Dolphins Pass Rush at #4 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Pass Rush at #4

Not at all, I enjoy discussing these things. On the other hand, you say you do not but, still post to them. Now, who is bored? :)

I am. Of these kinds of threads which is why I usually don't engage in them. Single aspects don't define good teams; the whole package is what does it.
But carry on. Happy Thanksgiving!

OK, I'll bite. Define a "great pass rush."

we are not among the top 4 pass rushing teams would have been a better way to phrase it. There are more than 3 teams with better pass rushes. This includes sacks, hurries that create turnovers and such.
Buffalo is one of those teams, as is Seattle, St Louis. New Orleans, KC. Hell seeing Phillip Wheeler ranked that high shows how flawed the thier system is.

Our defense also has been on the field so much because the offense cannot sustain drives. This will inflate our defensive stats which isn't a true measure of our defense. If they were so good then we would produce more 3 and outs from our defense, but we rarely see 3 and outs from our defense.

With this defense on the field so much they wear down and they struggle to stop game winning offensive drives simply because they get worn out by being on the field so dam long!

I keep hearing how great we are on PFF in a bunch of categories but then I look at the product on the field and it doesn't match.

I am. Of these kinds of threads which is why I usually don't engage in them. Single aspects don't define good teams; the whole package is what does it.
But carry on. Happy Thanksgiving!

It does not define the team but, it does the players, and I have interest in how Dolphin players are playing regardless of what the record is. It also does define strengths and weaknesses, and where we need to upgrade to get better.

Have a Great Thanksgiving.

we are not among the top 4 pass rushing teams would have been a better way to phrase it. There are more than 3 teams with better pass rushes. This includes sacks, hurries that create turnovers and such.
Buffalo is one of those teams, as is Seattle, St Louis. New Orleans, KC. Hell seeing Phillip Wheeler ranked that high shows how flawed the thier system is.

The article is about the pass rush only, and not creating turnover and such. Which 4-3 OLB do you see as better on the pass rush, aside from Von Miller?

I'd much rather have Misi out there instead of Wheeler. Misi has been held out a lot even though he's our best tackler and is getting solid in coverage.

Kiwanuka is pretty good at OLB rushing the passer like Von Miller.

Our defense also has been on the field so much because the offense cannot sustain drives. This will inflate our defensive stats which isn't a true measure of our defense. If they were so good then we would produce more 3 and outs from our defense, but we rarely see 3 and outs from our defense.

With this defense on the field so much they wear down and they struggle to stop game winning offensive drives simply because they get worn out by being on the field so dam long!

If you read the article, you would see that the team rankings are based on averages and not just numbers. It also does support your point in that our DL rushed 40 times more than the average of the 15 4-3 D's, the LB's 33 more than average, and DB's 19 more than the average of all D's. Over 11 games it's not a big difference but, it is still a difference which could matter.

I keep hearing how great we are on PFF in a bunch of categories but then I look at the product on the field and it doesn't match.

PFF is a VG indicator of individual play and rank compared to others but, often that in itself does not translate to the play of the team.

The article is about the pass rush only, and not creating turnover and such. Which 4-3 OLB do you see as better on the pass rush, aside from Von Miller?

Than Wheeler hell Im sure u could name plenty. Hell the guy he replaced is a better pass rusher than him

It does not define the team but, it does the players, and I have interest in how Dolphin players are playing regardless of what the record is. It also does define strengths and weaknesses, and where we need to upgrade to get better.

Have a Great Thanksgiving.
so much
Well Wheeler is not a stength in this area or maybe any area. I liked him as a low budget signing not so much at his money.He is an ok player good at times but neither he or Ellerbee are worth what they get paid

Neither of the LB's we got were a good value, not by a stretch. With that said, our defense has been pretty good this year and has put us in position to win many games. If our offense was running at even average capacity we'd have 7+ wins already.

Our pass rush would be even better if we had a healthy Patterson playing corner.

Back
Top Bottom