Dolphins sign Probowl Kick Return Clifton Smith | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins sign Probowl Kick Return Clifton Smith

soa side from kick returns and punts...where do you guys think smith will play on offense if he does?, is he faster than all our backs? His returns looked slow to me.

Smith is and always has been a running back. This is where he also lined up at practice today.

I don't know if he is faster than all of our backs but he is definitely the smallest.

7 fumbles, 4 lost in 2 seasons with TB. Coming off a knee and concussion.
Honestly, those are my worries. Fumbles on kickoffs are killers. Concussions seem to linger. We'll see. Still I love this pick up!

We wouldn't need him if the fins would have kept Ted Ginn, he isn't better return man than Ginn, he doesn't have his speed. I think he will be better than what they have right now, but he is clearly NOT better than Ginn.

We wouldn't need him if the fins would have kept Ted Ginn, he isn't better return man than Ginn, he doesn't have his speed. I think he will be better than what they have right now, but he is clearly NOT better than Ginn.

you couldn't have seriously typed that with a straight face. Smith is a much better KR than Ginn

you couldn't have seriously typed that with a straight face. Smith is a much better KR than Ginn

Put down the crack pipe..Ted Ginn is 100 times better return man thian this guy...if he is so good then why did the Buccaneers cut him then? Why not get something for him by trading him? Answer...because nobody in their right mind is gonna trade for a guy who fumbles a lot and has had concussions last year. He looks slow on film...I do think he breaks a lot of tackles...he is better than Bess and Cobbs as a return man....better than Ginn....no freakin way dude!

Put down the crack pipe..Ted Ginn is 100 times better return man thian this guy...if he is so good then why did the Buccaneers cut him then? Why not get something for him by trading him? Answer...because nobody in their right mind is gonna trade for a guy who fumbles a lot and has had concussions last year. He looks slow on film...I do think he breaks a lot of tackles...he is better than Bess and Cobbs as a return man....better than Ginn....no freakin way dude!

he's not going to fall down because he might get hit. you forgot about that. he has much better awareness. he uses his blocks extremely well. none of these things Ginn would do. he would head for the sidelines and outrun everyone or simply run out of bounds.

as for why Tampa Bay cut him, Smith was buried at RB and they have a WR in Michael Spurlock who is a borderline Pro Bowl returner himself. that's all assuming Tampa Bay makes the right decisions all the time, which probably isn't the case anyway.

The Dolphins special teams coach had better get his units playing better than what they have shown us this pre-season or he will be looking for new employment soon. I can't take anymore blocked punts or field goals...why the fins released Westoff as SPC is beyond me...his units were some of the best the Dolphins ever had.

Time will tell who is better Clifton Smith or Ted Ginn....I have my money on Ginn...watch and see what he does in San Fran and compare him with slowy Smith.

Umm what? Ted Ginn was well below average last year. Without that fluke Jets game, Ted Ginn's KR average was terrible. Even with the fluke Jets game, his KR average was middle of the pack at 13th in the league. Meanwhile Clifton Smith led the league in KR average last year, and was a pro bowler in 2008. He was also 2nd in the league in PR average in 2008, 11th last year. Ted Ginn is CLEARLY not better than Clifton Smith.

Back
Top Bottom