Dolphins Pass Rush at #4 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Pass Rush at #4

This is without an offense that ever gives us a big lead and the ability to really turn the pass rush loose. I imagine if Tannehill werent so bad at playing QB, this would be the top ranked pass rush. IMHO, it is the best pass rush, just not statistically.

This is without an offense that ever gives us a big lead and the ability to really turn the pass rush loose. I imagine if Tannehill werent so bad at playing QB, this would be the top ranked pass rush. IMHO, it is the best pass rush, just not statistically.

Jesus Christ give it a rest already.

Mingo has 4 sack, 5 hits, and 13 hurries but, is ranked #37of the 3-4 OLB's on the rush. Looks like PFF's eyeballs don't see him taking advantage of his opportunities.

He's learning to play lb but it would behoove them to let him rush with a hand in the dirt...all I have seen regular season wise is 2 point stance

I believe the reason we're not #1 in pass rush is the inability to stop the run as in past years. If the opposing O's had to throw, as we do, the pressure would be something special to see.

I, for the life of me, can't understand why Jordan isn't in the Von Miller role, rushing from a 4-3 OLB position..

Put Wheeler on the bench and put Jordan on the field.

I, for the life of me, can't understand why Jordan isn't in the Von Miller role, rushing from a 4-3 OLB position..

Put Wheeler on the bench and put Jordan on the field.

Jordan did get 30 snaps last week, up from his norm of 20, and 10 were in coverage. He was not thrown at once. I've been saying he is easily the best cover we have for a TE. He has done nothing to disprove that in his limited play. With his speed, height, long arms, and athleticism, you could not design a better player to cover today's TE's. Yet, he sits and TE's kill us.

This is addition to what he has shown us as a pass rusher. He should be in somewhere on every obvious pass play.

Jordan should be playing every single down. He should be playing WOLB when he isnt rushing with his hand in the dirt.

Coaches say they dont want to exploit him against running teams basically....have they seen Wheeler play? He is useless against the run...hes soft..cant fill the hole..can get off a block..and cant tackle. Im no expert but thats typically not a great combination.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/27/pass-rushing-productivity-team-defenses/

PFF put up it's pass rushing productivity for this year. Phins DL is #4, LB's at #10, and DB's at #8 of the 4-3 D's. Overall we are #4.

Agree or disagree?

Individually

DL- Wake #3, Jordan #19, OV #18 (4-3 only). Odrick #5, Starks #7, Soliai #16 (all DT's and NT's).

LB- Wheeler #3, Misi #30 (4-3), Ellerbe #20 (all).

DB- Jones #7, Clemons #51 . Carroll #63, Grimes #85 (all).

doesnt matter if we agree or or not but these numbers mean little because we dont have that great of a pass rush.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/27/pass-rushing-productivity-team-defenses/

PFF put up it's pass rushing productivity for this year. Phins DL is #4, LB's at #10, and DB's at #8 of the 4-3 D's. Overall we are #4.

Agree or disagree?

Individually

DL- Wake #3, Jordan #19, OV #18 (4-3 only). Odrick #5, Starks #7, Soliai #16 (all DT's and NT's).

LB- Wheeler #3, Misi #30 (4-3), Ellerbe #20 (all).

DB- Jones #7, Clemons #51 . Carroll #63, Grimes #85 (all).

I don't understand what this kind of statistical cherry-picking is supposed to mean. The only measure of a good team is it's W-L record. Whether we're a good pass rushing team or a bad pass rushing team, we're still 5-6 and there's just nothing to cheer about in that.

doesnt matter if we agree or or not but these numbers mean little because we dont have that great of a pass rush.

OK, I'll bite. Define a "great pass rush."

I don't understand what this kind of statistical cherry-picking is supposed to mean. The only measure of a good team is it's W-L record. Whether we're a good pass rushing team or a bad pass rushing team, we're still 5-6 and there's just nothing to cheer about in that.

Imagine, if you will, a forum which talked about nothing but the teams won lost record. You would have few, if any, to post to.

You're welcome. :)

So basically you're posting to avoid boredom?

Not at all, I enjoy discussing these things. On the other hand, you say you do not but, still post to them. Now, who is bored? :)

Back
Top Bottom