4, LB's at #10, and DB's at #8 of the 4-3 D's. Overall we are #4.

Agree or disagree?

Individually

DL- Wake #3, Jordan #19, OV #18 (4-3 only). Odrick #5, Starks #7, Soliai #16 (all DT's and NT's).

LB- Wheeler #3, Misi #30 (4-3), Ellerbe #20 (all).

DB- Jones #7, Clemons #51 . Carroll #63, Grimes #85 (all).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen nothing yet to disprove my hypothesis that Southbeach 2 is some sort of robot designed for the sole purpose of spitting out PFF stats... :chuckle:

Good pass rush. Not an issue with me.

I have seen nothing yet to disprove my hypothesis that Southbeach 2 is some sort of robot designed for the sole purpose of spitting out PFF stats... :chuckle:

Does not compute. :)

Better than the other stats guy. At least Southbeach just posts it and leaves. Instead of trying to use it to prove a player he dislikes is a bad player.

Jordan needs more run if not on the edge at end some damn where...but I doubt we see it

pass rush is not an issue...lb play vs the run is the major problem

Too bad the tackling part of the pass rush is too advance for him....

True, he has 1 sack, 4 hits, and 17 hurries. Wonder how many hurries should have been sacks? It's still good as there are few 4-3 OLB who bring much of any pressure.

True, he has 1 sack, 4 hits, and 17 hurries. Wonder how many hurries should have been sacks? It's still good as there are few 4-3 OLB who bring much of any pressure.

Yeah but our scheme is lb blitz heavy so those numbers are gonna be inflated...

Curious what barkevious Mingos numbers and ranking are

Jordan needs more run if not on the edge at end some damn where...but I doubt we see it

pass rush is not an issue...lb play vs the run is the major problem

Agreed. Shelby has been good vs the run but, has rushed the QB 152 times for 3 sacks, 2 hits and 5 hurries. Jordan has rushed 144 times for 2 sacks, 3 hits, and 15 hurries. At least, he can take some snaps from Shelby.

Sounds right. Our D is playing balls out and keeping us in games.

They are a good defense just not consistent. Consistent defenses don't let teams beat them at the end of the game. Miami seems to let let crazy things happen to them like that last 4th and 10. No excuse to let that happen. They close out sometimes like the Bengals game which by the way was a great defensive play call by stunting Wake on the inside. They(the Bengals) nor I was expecting such a call. I wish they would get more creative like that.

Yeah but our scheme is lb blitz heavy so those numbers are gonna be inflated...

Curious what barkevious Mingos numbers and ranking are

Mingo has 4 sack, 5 hits, and 13 hurries but, is ranked #37of the 3-4 OLB's on the rush. Looks like PFF's eyeballs don't see him taking advantage of his opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom