Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Talking trade with KC for Alberts?

If they were going to do this, I don't understand why they didn't just re-sign Jake? Am I missing something here? Both have had injuries, and Jake is a year younger. We suck.

The Guy was ranked top 5 tackle last year... he is worth a second round pick. As far as him getting hurt well long wouldn't have finished the season either. He just turned 28 and is a top tackle and there is no one in the second round at tackle with his talent

The Guy was ranked top 5 tackle last year... he is worth a second round pick. As far as him getting hurt well long wouldn't have finished the season either. He just turned 28 and is a top tackle and there is no one in the second round at tackle with his talent

there's no one in the second round who will cost $8 million/yr either.

Yeah but there's a smart way to go about it.

I would say there are multiple ways to do that and one of those is getting a legit LT in a trade with KC.

BTW, I am tired of people saying Albert cannot make it through a season. He played 15 games in 2010, 16 games in 11 and d13 last year. The guy answers the bell.

This is an absolute horrid idea. Why give up a premium draft pick for a 28 (to be 29) for an unnatural LT & have to pay him in excess of $8M a year? Why not give that money to Long? Or better yet why not sign one of the two premium RTs in the NFL in Andre Smith (who is only 26) & Sebastian Vollmer? Or a short term one or two year fit with Eric Winston. Then we'd fill a gaping hole without costing us a young piece to build on. We still have immediate gaping needs at CB, TE, DE, FS, G, & IMO WR plus awaiting needs next year in DT & SLB. If Martin doesn't work out at LT this year then address the need next year.

Nope....ProFooball Focus rates him at #25, rated good at pass blocking, however he is CRAP at run blocking :-(

Unless you have NO confidence in Martin at Left Tackle, why wouldn't we sign Eric Winston (the Chiefs other tackle from last year) who's cheaper and more durable and doesn't cost draft picks? And even if we don't have confidence in Martin at LT, we could sign Bryant McKinnie to man the left side and THAT wouldn't cost draft picks. I don't see any good coming from this trade.

Why don't I just flush my money down the toilet
[video=youtube;7QM-VqkxIEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QM-VqkxIEQ[/video]

Its is clear Martin is not ready to pla LT. Last year he was borderline good at RT. Winston wont sign for less then 6-7M a year and he is a RT not LT.

Alternatives are to trade up in the draft for one of the 3 LTs; we will have to give up our 12 and 42 to do it for a LT. Not ideal.

We can give up #54 pick for Albert if he will take the contract we offered Long. Essentially trading V. Davis for Albert. He is very good and we can sign him for 4 years for about 30M with 15M Guaranteed.

If we wait till second round for OT, we will have to use #42 and that player may require development. Imagine if we would have started Martin at LT last year; Tennehill would have been killed in the first game.

I am OK if its #54 pick; I would not trade 42. Maybe offer a player that will save us salary cap.

Unless you have NO confidence in Martin at Left Tackle, why wouldn't we sign Eric Winston (the Chiefs other tackle from last year) who's cheaper and more durable and doesn't cost draft picks? And even if we don't have confidence in Martin at LT, we could sign Bryant McKinnie to man the left side and THAT wouldn't cost draft picks. I don't see any good coming from this trade.

LT is of huge importance especially to a QB like Tannehill who's lives more in the shotgun/playaction and not the pocket. Martin hasn't shown he's a capable startle

Well from the look of things this team is not really built through the draft. But in defense Albert is a nice player .

Yep, I know. It is just laughable how everyone around here was talking how Ireland had changed and now he was going to build through the draft. Yeah, right. Can't teach an old Parcells disciple a new trick...

Hard to say what the heck we should do. We have all these playmakers now and a good young QB. But now the OL has got to be a concern with just not a whole lot of options it seems.

Hard to say what the heck we should do. We have all these playmakers now and a good young QB. But now the OL has got to be a concern with just not a whole lot of options it seems.

Who are all these playmakers? Mike Wallace is definately a playmaker but Brandon Gibson thats quite up to debate

Yep, I know. It is just laughable how everyone around here was talking how Ireland had changed and now he was going to build through the draft. Yeah, right. Can't teach an old Parcells disciple a new trick...
Bro you should be pulling for him to be successful and not to fail. I am not his biggest supporter however I would like to finally get this right once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom